I wish Centigrade would bring back that long faux fur lined coat they used to do...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love A'kin

QualityVariesConsiderably
It's this one but I'd prefer the darker colours they used to do. (a black and a chocolate.)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.131310

It seemed to be around for years and I kept talking myself out of it - but once I'd decided to go for it we never saw it any more. ((not in the colours I would want anyway.)

I see them on eBay all the time but not in my size. :(

Just thought I'd have a little moan in public cos I know QVC read the forum! :mysmilie_17:

Oh I remember those, used to be TSVs once a year usually.
Being 5ft 1 and a half inches tall there was no way for me to wear one. They grap my interest though then the height think kicked in.

i was very tempted to buy that last year but decided against it as it didnt give any sizes and tbh i dont trust the QVC explaination of the sizes lol
i ended up buying another (bulkier looking) one with a hood. very warm

I hate when they don't give any sizes...never mind "it'll take you from the supermarket to the Bahamas paired with a little trouser and a shoe" I wanna know which one to order! Waaaaa! :mysmilie_73: :mysmilie_73: :mysmilie_73:

Ooh Donna I think it would be waay too long for you my lovely. What a shame. It's not so much the length cos that's easily solved if you don't mind spending another £20 to get it flipped up at the bottom but it's the sleeves as well isn't it if you're dainty? My Mum loves 3/4 length sleeves cos they're bracelet length on her!

It's this one but I'd prefer the darker colours they used to do. (a black and a chocolate.)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.131310

It seemed to be around for years and I kept talking myself out of it - but once I'd decided to go for it we never saw it any more. ((not in the colours I would want anyway.)

I see them on eBay all the time but not in my size. :(

Just thought I'd have a little moan in public cos I know QVC read the forum! :mysmilie_17:

I like that coat too. I have a similar one (bit with a hood) in black. I bought it about three years ago and it is great. Wearing it today actually.

I'm not sure if I'd need a medium or a large really... size 14/16....Oh Ok you've forced it out of me...size 16! (I'm deluding myself about the 14!):mysmilie_81: :mysmilie_17:

I'm not sure if I'd need a medium or a large really... size 14/16....Oh Ok you've forced it out of me...size 16! (I'm deluding myself about the 14!):mysmilie_81: :mysmilie_17:

L'Akin you're not deluding yourself. Look at Julia Roberts she's definitely a 14 and a size small:mysmilie_11:

L'Akin you're not deluding yourself. Look at Julia Roberts she's definitely a 14 and a size small:mysmilie_11:

Well it's like Sophie Ellis Bextor's mum said on The Wright Stuff yesterday - "Just because you can get it on doesn't mean you should wear it" :D

Technically I could probably put a Small on but it wouldn't look good! (Even before I went on telly which adds ten pounds!)

I ahve a chocolate brown version , worn twice if you want to pay the postage its yours with pleasure its a medium , I just never got on with it :mysmilie_12:
PM me for details It is quite heavy

I used to have this coat,I gave it to a charity shop after only 3 wears,it was just too stiff and unruly.

There used to be a poster named SATIS,who wrote regularly and hilariously about the exploits of this coat,like it was a pet.:mysmilie_17:

I miss her.

I ahve a chocolate brown version , worn twice if you want to pay the postage its yours with pleasure its a medium , I just never got on with it :mysmilie_12:
PM me for details It is quite heavy

Honeybunny that is so so kind of you - but I don't think it will fit me. Looking at the all the measurements given for the Centigrade coats and subtracting the five inches I think I may even need an xl. (what a cheerful thought!) I'm more of a Joy than a Julia - with big shoulders and upper arms to go with the big boobs.)

Pop it in the drop or on eBay and get some pennies for it chick. I can't believe how lovely you are to offer it to me. Bless your little cottons! :mysmilie_687: :mysmilie_1690: :mysmilie_708:

Honeybunny that is so so kind of you - but I don't think it will fit me. Looking at the all the measurements given for the Centigrade coats and subtracting the five inches I think I may even need an xl. (what a cheerful thought!) I'm more of a Joy than a Julia - with big shoulders and upper arms to go with the big boobs.)

Pop it in the drop or on eBay and get some pennies for it chick. I can't believe how lovely you are to offer it to me. Bless your little cottons! :mysmilie_687: :mysmilie_1690: :mysmilie_708:

No worries Love A'kin Im a 10 and its miles too big for me . If you change your mind let me know it will stil be hanging up LOL:mysmilie_61:

What a shame Brenny, I bought it in black, and I LOVE it. Love A'kin, they're fairly generously sized, I bought the xs and can wear it over a jumper, and I'm a size 10 with wide shoulders and boobs, so I would say the xs is a 10/12, so size up from that. I'm 5' 5" and with heels, it's absolutely full length.

Everytime I've worn it people have asked me where I got it, and if it was really expensive. I told them yeah, ever so, 69 quid from QVC :mysmilie_697:

What a shame Brenny, I bought it in black, and I LOVE it. Love A'kin, they're fairly generously sized, I bought the xs and can wear it over a jumper, and I'm a size 10 with wide shoulders and boobs, so I would say the xs is a 10/12, so size up from that. I'm 5' 5" and with heels, it's absolutely full length.

Everytime I've worn it people have asked me where I got it, and if it was really expensive. I told them yeah, ever so, 69 quid from QVC :mysmilie_697:

I agree with you BB it is really generous, I think a med is a 14/16 minimum . It is a lovely coat , Glad you like yours I think an xs would have been ample

I've got this coat in Large, (size 16), chocolate, and I have only worn it a few times. I'm 5'5 and it's ankle length on me.
Don't know why I bought it. I go most places in my car and it is completely unsuitable for driving in. So, like brenny, I'd be happy to give you mine if you pay the postage for it. Let me know before Weds if you would like it, and I can post it before my hols next weekend ;) .

I've got this coat in Large, (size 16), chocolate, and I have only worn it a few times. I'm 5'5 and it's ankle length on me.
Don't know why I bought it. I go most places in my car and it is completely unsuitable for driving in. So, like brenny, I'd be happy to give you mine if you pay the postage for it. Let me know before Weds if you would like it, and I can post it before my hols next weekend ;) .

I am in awe of how lovely you are hon! I've PM-d you.

:mysmilie_687: :mysmilie_708:

Latest posts

Back