Items in your Basket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

reflexgirl

Registered Shopper
Last night I watched the TSV launch of The Sak and ordered the navy. I then thought about a birthday pressie for someone and put the global stripe in my basket but didnt complete the order as I couldnt quite make up my mind before I fell asleep!

Anyway, this morning the global stripe option has sold out. I went onto Q website and thought I would order the bigger bag in the global stripe instead, put it in my basket and lo and behold, the TSV bag was still in my basket. I removed the bigger bag I had just put in the basket and continued as if making the purchase and I was able to complete the order even though I had to re-enter my password! What a surprise! Have things changed I wonder. I thought items in your basket only stayed for about half an hour or so.

I have also posted about this.....I got a ring sent at a OTO price days after it sold out BUT it did change to "awaiting stock" before it was actually sent.

I also have another 2 old OTO's sitting in my basket, still at the lower price, although both sold out and are back to full price.

It doesn't seem to apply to everything I put in my basket.......a dress I was thinking about vanished, but its certainly happening sometimes.

Well according to QVC's website this morning they have the Global Stripe option in stock (although I agree, I did look earlier and it was sold out).

In the past, even if an item was still in stock, any item in your basket would disappear and you would have to re add it if you wanted to purchase.

Ps. it was def sold out at 9.15 when I completed the checkout. Strange!

Last edited:
Last night I watched the TSV launch of The Sak and ordered the navy. I then thought about a birthday pressie for someone and put the global stripe in my basket but didnt complete the order as I couldnt quite make up my mind before I fell asleep!

Anyway, this morning the global stripe option has sold out. I went onto Q website and thought I would order the bigger bag in the global stripe instead, put it in my basket and lo and behold, the TSV bag was still in my basket. I removed the bigger bag I had just put in the basket and continued as if making the purchase and I was able to complete the order even though I had to re-enter my password! What a surprise! Have things changed I wonder. I thought items in your basket only stayed for about half an hour or so.

I did exactly the same last night. Went through the process, then went off to bed before completing the order. I was dithering as I bought a similar size raffia type bag early this month but, as it doesn't have a zip, I wouldn't use it when travelling etc. I decided this am I would go for the Sand stripe as the Navy had sold out and lo! the Navy one was still in my basket and I went through to completion with it. I was very surprised as in the past the item is moved out of your basket after a time. I wonder whether I will actually get it or whether I will have to wait for returns. :thinking:

yes its happened to me also with OTO's.I had a NN set and a kim and co dress in my basket for ages still at the one time only price.I never completed the sale on either of the but they stayed until I removed them.I wonder if thats because they were not hugely popular - although I was led to believe the NN sold out on air very quickly??

I've noticed this happening for a couple of weeks now. Sometimes things are still "in" the basket that were placed there several days before hand. Clearing QVC's cookies hasn't stopped it happening so I can only presume there is some code error in their website.

I did exactly the same last night. Went through the process, then went off to bed before completing the order. I was dithering as I bought a similar size raffia type bag early this month but, as it doesn't have a zip, I wouldn't use it when travelling etc. I decided this am I would go for the Sand stripe as the Navy had sold out and lo! the Navy one was still in my basket and I went through to completion with it. I was very surprised as in the past the item is moved out of your basket after a time. I wonder whether I will actually get it or whether I will have to wait for returns. :thinking:

Glad you got the navy, that did sell out very quickly last night. I do wonder if QVC have a glitch in the system though.
Whilst it worked in our favour today and I quite like the fact that I was able to think about it and keep it in my basket, its not so fair on those of us who perhaps really want an item that has sold out to know that maybe some people are holding things in their basket they dont intend to purchase.

Not that I'm blaming you, well maybe lol! But since you posted this they have attempted to fix the problem but for me it well and truly c..ked it up and is driving me one step nearer to crazy!!!!

It's funny that it changed right after this post, coincidence umm ........

Can someone do a new post

Q Jump Into This Century And Offer Combined P&P, yippee!

We can live in hope :mysmilie_51:

I still have WEN TSV in my basket at the TSV price and tryed to procced to the checkout and it worked all the way only I didn't press the "submit" button in the end as I didn't need it.

Not that I'm blaming you, well maybe lol! But since you posted this they have attempted to fix the problem but for me it well and truly c..ked it up and is driving me one step nearer to crazy!!!!

It's funny that it changed right after this post, coincidence umm ........

Can someone do a new post

Q Jump Into This Century And Offer Combined P&P, yippee!

We can live in hope :mysmilie_51:

LOL, so sorry if its my fault - am holding my head in shame! :mysmilie_465:

JW2, agree totally about the combined P&P etc mentioned in your post, would be great. I's sure I've seen previous threads on this subject, but Q seem to have selective "hearing".

Also I dont know why they dont introduce a similar thing to Amazon whereby for a set fee you can have free next day delivery on all products!

They won`t do anything about capping p and p charges or offering free p and p on sales over a certain amount because the fact is they make too much money out of their p and p. It`s hidden profit for them and even if they only make 50p or a £1 on each p and p that`s a small fortune in their coffers on top of the profit they already make.

I have always said QVC make money from the p&p.

So unfortunately complaining will do nothing. It would take every single person to stop buying for them to notice and that will never happen. They moan and complain on QVC US about the same thing and they have millions more customers compared to the UK, nothing has ever been done.

Is it not your wish list, as opposed to your basket? Mine do only remain in my basket for the 30 minutes.

Is it not your wish list, as opposed to your basket? Mine do only remain in my basket for the 30 minutes.

It was the Basket - thats why it was odd to me because, like you say, it usually disappears after half an hour or so if you dont check out, but not on this occasion.

My Sak TSV order definitely stayed in my basket until the next morning. I did wonder if I would have to wait for returns, as it sold out in the initial showing at midnight, but lo and behold the bag arrived this morning. :)

My Sak TSV order definitely stayed in my basket until the next morning. I did wonder if I would have to wait for returns, as it sold out in the initial showing at midnight, but lo and behold the bag arrived this morning. :)

Ditto. Mine took 3 days to dispatch and its en-route still.:mysmilie_10:
Interestingly 2 of the colours sold out on the day, but if you look at the item today, all colours are available so I think there was a basket problem because people couldnt have sent them back already for the bags to be back in the warehouse surely - I havent even got mine yet.

I wonder if the extra profit they make on p&p is a tax dodge that they don't have to include in their main final yearly profit figure?

Latest posts

Back