Julia on the TSV show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I get really annoyed with her. She's a lovely looking woman, even looked OK after she had removed her eye make-up and a good presenter, but she lets herself down with her dress sense. Tonight her purple top is far too tight - it squashes her bust out of shape and clings to her spare tyres/muffin tops. The short skirt reveals her upper thighs which are not pretty and her bony knees. Not a good look.

I know there are lots of posts on the same subject, but I do wish she would read and take notice.

Linda :hi:

I was watching the repeat of the next hour and SJ from BE didn't look too clever either. Do they not look in the mirror?

I think the problem with Julia is defo her dress sense. She tends to dress in clothes that are suitable for someone of a smaller frame then herself to put it polietly. As erics mum has said the clothes are clinging to her spare tyres and large breasts and short skirts are not a good look on large thighs. She would look so much better with tailored clothes that disguise imperfections and a longer skirt. She can still look lovely if she just dresses for her shape! And I certainly dont think that Glan campbell fashion guru can offer any useful fashion advice to her either! really its common sense.

julia wears stiff from the qvc wardrobe. obviously not a good look for us mere mortals with normal body flaws!

julia wears stiff from the qvc wardrobe. obviously not a good look for us mere mortals with normal body flaws!

She would have a better chance of looking ok is she wore the correct size though!

She can look fab when she gets it right but she seems to pick things that aren't flattering or don't fit.

I think julia was very good looking (and still is to be fair) when she was younger and she had a great figure.I think sometimes she finds it hard to realise that,that figure has gone.Shes a confident person and for the most,I truely think, that she thinks, she can still wear a lot of fashions.

She has a lot of compliments on her hair,her face,her body etc - she loves it that people can't believe she is the age she is - and will happily tell anyone her age because she believes herself she doesn't look it.She believes the hype and herself.

Other than that - she can't watch herself on tv and has no idea!

I also agree - her face and hair are very good for an 'over fifty' and I love her jewellery - just wish I could afford that cuff bangle!!! But her dress sense is awful - she is always in things a size (or two - or three) too small and wears clingy tops and always those awful black mules - which would be great around the house or shops but not for TV!

I was watching the repeat of the next hour and SJ from BE didn't look too clever either. Do they not look in the mirror?

I didn't like SJ's outfit either ... wonder if AY will be asking for that one (the last time I saw them on together AY said she wanted to steal SJ's wardrobe).

And as for Julia, from the neck up she looks fantastic. Very beautiful woman for her age. Shame she wears such ill fitting clothes.

Don't all jump on me :eek: but I don't think we should be criticizing her either for her dress sense or body shape. There's enough pressure put on women as it is without us sensible women
spinninglaughing.gif
, putting the boot in. Julia has her own style and, like it or not she does make an effort and mostly looks great. Her sales technique is much more important than what she wears and she's pretty good at that. If I looked as groomed as Julia does on a daily basis, I'd be thrilled!

Julia is very beautiful, I think her skin is amazing but agree that her clothes do her no favours, too tight, often too short and she needs to ditch those mules. Think that simple, well cut and accurately sized clothers would make her look so glamorous.

Don't all jump on me :eek: but I don't think we should be criticizing her either for her dress sense or body shape. There's enough pressure put on women as it is without us sensible women
spinninglaughing.gif
, putting the boot in. Julia has her own style and, like it or not she does make an effort and mostly looks great. Her sales technique is much more important than what she wears and she's pretty good at that. If I looked as groomed as Julia does on a daily basis, I'd be thrilled!

Julia has put herself in the "public eye" due to the job she does and as such is open to critcism. She obviously wears clothes that are far too small and unflattering...what image does she portray to the "viewing public", young or old??

spinninglaughing.gif

I wouldn't dream of jumping on you and I can see where you are coming from. Most posters have been generous in their praise of her looks and grooming. I don't think anyone is criticising her body shape, as she can't help that, but her insistence on wearing clothes that are too small, too tight and generally unflattering does provoke a lot of comment.
It leads me to suppose, probably wrongly, that she is too high-handed to take advice. I then look at the other presenters and wonder if they all come in and rummage in the dressing-up chest as none of them are particularly stylish.

I know that in fashion hours, they are often obliged to wear something from the range and this can be a bit daunting, but even in the most hideous range, there is the odd thing that wouldn't look too bad. Likewise her shoes. I'll bet that as an ex dancer she has trouble with her feet, but she mainly sits down, so I don't understand why she has to wear those awful flip-flops and I would have a lot more sympathy if she was on her feet for hours.

She is a good presenter who is spoiled by her presentation so I find it difficult to take her seriously, and that's a shame.

Julia has put herself in the "public eye" due to the job she does and as such is open to critcism. She obviously wears clothes that are far too small and unflattering...what image does she portray to the "viewing public", young or old??

Of course you're right, she is in the public eye and therefore a legitimate target, but I feel (in me waters!) it's wrong to be so judgemental of an excellent presenter's looks, who has sometimes wobbly fashion sense.

I wouldn't dream of jumping on you and I can see where you are coming from. Most posters have been generous in their praise of her looks and grooming. I don't think anyone is criticising her body shape, as she can't help that, but her insistence on wearing clothes that are too small, too tight and generally unflattering does provoke a lot of comment.
It leads me to suppose, probably wrongly, that she is too high-handed to take advice. I then look at the other presenters and wonder if they all come in and rummage in the dressing-up chest as none of them are particularly stylish.

I know that in fashion hours, they are often obliged to wear something from the range and this can be a bit daunting, but even in the most hideous range, there is the odd thing that wouldn't look too bad. Likewise her shoes. I'll bet that as an ex dancer she has trouble with her feet, but she mainly sits down, so I don't understand why she has to wear those awful flip-flops and I would have a lot more sympathy if she was on her feet for hours.

She is a good presenter who is spoiled by her presentation so I find it difficult to take her seriously, and that's a shame.

I'm surprised you find it difficult to take her seriously due to the way she presents herself Artemis. You seem to me, and obviously are, an extemely intelligent, astute lady able to see beneath the surface as it were and she's hardly a bag lady!!! :tongue2:
Thank goodness no-one can see me today! I look as if I've been dragged through several forests backwards! I'd probably be excommunicated from ST if we had to put pics up! :sweat:

I guess I'm just shallow, then and I'd certainly be excommunicated from ST alongside you, if you could see me now. I wasn't holding myself up as a shining example nor am I taking you any less seriously because of the way you tell me you look atm. However, if you turned up on my doorstep looking bedraggled and tried to sell me something to make me look better,then I would be unlikely to part with my hard-earned cash.

I guess I'm just shallow, then and I'd certainly be excommunicated from ST alongside you, if you could see me now. I wasn't holding myself up as a shining example nor am I taking you any less seriously because of the way you tell me you look atm. However, if you turned up on my doorstep looking bedraggled and tried to sell me something to make me look better,then I would be unlikely to part with my hard-earned cash.

You're definitely not shallow! We just have a different way of looking at things I guess and I promise, if I do ever turn up on your doorstep flogging facial potions, I'll have smartened myself up :emo:

spinninglaughing.gif

If she looks a fright and is trying to sell fashion by telling us how good it looks and how you could combine it with x, y and z then I just cannot take her opinion seriously.

I agree that sometimes she looks great but too often she picks clothes that do nothing whatsoever for her.

If she looks a fright and is trying to sell fashion by telling us how good it looks and how you could combine it with x, y and z then I just cannot take her opinion seriously.

I agree that sometimes she looks great but too often she picks clothes that do nothing whatsoever for her.

I don't think she ever looks ''a fright''. Questionably dressed maybe, but never a fright. Anyway, it would be a boring world if we all dressed perfectly all the time. I like a bit of Julia individuality!

I can't take JR seriously either I'm afraid and it's all down to the image she presents. Yes she's a good presenter but after all the years that she's been flogging basically the same old same old, she's entitled to be. :rolleyes: She can look really good but that is a rare occurance, and most of the time she just looks ridiculous stuffed into clothes far too tight that accentuate every bulge. I don't think she has found a particular style that suits her, it's as if she sees something that looks good on a hanger and immediately thinks it will look good on her, and is deluded enough to believe it does, despite what the mirror is trying to show her. My usual response when I catch any of her shows is what does that daft cow think she looks like?? :YIKES: :pPC:

spinninglaughing.gif

Apols if this thread appears bitchy-critical, but I started it because I think its a shame that she lets herself down with her clothes. If I knew her I would say exactly the same thing, in a friendly positive way. I do wonder whether her family and co-presenters mention it but she ignores them ?

I dearly hope she reads this thread and gains something from it, as all women deserve to look the very best they can when the situation calls for it.

Linda xx

Apols if this thread appears bitchy-critical, but I started it because I think its a shame that she lets herself down with her clothes. If I knew her I would say exactly the same thing, in a friendly positive way. I do wonder whether her family and co-presenters mention it but she ignores them ?

I dearly hope she reads this thread and gains something from it, as all women deserve to look the very best they can when the situation calls for it.

Linda xx

You didn't come across that way Eric's Mum. I'm probably being picky. Generally I get a bit fed up with women downing women on account of their looks , but I appreciate everybody's right to express their opinion. Just thought I'd express mine!

Latest posts

Back