I've reached my threshold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
I am totally bored with QVC. I don't know if it's 'cos Dawnie has scarpered but the channel just appears to be coasting. "New" items and guests in the pipeline smack of desperation. Same old same old, even Mally's shock horror bloopers were tedious, RJ enough said, JR can't suffer more than 10 sec now she is a caricature of herself, Pipa like Jilly autopilot but more animated. I could go on but I don't want to bore you lot. Is it me, is it them, has the supposed professional gloss tarnished? I just know I watch seconds and switch off more than I sit and suffer.

The products they are showing on la Q don't entice me to viewing either. I used to love the Suarti and other silver shows but they are either waaay too expensive or not actually silver, just semi-precious gems or just polished and dyed rocks. The pink and purple agate pieces are just awful and I can't change channel fast enough. I still watch the Laura Geller shows and some other beauty ranges but I am really not going to watch any foot grating shows, I have one, it's good and just a verbal description of this product will do. I wouldn't do it in front of anyone, I really don't want to see anyone else do it :puke:

I love craft but QVC's hard sell, lack of demonstrations and the fact that apart from Tim Holtz's stuff, you can usually source these products elsewhere, much cheaper.

I know we are going through a recession but I think QVC needs to look again at their product ranges and maybe appear to cherish their presenters a little bit more.

The one thing I do do is check what the TSV is going to be, but I'm very selective as to what I watch these days.
It all depends on 'What' and the 'Who' - what they are selling and who is trying to flog it.

YIKES!
Following on from what I've written above, Q has just gone to Night-time repeats.
Artscapes - new presenter, Carmel Thomas - TV turned OFF!

Perhaps the late hour makes me intolerant.

couldn't agree with all of you more - I think this year I've made 3, maybe 4, purchases, but it's all so boring & predictable these days - half the time I don't even bother checking what's on..same old same old

QVC has bored me for a long time. I used to put it on in the background when on the laptop as it did not distract me. I even got bored with that, them talking away in the background was like nails on a blackboard to me.

I do flick over in telly ad breaks then move on. Now I did end up buying a Skagen watch on Tuesday evening by sheer chance. I do love the watch and very glad I was flicking over when it came one. Even brands I do like and am interested in buying(that is not many), I usually only watch the item I fancy and then move on.

The one thing I do do is check what the TSV is going to be, but I'm very selective as to what I watch these days.
It all depends on 'What' and the 'Who' - what they are selling and who is trying to flog it.

Ditto minim! I used to have QVC on for background noise while I did something else, now I have moved on to Argos or Pavershoes....

I so agree.
I usually glance at the onsite telly guide to see if any interesting TSVs are coming up over the next few weeks. But they're so rare now & I'm just bored with it all.
Apart from a couple of easy pays that are still paying off, this month I've bought just the Leighton Denny auto delivery TSV & one item in clearance.

Another one here who agrees. There is simply nothing worth watching now and when a show does come up that might be of interest, all you get are the same three or four products on rotation throughout the day. Seen one show? Seen 'em all. Prices are offputting too. It's actually shocking to see how expensive some items are now. Not just that they've gone up so much in the last year, but also that they are so much more expensive than other retailers. Easy-pay seems to be the only enticement they can offer and there's a limit to how many of those you can have in process at any one time.

What's the current fetish for dresses? I know QVC fashion has been something of a joke on here for a long time, but it seems they get wind of some kind of trend and do it to death. Also, with certain presenters having to keep telling us they wear a certain size. Oh please, we don't care! Richard Jackson - least said, soonest mended.

hear hear to all of the above posts. I mainly watch it so I can come on here and see if you lot are laughing at the same things I am laughing at. It has become a parody of itself. It looks so dated when compared to many on line stores, p and p is extortiante, I mean over 6 quid to have a pair of boots sent out when Amazon can do it for half of that. The presenters seem bored and indifferent and compensate with faux enthusiasm bordering on hysteria for stuff that would not look out of place on a market stall. I can get bedding at Dunelm, clothes at Matalan, kitchen stuff at Wilko, plants from my local market. I am so skint this year, like many others I have had my pay frozen and have to budget carefully. The only thing QVC offer that is different is the easy pay and I have used this a few times.

I totally agree. I can't tell you the last time I watched a whole hour of anything. All these "themed" weekends they have are just the same old shows dressed up to try to convince us that it's all new and exciting. Take this "Let the Sunshine In" event for example. Where is the swimwear, beachbags, sunglasses and other such sunshine stuff?

Drives me mad to think that QVC think we are stupid enough to be fooled by this. Just call it "The Three EZ Pay Event" at least that would have been honest!!

Completely agree.There was a time with 3 easy pay all weekend - well I wouldn't have moved from the settee! I would have spent a small fortune!!

4 easy pay - in times past - YES PLEASE!!! - wouldn't be able to get on the site quick enough.

Forward to today - I find QVC overpriced and over boring.Seen it all and done it all before.Doesn't seem anything new and exciting to buy.

I haven't bought anything this weekend or use my 4 pay code.I was tempted by Casual & co but thought I'd look like a sack of spanners in it - I liked the yankee TSV but wasn't going to pay £6 postage!!!!! so I'm burning the ones I've still got - and waited up until midnight thinking birkenstock will do it for me......and its the most boring madrid EVER (haven't they learnt from their past glitter hearts and croc madrids that they're still trying to flog???!!) so I bought some on ebay for £20!!

the brands I like, L'ocittaine, Birkenstock and Yankee I can get cheaper elsewhere. This year I have bought two pairs of Birkies from T Kmax and I also got a Kipling bag in there, £60 for the lot!! We have a L'ocittaine store in town and I am on their mailing list so have got an extra 10% of the sale stuff. I really shop around these days and do not fall for QVC's hype and "buying power" Even when Q do a deal that looks reasonable, the p and p is eyewatering. I swear it has doubled over the past year or so. Like you Rainbow D I quite liked the Casual and Co stuff, mainly I think because it did not look so flammable as their usual "fashion". However, when I thought about it, I have some lovely summer dresses already and let's face it, sadly don't think we are going to get a heatwave now. And RD I am sure you would not look like a "sack of spanners". You did make me laugh tho:sun:

I can only agree with many of the posts here. What really widdles me off now is their stock handling. Once upon a time, they would get in a variety of stock ready for a particular show, or set of shows. When the stock was sold, that was it. I didn't watch the Yankee shows over the weekend, but gather that the same old items were shown all day, when there were 5 pages of stuff on the website. I had a look at these and was tempted, but many of them were on waitlist. This is not acceptable for a set of shows with a TSV - I don't want to go on a waitlist, I want it now :angry: We get the same old companies doing TSVs and little thought seems to be put into the other items in the show - just flog the TSV to death and anything else can be ordered on waitlist.

It seems that QVC are using Easy Pay to try to cover up ever increasing prices. Soon this will be their only advantage. More competition and tighter budgets will see to that.

Q is not going to change while it is making such huge profits.

While having a little wander around the tinternet, as I am prone to do, I came across this article, published last December :
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...opping-channel

Profits are up 6%, and it is now the UK's most widely distributed retailer. One-in-four homes have had something dispatched from its mile-long Liverpool distribution centre, one that's six times larger than Wembley Stadium. Last year it handled 15.1m calls, generating £368m. Six weeks ago, it launched a second channel, QVC Beauty, to tap into the UK's £16bn lipstick and mascara market, which has proved impervious to the recession

and I love this bit -

"I look for voice tonality," says Tina Halvorsen, QVC UK's guest presenter manager. "Lots of our viewers keep QVC on all day, like a radio."

She'd better keep looking!

In the gallery, a live database tracks precisely how well a product is selling, and how much stock remains. Anything that triggers a sales spike – a certain phrase, or stroking a jacket's lining – is encouraged to be repeated. If sales-per-minute numbers are not good enough, it's on to the next item

Now we know!

Sheesh, all those irritating little phrases ..... Lol

Latest posts

Back