Instyler Tulip Auto Curler For Curls & Waves TSV 27/07/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Instyler Tulip Auto Curler For Curls & Waves
Item Number: 400945
QVC Price £73.00
Today's Special Value Price £59.98
P&P £5.95

The InStyler Tulip Auto Curler is an easy and hassle-free way to create perfect curls all over, with two-way rotation so you needn't hold it at funny angles, plus easy tap-button operation, and three heat and timer settings so it works for any hair type in just moments. Get the soft tumbling tresses, laid-back beachy waves or striking tight curls you've always wished for with this innovative curling wand from InStyler.

Curls in seconds - curling your hair has never been so fast and easy, because the Tulip's innovative automatic curling technology lets you relax while it does all the work. With the tap of a button, you can have perfect curls and waves in as little as three seconds.

No burns - the heated barrel is safely contained well within the Tulip body, ensuring it should never come into contact with your ears, neck or scalp. Phew!

Anti-Tangle Technology - with the unique open barrel design of the Tulip, your hair is visible and exposed at all times, preventing it from getting tangled in the unit. The ample space surrounding the barrel also makes it easy for the Tulip to curl even the longest, thickest hair.

Supreme shine - the ceramic barrel enables the Tulip to smooth hair as it curls, creating frizz-free shiny waves. The barrel will gently heat your hair without pulling or tugging, reducing breakage and damage.

Ergonomic design
Touch button start/stop rotation
Open barrel with 'no burn' safety guards
Tourmaline Ceramic Barrel for gentle, no-frizz styling
Two-way rotation
Three heat settings: low for fine hair, medium for medium hair, hot for thick hair
Three timer settings: 3 seconds, 8 seconds and 12 seconds
Three rotation settings: left, right, and alternating
30 minute automatic safety shut-off
3m (9') professional swivel cord

How to use:

Place the InStyler near to the roots and use the sectioning petal to measure a section of hair approximately 1.25cm - 2.5cm thick (0.5" - 1") and insert through the opening at the front of the Tulip, ensuring there are no loose hairs around the opening
Press the button and guide the hair section up as it is wound around the barrel inside the Tulip, letting go as the end reaches the barrel so the entire length enters
Wait for the timer to beep three times and gently pull the InStyler through your hair to release the perfect curl

Salon tips:

Beachy waves:

For perfect beachy waves, simply set the Tulip heat setting to Low (all hair types) and the timer to 3 seconds

Soft curls:

For soft, loose curls select the Low heat (Fine hair) or Medium heat (Medium/Thick hair) setting and set the timer to 3 seconds

Medium curls:

To create curls with more body, select Low heat (Fine hair), Medium heat (Medium hair) or High heat (Thick hair) and set for 8 seconds

Tight curls:

To achieve flawless tight curls, set your heat setting to Medium (Fine hair) or High (Medium/Thick hair) and the timer to 12 seconds

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.400945

This looks a bit fiddly and you can only use thin strands of hair,will stick with my curl secret.

I will say - nice to see a video, and before and after shots of the effect on hair. Presumably courtesy of QVCUS...

I will be interested to see if the US guy who sometimes comes over to present the instyler will try this out on his rather luxuriant beard... he smoothed his beard with the instyler - and it looked bizarre - beards are not meant to be like that - shiny and floppy, in my opinion. I'm visualising him with ringlets like the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz when he's done. I'd tune in for that alone :mysmilie_50:

So Chuntley has said this TSV will be available elsewhere from September but "ooh aah I think I've ooh aah got an idea of the ooh aah price, I can't say but ooh aah you're getting a good deal ooh aah that's I all I'm saying" she didn't actually say "ooh aah" but it's hard to put into words that simpering pleading thing she does, but anyway, at QVCs price to be of £73 and other places offer free p&p I'm pretty sure ooh aah, anywhere else will be cheaper than QVC.

Last edited:
QVC's price is £72 or so, and since it's available elsewhere from September, that's not long to wait to get a price that's lower than the TSV.

I think this looks far too easy to get your hair tangled up, and having read some of the reviews I think I will give it a miss. I don't want to end up having to cut my hair out of the machine - and it does sound like it gets very hot and could damage hair. I will stick with my curl secret too.

I'm watching the 11am YBF hour and wondering if Jackie has been experimenting with this contraption on her hair. It's not a good look...I would describe it as wavy straw in all the wrong directions. That's certainly put me off as I can achieve that look by just getting out of bed in the morning! This Instyler looks quite dangerous to me and I think I'll stick with my cheapo hot brush.

I'm watching the 11am YBF hour and wondering if Jackie has been experimenting with this contraption on her hair. It's not a good look...I would describe it as wavy straw in all the wrong directions. That's certainly put me off as I can achieve that look by just getting out of bed in the morning! This Instyler looks quite dangerous to me and I think I'll stick with my cheapo hot brush.

Yes she has. She said if you had her hair length then this is the effect you get rather than curls. Nonsense, she could have had ringlets, I just think she didn't want curls. Yes, her bedhead looks a mess.

She mentioned in the Morning Show that the Tulip had been used to create the "look" :mysmilie_11: I wish they'd be honest and say it probably isn't the best styling tool if your hair is as short as Jackie's, Ingrid's hair looked ok though.

I ordered the Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl 400960 for £99 in May convinced that it would be returned because I have long straight fine hair which takes a curl but drops in less than an hour. I've been pleasantly surprised, though it takes a long time because I have a lot of hair and I use small locks to create a stronger curl. However the size of locks used with the TSV tulip look very thin and it would take ages to do my whole head and I wonder whether I'd catch other hairs on the back of my head.

I ordered it! It's fine for me. I don't have very thick hair - shoulder length bob. It works well and I get a good curl which I then brush, when cool, to make a wave. I've not had any mishaps with it and I'm as clumsy as hell. It does take a fair amount of time (even on my hair) and I wouldn't recommend it on thick hair. You'd be at it all day. I'm now 3rd day post-styling and it's still looking good.

Latest posts

Back