HP TSV Thursday, Any idea's

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Saw a couple of not too glowing reviews on the net, the reviewers seemed to suggest that people who liked butterflies would buy it regardless of what capabilities it has, LOL.

On FaceBook the QVC person does mention Easy Pays but not how many.

I just bought a Medion E1222 from Aldi for £249 managed to wangle a £10 discount from store manager. :grin:

It was really well speced wit 8 hous battery life, Win 7 250GB hard drive etc.

I reckon the HP netbook will be well overpriced as it is on easy pay and i'm pretty sure it is the model HP have been selling for the last 12 months. Infact Tesco have it for £259 at the moment - the basic model not the designer one!

HP support is also Dire, i would not recommend.
Just had a faulty HP monitor and it took 10 e.mails, 5 phonecalles, 3 faxes and stress like you wouldn't believe to get them to replace it under warranty.:devil:

I just bought a Medion E1222 from Aldi for £249 managed to wangle a £10 discount from store manager. :grin:

It was really well speced wit 8 hous battery life, Win 7 250GB hard drive etc.

I reckon the HP netbook will be well overpriced as it is on easy pay and i'm pretty sure it is the model HP have been selling for the last 12 months. Infact Tesco have it for £259 at the moment - the basic model not the designer one!

HP support is also Dire, i would not recommend.
Just had a faulty HP monitor and it took 10 e.mails, 5 phonecalles, 3 faxes and stress like you wouldn't believe to get them to replace it under warranty.:devil:

Yet I just had a problem with an HP printer I purchased from a high street shop, one email to HP and it was responded to next day and the replacement was here 3 days later.

I'm not sure I'll be buying the overpriced netbook though..!!

Butterflies are very special to me for personal reasons and I love this but I'm not going to buy - overpriced for a designer name as usual!

Can you still get those decal sheets which you peel on and off the laptop lid to create your own jazzy designer look?
They were really popular a couple of years ago.
I think I'd be tempted to buy a cheaper netbook and some butterfly stickers.

And I agree with Simon about HP - I have two [two!!] HP printers and they've come perilously close to ending up in the garden - via an upstairs window.
Printing anything in our house is always accompanied by the sound of gnashing teeth. And low growling.

OK, I am not a techie person and much of the description details baffle me. But in possible defense of the TSV (not that I am buying one) this netbook on HP's site would come to £770. Most netbooks I have seen on other sites are lower priced, but lower spec. I suppose the question is what do you need? Do you need 2gb of ram, a 1.88ghz processor, 320gb of HDD, Windows 7 premium (32bit), and a matching mouse? If so, then maybe it is a good deal.
I am a bit fed up, though, with the marketing towards the ladies, who they must think will buy it because it's a fashion item, in Sex in the City, got a soppy love story for the butterflies, got a makeup mirror you can put your lippie on while talking with the bluetooth, and wait for it...you might win the matching designer scarf! But then, that's jut my grumpy old woman opinion.

I am a bit fed up, though, with the marketing towards the ladies, who they must think will buy it because it's a fashion item, in Sex in the City, got a soppy love story for the butterflies, got a makeup mirror you can put your lippie on while talking with the bluetooth, and wait for it...you might win the matching designer scarf! But then, that's jut my grumpy old woman opinion.

No, not ladies - it's girls according to Dale.

Where was Glen Campbell - he often comments on fashion items, I'm sure this pc could be dressed up or down and it's certainly on trend and fashion-forward.

Where was Alison Young with recommendations for matching lipstick colours (probably Fran Wilson).

I'm surprised that Vivienne Tam (who she ?) did not get together in a coalition with Lulu Guiness to design a coordinating bag in gold patent plastic with butterfly applique and matching purse, mirror and led light.

Linda xx

Originally Posted by concordia

No, not ladies - it's girls according to Dale.

Where was Glen Campbell - he often comments on fashion items, I'm sure this pc could be dressed up or down and it's certainly on trend and fashion-forward.

Where was Alison Young with recommendations for matching lipstick colours (probably Fran Wilson).

I'm surprised that Vivienne Tam (who she ?) did not get together in a coalition with Lulu Guiness to design a coordinating bag in gold patent plastic with butterfly applique and matching purse, mirror and led light.

Linda xx

...and surely Jennifer could have sprinkled a little Kirks Folly fairy dust over it, just to bring us luck and ensure we'll always get a connection......:mysmilie_459:

and wait for it...you might win the matching designer scarf!

Had to laugh when Dale was talking about this. He was showing us the scarf and pointing out the designer label. What is this luxurious scarf made of? Yep, 100% cotton, not silk as I'd imagined. He quickly tucks the label out of view!!

Have a look at the video - 5 mins in.

Hope you all rushed to get yours, girls!!

Advice please.............

I saw part of the presentation this morning and have looked at the specs on QVC website and as usual its more about what they don't tell you than what they do! Though its a nice looking bit of kit for someone's who's fed up with looking at a black keyboard and a very slow puter.

Under the Added Value section it refers to a CDRom , but of course there seems to be no CD Rom drive. As one who has never used a net book, how do you get round this missing piece of hardware and what's the likely extra cost? My multi-user anti virus is on CD as well some other essential bits of software so this is of concern to me. MTIA.

Latest posts

Back