How much?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bummer....i thought this was about laura geller.......not the guiness lady........nope not for me. sorry fans of hers .....someone on here ages ago said that their friend /relative worked for her at one time....taking the "made in Tainwan" labels off of the bags as they came in........sounds about right to me BUT then again some must like them as ive never seen any in the outlet........would be a boring old world if we all liked the same stuff

Snap - thought this was something to do with Laura Geller too and didn't want to miss out lol.

Helluva price for a plastic brooch, but then her plastic bags are a helluva price too.

I think she's doing all leather now. I suppose you pay for the name. All designer (proper designer I mean, not most of the ones on QVC) bags are expensive. I was in Harvey Nichols in Manchester yesterday and the Jimmy Choo etc bags don't even have a price on. Their philosophy is, that if you have to ask you can't afford it. I can't!!!

I think she's doing all leather now. I suppose you pay for the name. All designer (proper designer I mean, not most of the ones on QVC) bags are expensive. I was in Harvey Nichols in Manchester yesterday and the Jimmy Choo etc bags don't even have a price on. Their philosophy is, that if you have to ask you can't afford it. I can't!!!

Champagne taste but lemonade money. Give me lemonade any day!

I agree on this one, that is a silly price for a hideous piece!! And Bensmum is right, Lulu has realised that her QVC audience "has great taste" (her words not mine!) and so is venturing into leather items for the TSV's in the future. Some of her stuff, especially accessories, is a little overpriced, but the majority of her bags are worth every penny. There is nothing quite like owning an exceptionally well made leather bag, especially when it's as quirky and beautiful as Lulu's designs! I don't care, frankly, if it was made in Taiwan, or that it cost £270. It's my money, I will do what I like with it!! lol

My sister in law came down last weekend with a Mulberry bag. She had to tell me it was Mulberry as to be honest, I was under the impression it was TK Maxx. £750. :whew: Now, I do draw a line, somewhere around the £290-£300 mark. Like I have said before, if I am spending £200-£300 on a bag, then it has to slightly say out loud "designer". I don't like in your face stuff, with the brand all over, or blatantly 'screaming', but a little discreet nod, or enough for someone to look twice at it (which they do, my slightly raised quilted lips get lots of stares, lol), but I didn't even take a second glance at hers. :giggle:

Last edited:
Nowt wrong with TK Maxx. I just picked up a £275 Lamarthe designer bag from Paris for £56! Beautifully soft, exceptionally well made and a gorgeous cognac colour. As said, it doesn't scream designer, as I don't like that either, but those in the know will know, if you see what I mean. Apparently as worn by Victoria Beckham! Not that I knew at the time but I looked on the net. I would have trampled people to get to it when I saw it :D I've been after a really nice, classy bag for almost a year and this is the first really good one I've seen. I couldn't believe my luck.

Wow Moth, that sounds fab!! I love TK Maxx for handbags, that's why I thought my S.I.L's came from there, as you could tell it was a nice one, but not £750 nice!! I plan to have a good look there in the sales.....although I shouldn't really!!

Nowt wrong with TK Maxx. I just picked up a £275 Lamarthe designer bag from Paris for £56! Beautifully soft, exceptionally well made and a gorgeous cognac colour. As said, it doesn't scream designer, as I don't like that either, but those in the know will know, if you see what I mean. Apparently as worn by Victoria Beckham! Not that I knew at the time but I looked on the net. I would have trampled people to get to it when I saw it :D I've been after a really nice, classy bag for almost a year and this is the first really good one I've seen. I couldn't believe my luck.

I'd never heard of this designer before but had a look online, very very nice bags Moth, I'm not surprised your where in trample mode! I will need to keep a look out at my TK Maxx's from now on! Love the understated elegance! :mysmilie_504:

Latest posts

Back