Isn't it just *asking* for returns when they give the wrong colour options onscreen?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love A'kin

QualityVariesConsiderably
Thank God for Korben! Corbin? (sp?) Bless his little cotton socks. :sun:

In the first couple of Jemma Kidd shows they neglected to show us any colours at all.

In today's Jemma Kidd hour Catherine Huntley stumbled through all the colour options plainly getting some wrong on two or three item numbers.

Jemma Kidd herself had the whole Que Sera Sera "Well if you're not going to use my perfectly good shade names then I'm leaving you to it" what will be, will be, laid back vibe going on... "It doesn't matter which you pick - they suit anybody." seems to be her coping mechanism.

So it was left to Korben to have the shades all on his hand and go through them all correctly to camera so that we the customer could make an informed decision.

I'm very familiar with the brand and I've got lots of Jemma Kidd make up - But without Korben's sterling efforts - even I would have been totally confused at some points. God help a new customer!

Job well done that boy! :happy: :nod: :sun:

The thing is, when we know that QVC hold returns against the customer...

And presumably they also hold a high returns rate against the brand....

And QVC have been doing this shopping telly lark for donkeys years...

You'd think that they'd be able to get it together by now really wouldn't you?

Blimey.

Right. I'm off for a nice calming camomile tea! :grin:

I agree. It's the same with clothes sizes. They often struggle through what are obviously wrong measurements (or have no details at all) only to give up and suggest we ask Liverpool for the info.

Linda

I agree. It's the same with clothes sizes. They often struggle through what are obviously wrong measurements (or have no details at all) only to give up and suggest we ask Liverpool for the info.

Linda

And when you do, they don't know either! :giggle:

Really poor, if I got such rubbish service at a department store counter I would take it to management that I really couldn't buy because the assistant wasn't able to inform me about the product. I'd be nice but I wouldn't let it go, on QVC it's the luck of the draw how products are flogged to us.

I've been following the Jemma Kidd shows with interest and was really tempted by the lipstick/gloss thingys's but got totally confused by the colour descriptions given by Catherine today. They were so obviously not what she was saying they were. Surely by now the presenters have had time to get used to the range have a idea of what's what colourwise. Not what you expect from the UK's "premier" shopping channel! :giggle:

I could've hugged Corbin when he went through the colours on the back of his hand Love A'kin ... very professional I thought :clapping:

I can't help thinking that Corbin and Jemma would be better off presenting the Jemma Kidd shows on their own without a presenter ... t'would all be far less confusing for us lot! :cheeky:

Really poor, if I got such rubbish service at a department store counter I would take it to management that I really couldn't buy because the assistant wasn't able to inform me about the product. I'd be nice but I wouldn't let it go, on QVC it's the luck of the draw how products are flogged to us.

That's very true hon. I would be really shocked if a SA in space nk or HofF sold me the wrong colour because she didn't bother to make sure her info was correct.

Catherine Huntley is one of the presenters that I usually feel has done her prep, so it was surprising that she got so much wrong.

I don't know why QVC have to infantilise the colours anyway. Why not just call them by their actual shade names? Companies spend a lot of time an effort on naming their products to evoke emotions and support the brand image and QVC take that away.

QVC is inconsistent in this regard. Nails polishes always have proper shade names, but make up is very often reduced to generic terms like Fair, Light, Medium, Dark, and Pink, Peach, Purple, Green. I've lost count of the number of times that I've ordered Fair thinking it would be the Fairest shade that the brand do when in fact when it arrives with it's real shade name on it's actually the second or third one up, and too dark for me.

Ooh, I can feel myself going off on one again! :blush: :grin:

I've been following the Jemma Kidd shows with interest and was really tempted by the lipstick/gloss thingys's but got totally confused by the colour descriptions given by Catherine today. They were so obviously not what she was saying they were. Surely by now the presenters have had time to get used to the range have a idea of what's what colourwise. Not what you expect from the UK's "premier" shopping channel! :giggle:

I could've hugged Corbin when he went through the colours on the back of his hand Love A'kin ... very professional I thought :clapping:

I can't help thinking that Corbin and Jemma would be better off presenting the Jemma Kidd shows on their own without a presenter ... t'would all be far less confusing for us lot! :cheeky:

Corbin totally did the presenters job didn't he? I'm sorry to say this about Catherine Huntley cos I think she's a very nice lady, but Corbin being so good only served to highlight her failings.

Corbin was already going through the shades, giving tips and examples and explaining everything. I'm sure he could manage to quote the item number as well which would as you say make the presenter's role more or less redundant. :eek:

It wasn't QVC's finest hour was it? (and needless to say, I didn't buy anything!)

I find the JK hours a bit lack lustre to be honest. I think JK herself seems really sweet but a bit spaced out, she could do with a bit more sparkle and energy.

However if anyone fancied trying the lipglosses there's one free with this months Marie Claire magazine. There's three different shades and for the price of the mag, you could buy all three for considerably less than the price of two on QVC!! I have two, they're nice enough, not espeically long lasting but the colours are nice and they smell like sherbert!

Tx

Thanks for that RedT. Money is a bit tight this month but think I can stretch to the price of a magazine to get a good lipgloss!!

Thanks for that RedT. Money is a bit tight this month but think I can stretch to the price of a magazine to get a good lipgloss!!

No worries! Should also mention that this months Glamour mag includes one of three Benefit sticks (eyeliner, concealer or eyebright), each worth about £14, magazine is only £2. Sorted!! :clapping:

T

If anyone was tempted by the 221285 kit the lipglosses in them are Shell in the Peach kit, and Fuchsia in the Mocha kit.

Both are available in the Red magazine promotion.

Did anyone watch the morning show this morning, there was a phone call from a customer services manager in Knowsley who'd had some award...when asked how presenters could make their lives easier she said "give out the size info in good time so that viewers don't miss out on their size/ colour preference" (I'm paraphrasing - she was talking particularly about tomorrow's Kwim & Co TSV).

I can just imagine the ear-bashing the staff manning the order-line face; at least on Ideal World they're pretty consistent in showing slides of the size chart for their clothing. Kim herself is quite good at droning through to garment sizes.

Maybe the presenter's should be docked a % if the items sold in their hours result in a high return rate - I'm particularly thinking of the Laura Geller set which Julia made a complete mess of a month or two ago.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back