"I only actually see the product when I come on air"....... Kelly's TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
She finally admitted what we already knew. Thanks Kell!

This velvet/satin throw has been done in various guises before. I have one. It's "ok" but the velvet feels synthetic so beware.

I wish Craig Would stop calling her Kelly 'Oppen. Its very common. He just referred to YBF Stacey as "Stacey Shifflon" too. Ha ha the dickhead. :giggle:

My godson recently got a job as part of her design team and, again as we all suspected, he tells me that she only troubles herself with celebrity clients. He thinks she's very talented but she surrounds herself with designers who are happy to mimic her style for the "bread and butter" end of the market.

I suppose it's always been that way.....

The shiny side of the throw looks a bit cheap - but then for the price you can hardly expect quality fabrics. See Kelly's hair just keeps on getting bigger and bigger.

My godson recently got a job as part of her design team and, again as we all suspected, he tells me that she only troubles herself with celebrity clients. He thinks she's very talented but she surrounds herself with designers who are happy to mimic her style for the "bread and butter" end of the market.

how true, even Michaelangelo and Sir Christoper Wren had their "pupils". Just to make it clear, I'm not putting La Hoppen in the same category as those 2 geniuses. (oops nearly wrote genii )

Not surprised. Can't imagine with that haughty attitude she would lower herself to work with the ordinary public. I know we all gripe abput Simon Wilson but at least he does interact with people. He is frequently seen chatting in his shop in Bond Street.

Not surprised. Can't imagine with that haughty attitude she would lower herself to work with the ordinary public. I know we all gripe abput Simon Wilson but at least he does interact with people. He is frequently seen chatting in his shop in Bond Street.

True but then he also mainly only brings his 'made especially for the grateful-for-anything-&-who-actually-think-they're-getting-designer-pieces plebs shopping at QVC' tat to air & like Kelly, has probably never clapped eyes on it before it appears before him then either!
:tongue:

I heard her say that and thought it was really shocking. She's selling stuff at vastly inflated prices that she's never set eyes on! I think it's ok (how offensive can taupe be?), but not at those prices and if I'd bought anything with the expectation that it had been designed by her own fair hand, I'd wrap up and send it back under the trades description act.

Just watching with sound off & the Christmas Surprise bed spread. Real surprise alright:sad: Stitching is awful on close up, all puckered & uneven The cameras very swiflty moved off!

I have a bedspread that I got in Matalan for half that price & beautifully made. Her stuff is hugely over inflated both in price & hype because she is desiginer to the stars & matches her MASSIVELY inflated ego:mysmilie_505:

Last edited:
She finally admitted what we already knew. Thanks Kell!

This velvet/satin throw has been done in various guises before. I have one. It's "ok" but the velvet feels synthetic so beware.

I wish Craig Would stop calling her Kelly 'Oppen. Its very common. He just referred to YBF Stacey as "Stacey Shifflon" too. Ha ha the dickhead. :giggle:

I actually quite like Kelly Hoppen's taste - have always fancied buying something, maybe a throw and was actually considering it this morning whilst watching the repeat as I liked the look of the taupe one. But when I heard her say that it she was excited about seeing it because she hadnt seen it before and that when she did see it she would definately buy it herself, I felt really let down somehow. It spoilt it for me because I genuinely believed it was something she had designed. Gone right off buying it now. Never really thought of myself as a "brand" person particularly but just knowing she hasnt really had any input, puts me off somehow - how fickle am I.

And Yes BB, I agree, he was so anyoying saying "Oppen":headbang:

I don't like the woman myself, I think she comes across as very stuck up! I wonder what her attitude is with her 'celebrity' clients? Bet it's not like having to deal with us peasants lol!:thinking:

Well I think business must be booming - in a change from the usual Rolex, Kelly appeared to be sporting the new Cartier Tank Anglaise lastnight.

I dont like the woman she seems to me to have an inflated ego and her products are nothing special as far asI can see. There is nothing wrong with neutral colours but sometimes a bit of colour adds something to a room. I think her hair looks ridiculous she looks like Micheal De C. (can't spell his surname).

I also think her personality seems somewhat odd but vise wersa plain accents in a room decorated with strong colours can also look fab: I have the cream one on grey bedding with white furniture in a = as my DH calls it - battleship grey painted room . MIL hates it, I love it lol

Taupe be or not taupe be! Never thought of matching my attire to the pillow slips before I saw KH standing almost camouflaged :cheeky:

I've bought a couple of her pieces and thought they were good value for money. I agree with BB that some of the shiny fabric looks a bit cheap so I steer clear of anything with that now. Couldn't agree more about Craig calling her Kelly 'oppen....she's spoken her mind when she's been on with him before (something he suggested about putting accessories together and she pulled a face and said that that doesn't work at all) so I don't know why she lets him get away with 'commoning' her name!

Mu doggie loves sleeping on my Kelly H throw too :) Just as well really given that it's too small for a larger bed, such a shame she doesn't do larger sizes of them. OMG can't believe she admitted that ooops! Hilarious!

Latest posts

Back