Hi Tech Toys & Electronics TSV 8/9/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lenovo G505 15.6" Laptop w/ Windows 8.1 4GB RAM, 500GB HD & AMD A6 Quad Core

QVC Price: £266.00

Today's Special Value Price :£229.92

P&P: £9.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Lenovo-G505-15...tml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-9-_-505701

This fantastic laptop features the latest Windows 8.1 operating system, a powerful AMD A6-5200 quad-core processor, a 4GB RAM and a generous 15.6" display, adding up to the ideal balance between performance, efficiency and size. The Lenovo G505 laptop is the perfect everyday device for you and the family, taking all your multitasking in its stride.

First-rate processing - the AMD A6-5200 processor delivers advanced quad core performance to allow you to run many applications all at the same time, meaning you can expect a brisk, unhindered computing experience when you're multi-tasking.

Operating system - Windows 8.1 puts your favourite apps and programs at your finger tips. The new colourful 'Start' screen has tiles which are updated in real time to show you the latest information from your contacts and apps.

Ample storage - the 500GB hard drive allows plenty of space for all your files, documents and media, meaning you won't need to worry about running out of space anytime soon. Plus, you can back-up and copy your data to external storage faster than before thanks to the two USB 3.0 ports (10 x faster than USB 2.0).

Home entertainment at its portable best - wherever you find yourself, you can enjoy your favourite media at its best courtesy of a 15.6” 16:9 widescreen format and 1366 x 768 resolution screen. What's more, unlike many new laptops, the Lenovo G505 features a DVD reader and writer, making it ideal for watching films.

Technical specifications:
Display: full HD LED 15.6" widescreen (1366 x 768)
Processor: AMD A6-5200 Quad Core processor (2.0GHz)
Operating system: Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Memory: 4GB DR3-SD RAM
Hard disc storage: 500GB
Graphics card: Radeon HD 8400 integrated graphics
Audio: integrated stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio
Webcam: integrated 720p HD
Display: full HD LED 15.6" widescreen (1366 x 768)
DVD/CD player
Keyboard: island-style AccuType
Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
Battery: Li-Ion polymer
Battery life: up to 4 hours
Weight: 2.6kg (5.7lb)
Dimensions (l x w x d): 25cm x 37.7cm x 3.4cm (10" x 14.8" x 1.3")

Output/input:
2 x USB 3.0
1 x USB 2.0
1 x audio combo jack (headphone and mic)
1 x HDMI-out
1 x 2-in-1 (SD/MMC) card reader
1 x 10/100M Ethernet

What's in the box?
1 x Lenovo G505 Laptop
1 x AC power adapter
1 x Li-Ion polymer battery
1 x warranty guide
1 x safety and general information guide
1 x set up poster

All measurements are approximate

That's wrong - full HD is 1920 x 1080 - I expect the 1366 x 768 is right though at this price.

Dont blame me its Qvc's fault lol Im sure Lee will give you the correct details on the day ............. Not! :mysmilie_15:

I bought the recent Acer laptop, as a back up for my main machine. Lee Hohbein who, in the main, I trust did not comment on whether it had a numeric keypad or not so, rather stupidly, I ordered it only to discover this after. It did, of course, go back due to this omission of info. Trouble with collection, but that's another matter. The Lenovo, whilst at the same price, looks extremely chunky and, essentially, like a bargain basement laptop. My point is, Lee strove to tell us that Anne Dorrington asked if it had a numeric keypad, to which he told her, in an incredulous manner, "eh. yes!" He reiterated this cherry picked highlight, in an attempt to convince us what an excellent price this laptop is for such a high spec machine. The hard sell is unbelievable : less stock than the acer, is an attempt to get us all to rush to the phone. Debs has just told us "I can't believe the price for the high specs." Mm. Again, he spouts about Lenovo buying out part of IBM. Again Debs tells Lee how much he loves Lenovo. He apparently "loves" all brands QVC sells. Am I being cynical, or is this rather coincidental? I do like Lee, as a person and, as I stated earlier, I respected his opinions; he had no qualms in telling me of his personal preference for Apple products. I am in sales and, just because you prefer one brand, does not mean you cannot appreciate the qualities of another. Now I am not putting much faith in the information, or lack of it, given out on the Q as, perhaps understandably, they tell the viewer what will maximise sales. I am rather hesitant, consequently, to order another laptop from the Q. Plus, the hassle of returning it is immense. I ended up having to contact QVC twice about UK Mail not turning up to collect it and, eventually, it was arranged for Hermes to come, which my guy did, the very next morning. I think when you get it home, it will be the equivalent of the original 'brick' mobile phone.

I caught a bit of the midnight launch and it was DBF's hard sell at its worst.

She kept on about how they had so few that it wouldn't last past a few minutes so buy buy buy.

Now IMO a TSV should have the potential to last the entire day at normal selling rates otherwise it is a just a good price for something which should just be part of a normal show. They do that with the odd piece of gold jewellery, when they must have very low stock levels. Not very fair to people who can only view a bit later in the day if there is no possibility of the TSV being available.

I'll take Lee any day! Gosh that Abi gets on my wick, just want to throw something at the screen when she is on, can't bear to watch and never listen to the twaddle she spouts.

I bought the recent Acer laptop, as a back up for my main machine. Lee Hohbein who, in the main, I trust did not comment on whether it had a numeric keypad or not so, rather stupidly, I ordered it only to discover this after. It did, of course, go back due to this omission of info. Trouble with collection, but that's another matter. The Lenovo, whilst at the same price, looks extremely chunky and, essentially, like a bargain basement laptop. My point is, Lee strove to tell us that Anne Dorrington asked if it had a numeric keypad, to which he told her, in an incredulous manner, "eh. yes!" He reiterated this cherry picked highlight, in an attempt to convince us what an excellent price this laptop is for such a high spec machine. The hard sell is unbelievable : less stock than the acer, is an attempt to get us all to rush to the phone. Debs has just told us "I can't believe the price for the high specs." Mm. Again, he spouts about Lenovo buying out part of IBM. Again Debs tells Lee how much he loves Lenovo. He apparently "loves" all brands QVC sells. Am I being cynical, or is this rather coincidental? I do like Lee, as a person and, as I stated earlier, I respected his opinions; he had no qualms in telling me of his personal preference for Apple products. I am in sales and, just because you prefer one brand, does not mean you cannot appreciate the qualities of another. Now I am not putting much faith in the information, or lack of it, given out on the Q as, perhaps understandably, they tell the viewer what will maximise sales. I am rather hesitant, consequently, to order another laptop from the Q. Plus, the hassle of returning it is immense. I ended up having to contact QVC twice about UK Mail not turning up to collect it and, eventually, it was arranged for Hermes to come, which my guy did, the very next morning. I think when you get it home, it will be the equivalent of the original 'brick' mobile phone.

If you are in sales you must understand then that he has to 'like' whatever it is he sells.

If you are in sales you must understand then that he has to 'like' whatever it is he sells.

Very true , But Lee tends to bad mouth a brand in order to sell the current brand on air , and then serveral weeks later he will appear with the brand hes "slated" and again slate another brand in order to sell that item , he must think we are thick , why the hell so many brands allow him to demonstrate there products is beyond me

Latest posts

Back