Grrr!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I'm sorry, I know this is a topic that has been done to death, resurrected and then done to death again here on the forum, but I am just so utterly utterly fed up paying next day service postage prices while waiting a week for something to show up. I bought a bracelet last Monday that I had hoped to wear for an event this weekend, but it hasn't arrived. Postage was more than the regular first class cost, so why is it not here? And it's no saving or gain for QVC as I'll be sending it straight back under the DSR when, and if, it finally arrives. The moment has passed and the long wait has killed off any enthusiasm I had for the item in the first place. Just what do QVC and Royal Mail do between them to make it so pitifully slow? And yet presenters continually prattle on about how we'll have our item in "three to five days." Not even working days anymore. Why do I still fall for it? I guess there's always a small spark of hope that this time it'll be better.

I have to say that, although charges are high, everything I have bought in the last few weeks has come really quickly and in under three days. One item even came the next day! And I live in Derbyshire, so nowhere near Liverpool!

I ordered a Batcave from Smyths Toys on Sunday and it arrived at work on Tuesday morning. The box is approx. 30 inches by 18 inches by 8 inches and the p & p was £2.99, QVC would charge that to deliver a small item of jewellery.

Jewellery used to be sent via DX if you opted for "express" but tbh they're a ****** nightmare so if QVC are using royal mail they ought to be sending it Special Delivery (next day by 1pm guaranteed) however that doesn't factor in the delay before it's despatched from the warehouse. I once ordered something to be delivered faster to my mum's house so that we'd be there to see her open it during a planned visit, only for it to arrive the week after we'd come home again. I've never bothered since!

I find them good when the item comes via courier, but if normal mail is used then you are lucky to get it in five days. My last mailed item took six days, and yet from other companies using second class post I normally get the item in two, maximum three, days. I don't think they should be able to include days spent waiting for despatch in the warehouse as additional to the 3-5 days either. That should be our maximum time and they should get things out to meet that.

Mine have been slow the last fortnight 5-6 days, and a top I ordered Tuesday,turns out to be a Kipling Bag.

I'm finding things that I ordered over a week ago can take ages, but items ordered within 3 days are delivered almost immediately. Makes no sense.

Royal Mail`s Christmas advert ends with the phrase " we love parcels " lol

I ordered a Lenny cardi on tuesday, it arrived today, Saturday by courier. order a Stefano Oro necklace the same day, still waiting. why don't they realise they are competing with another large company who provide faster cheaper service and free returns.

I'm sorry, I know this is a topic that has been done to death, resurrected and then done to death again here on the forum, but I am just so utterly utterly fed up paying next day service postage prices while waiting a week for something to show up. I bought a bracelet last Monday that I had hoped to wear for an event this weekend, but it hasn't arrived. Postage was more than the regular first class cost, so why is it not here? And it's no saving or gain for QVC as I'll be sending it straight back under the DSR when, and if, it finally arrives. The moment has passed and the long wait has killed off any enthusiasm I had for the item in the first place. Just what do QVC and Royal Mail do between them to make it so pitifully slow? And yet presenters continually prattle on about how we'll have our item in "three to five days." Not even working days anymore. Why do I still fall for it? I guess there's always a small spark of hope that this time it'll be better.

If it is coming by post then the delay is that QVC use TNT so it goes to TNT first then they eventually put it in the hands of Royal Mail!

They should stop offering the faster service unless they take steps to expedite the despatch direct to royal mail at their end, anything longer than next working day delivery and you should get the excess postage refunded.

without a doubt qvc postage is too expensive but then most of what they sell is overpriced

Really Q need to have a serious look at their whole shipping process, I mail-order online regularly and every other company can manage a next day delivery and often will offer a free delivery in 3-5 days which actually takes 3-5 days.

There's a certain amount of arrogance in the p&p charges and delivery times, almost like "Tough. We're the number one shopping channel so you'll just have to put up with what we decide to charge and when we decide to deliver".

I ordered a ring once and it took a month to come, another time they sent out the wrong item.

It's the inconsistency in postage prices that annoys me as well.

Take yesterday for example, the Elemis TSV was £5.95 postage. (A rip-off if you ask me to be honest), but I appreciate that the parcel would be quite heavy.
Then Q were flogging the special 100ml pot of PCMC, but for that they wanted £6.95 postage. One pot of moisturiser. How ****** heavy was that gonna be in reality?

Honestly, where is the sense in that?

Latest posts

Back