How much Shape wear does a Nation need?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
How many shape wear shows are on Q these days?I have my own wardrobe of pants ( M&S) but these before & after pics irrespective of brands leave me cold.This is obviously a lucrative market--- we put on an undergarment & can go down a dress size SUCCESS & ditch the diet! which do you think are best?

The camis and pants from Costco are pretty good. To be fair ,the Primark ones aren't bad either. But then I've never tried the Trinny and Suzannah and Spanx price range of this stuff.

I did all this pull it in and push it up regime with roll-ons and girdles 40 odd years ago, and nothings changed since. The fat has to go somewhere - usually under the armpits. I found the 'comfortable' ones never did any good - just acted like a thicker vest, and the ones that did were so restrictive you couldn't breathe and cut off the blood supply to your legs !!!!! This stuff on the tele is ok for those with minor lumps and bumps that can be smoothed out, but for anyone over a size 16 with 'issues' forget it.

In a previous life I went to a lot of formal dinners where cocktail or evening gowns were required. Some of those dresses were very unforgiving and I did use Debenhams and M&S shape wear.

It was always really hot (you are encased in nylon), restrictive and I was always hitching bits of it up after sitting to prevent tell tale lumps appearing - all in all, just awful!

They are ok when you first put them on and look good but normal moving around can shift bits and make them overhang which is a worse effect than not wearing them in the first place - apologies for that mental image!

They clearly think we are all in need of shape wear :mysmilie_512: cheeky gits!!!!

Latest posts

Back