I tried to order earrings off Gemstv and told I cant order anymore :(

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julie Finch

Registered Shopper
Birmingham origingally from Telford in Shropshire
Hi All

I am angry. I tried to order Silver Pearl Earrings on Gemstv2 with Lucy. I was told I am no longer allowed to order anymore. Fair enough I cancelled a few because I cant afford them but I always thought I can change my mind anytime.

Gems TV you have lost my custom. I will go somewhere else.

Julie xxxxx

Oh Julie - how horrible for you, probably a bit embarrassing as well. Why don't you have an e-mail rant at them. Customer services did take a downward turn for a while, but my experience lately has been very good. I'd hate to think the only reason for that is because I'm a reasonably regular customer.

It might be worth checking that there hasn't been a misunderstanding. QVC and Ideal World have been rather rude about returns lately, I do hope Gems aren't taking a similar route. I would've thought that customers having to cancel, would be a lot less hassle than bouncing cards and returns.

Did they tell you this on the phone, or by e-mail?

Argey xx

Julie, I am angry on your behalf. I know how much you have bought from Gems TV and what kind words you have said publically about their service and the quality of the goods.

What a disgusting approach to customer service :mad:

If I bought from them anymore I certainly wouldn't after this.

If it helps at all as far as I can tell the glory days of customer service at GTV - for which they repeatedly won awards - seemed to stop very shortly after the departure of the lovely Steve Ashton. I doubt you are alone in this shoddy treatment.

Chin up, take your dough to TJC or Rocks and treat yourself to some bling to spite them :p x

Oh Julie - how horrible for you, probably a bit embarrassing as well. Why don't you have an e-mail rant at them. Customer services did take a downward turn for a while, but my experience lately has been very good. I'd hate to think the only reason for that is because I'm a reasonably regular customer.

It might be worth checking that there hasn't been a misunderstanding. QVC and Ideal World have been rather rude about returns lately, I do hope Gems aren't taking a similar route. I would've thought that customers having to cancel, would be a lot less hassle than bouncing cards and returns.

Did they tell you this on the phone, or by e-mail?

Argey xx

On the phone argey xx

Julie, I think that's awful, you must feel so upset. I have to say that I don't think it's a great loss to you but that's not the point is it? I always felt that I would be prevented from ordering as I returned a lot but they seemed a lot more chilled in those days. Perhaps you should take a look at the offerings of Beads by Belles, you can have pieces made to order but I'm not sure what their CS will be like though... :lol: :creeps:

Hi Julie,

I too am disgusted and aggrieved for you. If they were unhappy about your high rate of cancellations and / or returns, they should have written to you. I think it would have been more appropriate if they had investigated your reasons for cancellations and returns. A company should be interested as it is often a pointer to how their goods are perceived by customers - price, value for money, quality control etc...

I would not dignify them with my custom anymore either. Please don't shed any tears over this shower. I know it is easy to say and if it were me I would have cried as I can be a tad sensitive, I take things personally. We are all behind you Julie and I want to say thank you for bringing this to our attention, especially as it is an embarrassing situation. It will make many people think twice before shopping with GTV. Go and have a cuppa, we all send our love,

Inge xxxx

I think that's really bad manners to say the least that they gave you that news on the phone, they should have written to you when they made that decision. I really think it's worth a grumble. Scott's always saying if you have a problem to e-mail him and he'll see it reaches the right hands. Go on, have a go, at least you'll get it off your chest. xxx

They just said Miss Finch hold the line and they said you are not allowed to order anything from gems tv

If only dear Dirky was still there! I really think this may be worth taking up Julie, could be some horrible mistake by an inexperienced/insensitive member of staff. xxx

Absolutely disgraceful!!!:angry:

I am so angry for you Julie,they do not deserve your custom imho.There are plenty of places to purchase jewellery from,from companies who value there customers.

I know that the GTV bods don't post on here(but I bet they read!).......well listen up GTV,shenanigans like this will lose you even more customers than you have already lost over the past year or so,and to be frank you deserve to!

Maybe you should rebrand............Titanic TV!!!!!

Oh Julie that's awful. How embarrassing.

At the very least, if they were unhappy with your ordering/returns etc., they should have had the decency to discuss it with you BEFORE imposing a total "you can't buy" ban.

They've lost so many customers in the past couple of years that I wonder why they feel they can afford to alienate people? I understand that, as a Company, they can choose who they sell to BUT common decency and manners should prevail.

Take your money elsewhere hun.

Thats disgusting Julie, what a bunch this lot are. They don't deserve your custom hun, they should set clear basket boundaries and also inform you in writing if they think you cancel too much.

Take your money elsewhere and forget about this set of imbiciles.

I will say it was not a inexperinced person on the phone. They GMTV will have flagged Julie's account saying no more orders. What they should have done was write or email Julie and say we are aware you have returned or cancelled a number of items. We are sorry if our products are not up to standard, and ask for feedback. Waiting for her to phone in an order was just down right rude and cowardly too.

Julie, I too am disgusted by the way in which you have been treated. Did you ask why and did they say because you returned/cancelled too often? If that's their reason for turning away your custom then if I was you I'd be right on to Trading Standards. The grounds being that they constantly say "if you get it home and don't like it just send it back for a no quibble money back guarantee". Well saying that then saying you can't order any more purely because you are utilising your guarantee, the one they publicise strongly, then surely you have a complaint under Trades Description as they are saying one thing and doing another? Where's the "no quibble"?

I haven't bought from Gems for around a year now and certainly won't be buying from them again. Good luck and don't let them off with it!

Julie, I too am disgusted by the way in which you have been treated. Did you ask why and did they say because you returned/cancelled too often? If that's their reason for turning away your custom then if I was you I'd be right on to Trading Standards. The grounds being that they constantly say "if you get it home and don't like it just send it back for a no quibble money back guarantee". Well saying that then saying you can't order any more purely because you are utilising your guarantee, the one they publicise strongly, then surely you have a complaint under Trades Description as they are saying one thing and doing another? Where's the "no quibble"?

I haven't bought from Gems for around a year now and certainly won't be buying from them again. Good luck and don't let them off with it!

Klosblue its because i cancelled some of them.

Oh I'm so sorry Julie you have been treated in this awful manner by Gemstv, and I am sure you have been such a good customer of there's over the years and it just shows if they can treat a customer like you like that, that they are willing to treat anyone like that, I think I would make a complaint Julie as that is no way for you to be treated it doesn't matter in my opinion that you have cancelled a few orders you are the customer and can make your own mind up, hope you get an apology soon x

Truly disgraceful!! :TANTRUM: If I was you hon I'd have told them to shove their earrings up their ar$e. :mad: I'm sure no-one has returned more stuff than me and if I get that reaction (should I ever place an order on the phone) that is exactly what someone will get down their lughole. :mad: GemsTV should be ****** ashamed of themselves and I hope the many 1000s of people who visit this site daily will now think twice about ordering from a company that treats its customers like dirt. :mad: :pPC:

Latest posts

Back