Jill Franks ingenue dresses

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wornoutcreditcard

Registered Shopper
I think it was a miss fire have JF present the ingenue London show the dress she is wearing just doesn't suit her, she doesn't have the figure for the wrap over style it hangs off her and looks shapeless. Lets face it Catherine Huntley looks great in these dresses as she is more curvaceous and likes the brand so much. I can see Julia or Marverine in them but not ?jF.
I think more thought should go into which presenters do which shows to do the products justice. At least JF isn't talking over the guest and interrupting her for a change. But the show is only halfway through.

I thought she looked quite good in the dress but then I'm not so keen when people look too skinny if that makes sense, I suppose it could have been the wrong size, I assume she's an 8 maybe they only had a 12 in the studio, actually it was when I saw her wearing it I made the decision to buy that dress as I was swaying from earlier in the day until I saw her in it, it's funny how we all see things differently lol!

I thought Jill looked great in it. I am smaller than Jill (size 2-4), so the range wouldn't fit me; if they did, seeing her wearing them, whilst not making my mind up, would have ticked a box. Jill looked fit and healthy to me, and had a lovely tan.

I disagree - I thought it was one of the better ranges on her.The dresses are clearly cut for the skinny minnies - look at the guest presenter and what she was wearing - she looked fab and would fab in anything - there wasnt an inch of fat or lump or bump on her.......Lots of things that JF wears just do not fit her.....I thought it was a good look for her.

I dont actually think the dresses are that flattering on CH.I'm a 16,I reckon shes about a 14 and she must wear good support under those dresses,as like kim and co the material shows everything.I actually think the dresses always make CH boobies looks HUGE!!!!

I only caught a second of it full length but I assume it was the one she was wearing during the gem show and thought she looked much better than some of the 1 shoulder jobs she wears. It looked as if it fitted her well on the top but the old bulldog clip could have been in use I suppose!
Liked the colour and pattern on her.

I dont actually think the dresses are that flattering on CH.I'm a 16,I reckon shes about a 14 and she must wear good support under those dresses,as like kim and co the material shows everything.I actually think the dresses always make CH boobies looks HUGE!!!!

There are some that don't suit big boobs, I'm a 36GG and a couple of styles do make them look bigger but on the whole most styles are extremely flattering to a bigger size, I have worn them when fluctuating in weight, due to medication and illness, from a size 12 to 16 and I can absolutely state the material doesn't show any lumps and bumps in most styles, I've had more compliments in these dresses when a size 16 than when a 12 but like all ranges you have to find the styles that suit your body type best, also this material does not cling like K&C especially the slinky, most definitely not.

I don't know what range it was from, but I caught a few minutes of Chuntley in a maxi the other day and it was awful on her.

Whilst I made no bones of my dislike of her presenting style, I will be first to admit she usually looks good in these dresses so it was all the more obvious how terrible the maxi was, and the granny cardie didn't help either.

I don't know what range it was from, but I caught a few minutes of Chuntley in a maxi the other day and it was awful on her.

Whilst I made no bones of my dislike of her presenting style, I will be first to admit she usually looks good in these dresses so it was all the more obvious how terrible the maxi was, and the granny cardie didn't help either.

I've hot a cardi at the mo which I can't make up my mind to take it back or keep as I can't decide if its a granny cardi or not lol!

I wear a cardy to work every day, the popcorn ones. I have a few in different styles, hip length and ones that tie. Wash and dry super quick so suit me just fine

I wear a cardy to work every day, the popcorn ones. I have a few in different styles, hip length and ones that tie. Wash and dry super quick so suit me just fine

I do like my cardi's too :mysmilie_14: what do you mean by popcorn ones?

Sorry I didn't mean anything against cardies, I wear them myself at work, but it just didn't work with the maxi dress, wrong colour, length and fabric.

I'm also a cardi girl and I have several in different styles, brands and colours. I don't wear jackets nearly as much. For summer wear I love the ones that tie under the bust, they just give an extra little layer for cooler nights. In winter I live in Woolovers cashmere and merino wool - it's so soft, light and deliciously warm.

No sorry cant agree I think CH needs to step away from the ingenue dresses :mysmilie_59:

I think she looks good in them and obviously so do her friends who see her in real life as opposed to on TV which we all know makes a difference. I'm glad she likes them and chooses to wear the range. I wonder what she would have to say if she popped round and had a look at your wardrobe lol! God I wouldn't want anyone looking in mine:mysmilie_14:

It's good not everyone likes them, about 20 years ago I spent £2,500 on a ball gown which was meant to be a one off, went to this huge ball only to find someone else walk in about half an hour after me in the same dress, of course everyone had to inform me of this which went on for about an hour, it was awful, in fact I had to drink loads to get over the embarrassment, although I would have drunk loads anyway! It's always in the back of my mind now when I go to a function if it will happen again!:mysmilie_10:

I remember reading years ago this advice on that scenario - go directly to the person and make sure everyone hears you say "I'm so pleased to meet the other person in this room who has exquisite good taste"

Not sure if I could do it though!

I think she looks good in them and obviously so do her friends who see her in real life as opposed to on TV which we all know makes a difference. I'm glad she likes them and chooses to wear the range. I wonder what she would have to say if she popped round and had a look at your wardrobe lol! God I wouldn't want anyone looking in mine:mysmilie_14:

LOL I'm not after a row JW2 :mysmilie_50: I'm merely expressing an opinion that I dont think CH looks good in them.I'm not saying I dont like them,I dont think they suit her shape.Simples.You seem to be taking what I'm saying quite personally as you like them and wear them.Have a look in what my wardrobe,I'm not that insecure :mysmilie_8:

I have never turned up anywhere where someone is wearing the same....It happened to my SIL once and she went home and changed!

I remember reading years ago this advice on that scenario - go directly to the person and make sure everyone hears you say "I'm so pleased to meet the other person in this room who has exquisite good taste"

Not sure if I could do it though!

No sure I could either, I think its awful to start with but the night takes over and you just, hopefully, enjoy yourself. It's not so great when you've actually tried to get something no one else should have its one reason I'm not that keen on shopping on the high street as it's more likely to happen any day of the week although not really sure why it matters but for some reason it does. A couple of years ago I was in a crowded car park wearing a high street chain store jumper when a toddler said look mummy it's your jumper, it was funny but I haven't purchased another jumper from that store since. I wonder if school uniform is to blame, we don't all want to look the same!?!

LOL I'm not after a row JW2 :mysmilie_50: I'm merely expressing an opinion that I dont think CH looks good in them.I'm not saying I dont like them,I dont think they suit her shape.Simples.You seem to be taking what I'm saying quite personally as you like them and wear them.Have a look in what my wardrobe,I'm not that insecure :mysmilie_8:

Not at all, I think it is sometimes how someone chooses to read the post as obviously the spoken word comes across better! Just as is your opinion you don't like her wearing the dresses I don't mind, not sure why anyone should, I'm just saying my opinion, not interested in rowing with anyone it seems the art of discussion is gone and people take offence to anything nowadays.

I'm also a cardi girl and I have several in different styles, brands and colours. I don't wear jackets nearly as much. For summer wear I love the ones that tie under the bust, they just give an extra little layer for cooler nights. In winter I live in Woolovers cashmere and merino wool - it's so soft, light and deliciously warm.

Never seen this company before, had a look at website and can feel a purchase coming on, they have some very nice things, not sure whether to thank you or not lol!

Popcorn cardis are very lightweight and come in a variety of colours, have no buttons and can be tie knotted. They are generally a step up from the cobwebby shrugs/boleros that do the same job but which are normally a one size fits all.

For decades I would never consider a sleeveless dress, but now I have quite a few, simply because I can always find a colour match "popcorn or cobweb" to wear with it. I have loads in every colour imaginable and they are a fantastic arm cover up without the weight.

Latest posts

Back