how much can a size be out to get p&p refund?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
I have just received a Tania B dress which is supposed to be 40 bust but measures only 36
I know they say sizes are approximate but surely 4 inches is too much.
I don't want a bigger size as the garment is rubbish.
I purchased a dress from m&s at weekend for less and it is heavy and lined
First fall for about 3 months just to get crap. Will I never learn?

I got a P&P refund on a pair of shoes simply because the fit was rubbish. I've bought the same make before so there shouldn't have been an issue. They sent me a returns label and refunded the full payment and the P&P. largely I think because I asked. I was very nice, explained the problem, why I believed the shoes would have fitted and they said they would. Worth asking.

Four inches is pretty much two dress sizes so I think you've got a perfectly good reason to ask.

I have just received a Tania B dress which is supposed to be 40 bust but measures only 36
I know they say sizes are approximate but surely 4 inches is too much.
I don't want a bigger size as the garment is rubbish.
I purchased a dress from m&s at weekend for less and it is heavy and lined
First fall for about 3 months just to get crap. Will I never learn?
Probably stretches to 40 with the famous ping back. You could just return it under DSR and get your original post and package back. :thinking:

A difference of 4 inches is way beyond 'approximate size', that's at least 2 dress sizes difference FGS - 'phone them & ask for a pre-paid returns label!
(I returned a coat which was a smaller size difference than that & they never made a murmur about paying for it to be returned!)
Don't forget to check they really have refunded your original p&p when they do the refund though, as they frequently initially 'forget' to do this!

Flip i never thought about measuring things in the past, just put it down to me being
bigger than their sizing, which is crap. Should be the same in all the ranges, it would
make it easier for people to order things. Not that i would anyway

I know we all complain about wanting free p & p (and i do too!!) but what about starting with free returns. i have been ordering loads online from high street stores and they almost all offer free returns!!

I would ask for a pre paid label - cant see how you can make a judgement when they dont give out accurate information. GOOD LUCK!

I got a P&P refund on a pair of shoes simply because the fit was rubbish. I've bought the same make before so there shouldn't have been an issue. They sent me a returns label and refunded the full payment and the P&P. largely I think because I asked. I was very nice, explained the problem, why I believed the shoes would have fitted and they said they would. Worth asking.

Four inches is pretty much two dress sizes so I think you've got a perfectly good reason to ask.

I got a pre paid label sent on request one time for a pair of shoes that were way out, refunded all p&p, no problem at all.

The sizes shouldn't be out at all. To me, approx 40 should be 38.5 min not 36. Generally I find Tianna B comes up very big.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Q sort your Sizes out!!!!

Last edited:
KittyWi'DaClaws is right about checking for a FULL refund. One-of-three, I need to chase, I'd say. I received a ring, Southwestern (favourite) and no way was it an N, probably a P. They sent me a prepaid label and full £. GoForIt LATI :heart: DaSnarly

Tiana B are odd sizes. I always order a 12 in everything and it usually fits but the Tiana B size 12 hung on me like a sack.

I had a steam mop that was a pile of claptrap and QVC sent a courier to pick it up when I complained - they suggested it in fact, I didn't even have to ask.

CC

I think cothes and footwear is where Q need to be far more flexible with their p and p charges and returns. They know how makes and sizes vary and they also know out of everything they sell that a woman is going to be far more subjective about something she`s going to wear. I often have to order 2 different sizes in clothes and shoes, not from Q though. The cost of the p and p and the faffing around with returns would put me right off. I`m sure more people would buy clothes and footwear from them if they knew they wouldn`t have to fork out so much money for p and p and have to ring or email Q in order to get a free return. Sometimes Q needs to speculate to accumulate and clothing is one of those areas.

I agree Vienna. If I look back through my returns then its nearly always clothing. In fact I'm not buying from any ranges I haven't previously tried and pretty much worked out the sizing. Otherwise it can cost between £6 and £10 to try something on. And ordering two sizes to see which one fits is just impossible.

And that's before you get into the colour and the fabric being completely different to what you expected!

I agree Vienna. If I look back through my returns then its nearly always clothing. In fact I'm not buying from any ranges I haven't previously tried and pretty much worked out the sizing. Otherwise it can cost between £6 and £10 to try something on. And ordering two sizes to see which one fits is just impossible.

And that's before you get into the colour and the fabric being completely different to what you expected!

Yes, thats why I stick to Kim & Co from QVC as I know I will always be ok ordering my usual size with her. Her sizing seems consisrent and true to given measurements.

Bring back the tape measure I say, I'd rather the presenter took time to measure a garment in place of their wittering about their personal lives, or telling us we can wear it for a certain occasion, or rolling out "dress-it-up" cliches. They may think measuring would be tedious to watch but trust me it's no worse than the alternative waffle.

Jude xx

I find Julia Roberts the best for describing the fitment of a garment, shoes or jewellery. I wish some of the other presenter would take more time over this - it should be of the highest priority.

I find Julia Roberts the best for describing the fitment of a garment, shoes or jewellery. I wish some of the other presenter would take more time over this - it should be of the highest priority.

Julia squeezing into the small isn't helpful to me. I'm a small so have no idea how it will fit if i can't see someone my size wearing it.

I don't intend this as a dig about Julia but i wish we had everyone in the correct sizes.

IMO Julia does more than just say, I'm in the small! She points out whether something is, say, only suitable for a smaller wrist or if you should go up a size etc. I was listening to her last week and thought she was really descriptive about the products she was selling.

Yes she does always point out when something is suitable for her tiny, dainty little wrists :dull:

She does generally reflexgirl but when it comes to clothes i think she lets us down as i don't find her accurate. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back