Julia's popcorn watch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I have always admired Julia's watch but could never justify buying one. I bought the Veronese one but found it too light and flimsy so sold it on ebay.

Julia has always worn a white gold one, but when on air yesterday I am certain she was wearing a yellow gold one. Does anyone know if Julia has 2 or could they be bringing the real gold popcorn watch back to Q?

Going back a few years now, she mentioned having 2 popcorn watches, one in white gold and one in yellow gold, lucky girl!

I have the yellow gold one the chain has broken on it twice now,can't be bothered getting it repaired anymore.
Lynn

She's had them for years - bought them back in the days when the 9ct yellow one was around £120 !!! Remember those ?????? (less her discount of course)

Thank you ladies. I don't think I could afford one even if it ever came back in stock but I can but dream!

Lynn did you see the thread a few months back someone had the Julia Roberts popcorn watch. It broke and QVC customer services told her that the Julia Roberts popcorn watch carried a lifetime guarantee. The OP got a refund apparently! If someone can find that thread and put a link up as I am not capable of doing it on my phone, sorry.

I'm not overly enamoured with her or her popcorn watch. I have a Mondaine pocket watch from Switzerland!

I was lucky enough to have been bought a Longine from Switzerland - but my Veronese popcorn does me for everyday use !

My everyday watch is a Rotary in the size in between ladies and gents IYKWIM-it was a bargain at clarks village. I have a bullova too and my grandmothers gold watch for best. I used to have a Rolex but sold it as I never wore it. My husband has just bought me the Eternal black ceramic watch which was recently on easypay as I like the chunky look instead of pretty and delicate and it will match my grey tops, leather corded jewellery and gunmetal eyeshadow!! The price seems good compared with similar on Amazon. I have about 6 watches that I tend to rotate so they all get worn.

My husband loves watches and has just bought his dream watch with some of his inheritance. A Breitling.- he has always said he likes those. If I could choose a really posh watch I think I would go for a "ladymatic" which I think is omega? I saw Nicole Kidman modelling one in a magazine once and it stuck in my mind.

It was a tough call to sell the veronese. It was very pretty but light as a feather compared with my usual weighty watches. I also wish they had done a white gold finish as I found the 18ct yellow gold colour too bright in colour.

I don't ever remember JR's watch on QVC for £120!! I bought the original veronese TSV which was about £50...I always thought her watch was advertised for around £300+

I thought the gold popcorn watches were around £300 originally but I never fancied one as my wrists are too small and all my watches have to be adjusted. I have and old but tiny Swiss white gold 14ct. with diamonds only wear it occasionally I have a rotary and the res are Swatch, FCUK, Citizen etc. have about 10. OH has about 30 of various makes including Rotary, Citizen but his favourite is Rado he's not a fan of Rolex.

Thank you ladies. I don't think I could afford one even if it ever came back in stock but I can but dream!

Lynn did you see the thread a few months back someone had the Julia Roberts popcorn watch. It broke and QVC customer services told her that the Julia Roberts popcorn watch carried a lifetime guarantee. The OP got a refund apparently! If someone can find that thread and put a link up as I am not capable of doing it on my phone, sorry.

Thank you for this info. Mine broke after less than 10 careful wearings. Has been sitting in a box for years.

I don't ever remember JR's watch on QVC for £120!! I bought the original veronese TSV which was about £50...I always thought her watch was advertised for around £300+

Just dug out the invoice for mine (9ct yellow gold) in December 2004 it was £366+ £3.95 postage I was working then!

I bought one on gold and loved it. After a year or so it started keeping terrible time. I thought it might be a dodgy battery and brought it into the local jewellers. They sent it to their repairers and said that one of the components in it was plastic and they couldn't fix it. They were astonished that such an expensive watch would have such a cheap component. I though that it was beyond warranty but now need to find it and the invoice. Not easy!

thanks for the info

Latest posts

Back