Julia.... So so Wrong

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
so my beloved JR was presenting a jewellery hour earlier tonight. the stuff was a pile of cack, typical american cast offs by kenneth jay lane... awful common plastic rubbish and that pretty dough-face Amanda was trying to make the most of the modelling.

anyway there was this necklace that was described as 65cm and JR got into this big disagreement with the gallery about the equivalent in inches. the gallery told her what it was and JR basically said they were wrong. she would NOT have it. after a couple of further one sided conversations JR finally admitted she was wrong and the gallery were right,

there was then a very embarrassing couple of mins where JR tried to demonstrate her "working out" and how she had arrived at the imperial equivalent, this just dropped her further into mire as it was clear she didnt have a clue. she then went on to tell us how she still worked in inches while "sophie" was totally metric. it was all a bit embarrassing.

Julia... its 2011 stick with metric love. and dont question, its not a good look.

JR admitting she's got something wrong?

Isn't this one of the signs of the Apocalypse? What next? Rains of blood? Plagues of locusts? Classy looking Kim&Co?

*SHUDDER* :sweat:

so my beloved JR was presenting a jewellery hour earlier tonight. the stuff was a pile of cack, typical american cast offs by kenneth jay lane... awful common plastic rubbish and that pretty dough-face Amanda was trying to make the most of the modelling.

anyway there was this necklace that was described as 65cm and JR got into this big disagreement with the gallery about the equivalent in inches. the gallery told her what it was and JR basically said they were wrong. she would NOT have it. after a couple of further one sided conversations JR finally admitted she was wrong and the gallery were right,

there was then a very embarrassing couple of mins where JR tried to demonstrate her "working out" and how she had arrived at the imperial equivalent, this just dropped her further into mire as it was clear she didnt have a clue. she then went on to tell us how she still worked in inches while "sophie" was totally metric. it was all a bit embarrassing.

Julia... its 2011 stick with metric love. and dont question, its not a good look.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=338354&country=UK :giggle:

thought she looked quite old and faded last night. Possibly because she had to admit she was wrong.

thanks for the video link Pinkmoon. I'm older than Julia and still work in imperial but even I know that 30cms = 1 foot so it was easy enough to work out that 65cms = 26" and I'm a person who had the maths teacher wringing his hands in despair way back when...!:mysmilie_512:

I was so mesmerised by the horrendous item of jewellery I hardly took any notice of Julia's wittering :talking: Making a feature of the nasty coral-shaped bit of plastic!

I was so mesmerised by the horrendous item of jewellery I hardly took any notice of Julia's wittering :talking: Making a feature of the nasty coral-shaped bit of plastic!

WAS it actually "coral shaped"? It looked to me like the extraneous bit they remove from something after it's taken from a mold.

Did anyone else see Julia being right when she thought that a top from the new fashion range was longer than stated? She was so pleased with herself!

Wish she would stop going on about Sophie all the time, many years ago it was all about Daniel and Sophie.

thanks for the video link Pinkmoon. I'm older than Julia and still work in imperial but even I know that 30cms = 1 foot so it was easy enough to work out that 65cms = 26" and I'm a person who had the maths teacher wringing his hands in despair way back when...!:mysmilie_512:

I made the mistake when I was about 12 of reminding the maths teacher that he hadn't read out my results following an exam. He said as I had come last with not one right he thought I would prefer not to have it read out in front of the class. He was a horrid man, but as you can tell I got over it!! :doh:

Well Julia may have got the measurements wrong but she sure made up for it by looking super hot in that blue top.....it was a great way to stop you looking at the dodgy jewellery :blush:

Maths...slightly off topic

LOL I was a pain in the @rse to my high *maths teachers, because I went to a very good primary school I didn't learn anything new in maths til the year we started Trig. My maths teacher wouldn't let me be in an O level set in case he had to teach me ever again, so I was dumped into the CSE group. I got every Q right in my mock and having a CSE has never really held me back.

I can see a similar pattern with my DD, she's been a natural at maths until a run in with a humourless maths teacher coincided with a surge in smart-@rse hormones at 14. Now she's convinced she's rubbish at Maths - such a shame kids who actually find numbers interesting can't have their enquiring minds nurtured.

Jude xx

* not a state school I hasten to add.

I made the mistake when I was about 12 of reminding the maths teacher that he hadn't read out my results following an exam. He said as I had come last with not one right he thought I would prefer not to have it read out in front of the class. He was a horrid man, but as you can tell I got over it!! :doh:

mine used to pick on me to answer questions in class, knowing full well that I hadn't a ****** clue what he was on about - I swear I've got dyslexia with numbers..now come on someone, I know there's a proper name for it but I don't know what it is!!:confused2:

It's easy to see why Julia prefers imperial - after all, it sounds sooooo much bigger in metric! If you're a 36 inch bust, it's 90 in metric and we can't be having it sound so big if we're only a SMAAAAAAALLLLLL now can we :grin:

mine used to pick on me to answer questions in class, knowing full well that I hadn't a ****** clue what he was on about - I swear I've got dyslexia with numbers..now come on someone, I know there's a proper name for it but I don't know what it is!!:confused2:

Dyscalculia

Jay:angel:

Dyscalculia BM - I've put a link on to test yourself. http://www.dyscalculia.me.uk/testing.html

Latest posts

Back