How awful does the lunchtime show have to get before they push the idea off a cliff?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Off work and that terrible show is on with the awful Ultrasun Abbey, awful Sara G, the fit overs woman and other annoying people. The only person missing to make the awful trio is Techy Abbey.

Well Abbey could beat SG in the Olympic "talking over everyone event" and this was about bleeding pies!!

Just hate it.

Hardly ever watch Q now and up until 2 years ago I was buying something (often more) every week.

Just who is it that likes SG and is keeping her in a job.

Off work and that terrible show is on with the awful Ultrasun Abbey, awful Sara G, the fit overs woman and other annoying people. The only person missing to make the awful trio is Techy Abbey.

Well Abbey could beat SG in the Olympic "talking over everyone event" and this was about bleeding pies!!

Just hate it.

Hardly ever watch Q now and up until 2 years ago I was buying something (often more) every week.

It's ok, nobody like the oh so superior SG she is a know it all, ignores guests and just wants to chat on her ipad

Isn't it embarrassing? There's giving a new show time to 'bed in', and there's being too arrogant to admit you've made a pig's ar$e of it, and they should have the courage to pull the plug right now. It's been given long enough and needs euthanasia pronto. Does anyone seriously sit down over their lunch and watch it? I can't stand it for more than 2 minutes and most of that time is spent laughing (not good for the digestion).

Just hate it.

I love all the descriptions above, AND the title thread lol !

Its a waste of time, but just a vehicle for all the rent-a-gobs (its only missing gobby Genevieve from IW! - CAN you imagine?), and the obligatory 'empty' coffee mugs that's the go-to accessory for all chat shows, debates, interviews and promos.

I avoid it like the plague and like a lot on here, have drastically reduced buying from Q over the last few years. Did'nt Charlie Brooks say he only appeared once and once only on the show ?

Good old Charlie, I knew he wasn't a bad spud!

Wasn't Genevieve (IW) a "stylist" on Q who fronted some brands, particularly Casual &Co, a la Glen Campbell. Agree she was another gobby bint.

I haven't ever been Charlie's greatest fan, but fair play, I give him all credit for this. It's an insult to people's intelligence, and it looks like he wanted to dis-associate himself from it, for which I don't blame him.
I love all the descriptions above, AND the title thread lol !

Its a waste of time, but just a vehicle for all the rent-a-gobs (its only missing gobby Genevieve from IW! - CAN you imagine?), and the obligatory 'empty' coffee mugs that's the go-to accessory for all chat shows, debates, interviews and promos.

I avoid it like the plague and like a lot on here, have drastically reduced buying from Q over the last few years. Did'nt Charlie Brooks say he only appeared once and once only on the show ?

The Lunchtime Show is yet another excruciating exercise in self indulgence on QVC's part and proves their delusion that they are anything other than an often vulgar Selly Telly channel.

The presenters are beyond self congratulatory and seem permanently pleased with themselves, so dreadful.

No wonder the prices are so high, self indulgence is rarely cheap. The Lunchtime Show is second only in awfulness to the truly dire Saturday Night Show with the appalling Will Gowing that the QVC goons all gorged on during the lead up to Christmas. :mysmilie_59:

With all these rave reviews I'm gonna have to tune in! I can hardly imagine a more yawn-inducing combo than shouty Sara G and dreary Ultrasun Abby with her pudding-bowl hairdo. Imagine having Debbie Flint, Alison Young and Ann Dawson all on at the same time.
What do they chat about? I'm intrigued to know! Am going to try and find it on catch-up.

With all these rave reviews I'm gonna have to tune in! I can hardly imagine a more yawn-inducing combo than shouty Sara G and dreary Ultrasun Abby with her pudding-bowl hairdo. Imagine having Debbie Flint, Alison Young and Ann Dawson all on at the same time.
What do they chat about? I'm intrigued to know! Am going to try and find it on catch-up.

They pretend it's a 'proper' TV Programme, like a topical discussion show. They even have the obligatory mugs to drink from.

They have 'experts' pretending that they're interested in the other 'experts' products when it's clear they resent having to breathe the same air as them let alone having any time given to others shilling their own tatt.

It really is truly atrocious, an abhorration. My dream line up would be Dame Joan Collins, Kelly 'Zombie' Hoppen and Dick Jackson with the ghastly Dale Franklin for Zombie Hoppen to sneer and snap at and the lamentable Sara Griffiths for Dame Joan to swat down and patronise.

The Gnome would be furious at the affront of these no marks stealing his rightful airtime :mysmilie_59:

They pretend it's a 'proper' TV Programme, like a topical discussion show. They even have the obligatory mugs to drink from.

They have 'experts' pretending that they're interested in the other 'experts' products when it's clear they resent having to breathe the same air as them let alone having any time given to others shilling their own tatt.

It really is truly atrocious, an abhorration. My dream line up would be Dame Joan Collins, Kelly 'Zombie' Hoppen and Dick Jackson with the ghastly Dale Franklin for Zombie Hoppen to sneer and snap at and the lamentable Sara Griffiths for Dame Joan to swat down and patronise.

The Gnome would be furious at the affront of these no marks stealing his obligatory airtime :mysmilie_59:

Hahaha! It sounds brilliant! I went into Asda earlier to buy a refill for my Glade Plug-In and they had a whole load of (rather large) gnomes on special offer. I thought the whole point of gnomes was that they are meant to be small?

OMG!!! Have just started watching the show now. There's Ultrasun Abby wearing a coral dress and clashing bright yellow high heels, then there's a woman with a chavvy "Samantha Fox" Essex accent touting...wait for it... a stick with a pad on it for applying sun lotion on your back! WOW! How innovative! Let's watch on and see if it can get any worse...

What d'you call a row of smug people all vying for attention?..............QVCs Lunchtime Show. :mysmilie_15:

Oh wait, I was watching the Morning Show. Abby made some smutty remark to Miceal, asking him if he "squirted it on the floor and rolled around in it." (I think she was referring to sun cream). Ew! cringy or what! If I watched that in the morning I'd regurgitate my porridge. Let's fast-forward to the Lunchtime Show...and see how it is.

Oh wait, I was watching the Morning Show. Abby made some smutty remark to Miceal, asking him if he "squirted it on the floor and rolled around in it." (I think she was referring to sun cream). Ew! cringy or what! If I watched that in the morning I'd regurgitate my porridge. Let's fast-forward to the Lunchtime Show...and see how it is.

I bet Fibby Flint was getting all excited at the thought, she'll put that in her next slutty novel if she's got a spare ten minutes to knock another one out that is.

The Lunchtime Show is yet another excruciating exercise in self indulgence on QVC's part and proves their delusion that they are anything other than an often vulgar Selly Telly channel.

The presenters are beyond self congratulatory and seem permanently pleased with themselves, so dreadful.

No wonder the prices are so high, self indulgence is rarely cheap. The Lunchtime Show is second only in awfulness to the truly dire Saturday Night Show with the appalling Will Gowing that the QVC goons all gorged on during the lead up to Christmas. :mysmilie_59:

Are we twins separated at birth?:mysmilie_17:

Are we twins separated at birth?:mysmilie_17:

I loathe QVC.

Ideal World is utter garbage but one of its few redeeming qualities is that I suspect it knows it is. QVC seems to think it's a cut above, pure quality, akin to a Television classic, think I, Claudius.

QVC is a parody of itself. It's trash, overpriced, overblown and well over it's heyday trash :mysmilie_59:

I loathe QVC.

Ideal World is utter garbage but one of its few redeeming qualities is that I suspect it knows it is. QVC seems to think it's a cut above, pure quality, akin to a Television classic, think I, Claudius.

QVC is a parody of itself. It's trash, overpriced, overblown and well over it's heyday trash :mysmilie_59:

Don't hold back there - tell it how it is!

Believe it or not the other day there was actually someone on Q FB who had written a poem about Q.

The last I heard the white van was at the front door.

I bet Fibby Flint was getting all excited at the thought, she'll put that in her next slutty novel if she's got a spare ten minutes to knock another one out that is.

Your probably right. I can just see it now...

SUMMER OF LOVE

There was a crunching sound as the large pale turquoise cool box was planted in the grass. The two beach towels were spread out and Malcolm whipped off his T-shirt to reveal a reasonably toned body. There he lay on his front, his hands nuzzled under his chin as the July sun streamed through the leaves that swayed gently in the breeze. The dappled shade was delightful. Gail wore a black and white dress and some bright yellow clogs.
"Ooh I've forgotten by Back Buddy," said Malcolm, clutching his bottle of sun cream. Would you apply this for me?
"Of course," replied Gail, trying to sound nonchalant, when in fact her pulse was racing, as was her mind. She flipped open the lid, squirted, smeared and slathered the cream in between his shoulder blades, taking time to work it in.
"I didn't think I'd get a deep tissue massage," said Malcolm, drifting off into a state of relaxation.
"Let me know if there are any other parts of me you'd like me to massage," she said, suggestively running the backs of her fingernails lightly down his spine. He turned round, and they looked at each other in the eyes, the gaze lingering for a second...
"Right let's get the vol-au-vents out," said Malcolm. Gail looked at the floor and then up at the sky as Malcolm opened the pack of paper plates.

Your probably right. I can just see it now...

SUMMER OF LOVE

There was a crunching sound as the large pale turquoise cool box was planted in the grass. The two beach towels were spread out and Malcolm whipped off his T-shirt to reveal a reasonably toned body. There he lay on his front, his hands nuzzled under his chin as the July sun streamed through the leaves that swayed gently in the breeze. The dappled shade was delightful. Gail wore a black and white dress and some bright yellow clogs.
"Ooh I've forgotten by Back Buddy," said Malcolm, clutching his bottle of sun cream. Would you apply this for me?
"Of course," replied Gail, trying to sound nonchalant, when in fact her pulse was racing, as was her mind. She flipped open the lid, squirted, smeared and slathered the cream in between his shoulder blades, taking time to work it in.
"I didn't think I'd get a deep tissue massage," said Malcolm, drifting off into a state of relaxation.
"Let me know if there are any other parts of me you'd like me to massage," she said, suggestively running the backs of her fingernails lightly down his spine. He turned round, and they looked at each other in the eyes, the gaze lingering for a second...
"Right let's get the vol-au-vents out," said Malcolm. Gail looked at the floor and then up at the sky as Malcolm opened the pack of paper plates.

And all above items purchased from QVC. :mysmilie_17:

They remind me of University Challenge for wannabes. Similar to this lot but renamed Smirk, Smarm, Grasp and Gobshite. Their starter for 10 .....
uni.jpg

Latest posts

Back