Giftmate Gift Bags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Does anyone actually have gifts the right size for these bags ???? Good idea though they are, I bought a set of these years ago, - the largest weren't big enough and there were far too many of the smaller sizes that are still unused because whatever I buy they wont fit, and I'm certainly not buying gifts purely because they fit the bag ! Gill Gauntlet always has 'something' that will fit, but then she always does doesn't she (and she needs to revert back to her fringe, because without she looks so old !!!)

Does anyone actually have gifts the right size for these bags ???? Good idea though they are, I bought a set of these years ago, - the largest weren't big enough and there were far too many of the smaller sizes that are still unused because whatever I buy they wont fit, and I'm certainly not buying gifts purely because they fit the bag ! Gill Gauntlet always has 'something' that will fit, but then she always does doesn't she (and she needs to revert back to her fringe, because without she looks so old !!!)
Long hair is a risky venture, not just the fringe.... My own hair is the longest it has been for 15 years! I need to make sure the length doesn't act as a reverse facelift!

Gill has lovely hair when it is in the much shorter bob style she had before, imo.

I won't buy these bags, as I prefer something that can be recycled.

I must admit, I was tempted by these, but was put off thinking that knowing my luck, I'll probably end up with only a couple of the bags that actually fit the presents I've bought. Great idea for me because I loathe wrapping presents in traditional paper, I find it a real chore. Use normal gift bags quite a lot as well.

I buy quality wrapping paper after Christmas loads of it and the best cards put them up for the following xmas ... same with decoration I love the better stuff John Lewis and M&S 75% sale after Christmas put them away

I remember Lindy Bowman, I bought some novelty bags one year that lit up when a button was pressed - all those that got one loved them ! he also did some great xmas boxes too. Like I said the gift bags are a good idea, but they need to be a more practical size - I mean, who gives one bottle of nail polish on its own to someone.?

I remember Lindy Bowman, I bought some novelty bags one year that lit up when a button was pressed - all those that got one loved them ! he also did some great xmas boxes too. Like I said the gift bags are a good idea, but they need to be a more practical size - I mean, who gives one bottle of nail polish on its own to someone.?
All the presenters that say buy this buy that and take all the good bits out for yourself and "gift" the leftovers.

CC

Long hair is a risky venture, not just the fringe.... My own hair is the longest it has been for 15 years! I need to make sure the length doesn't act as a reverse facelift!

Gill has lovely hair when it is in the much shorter bob style she had before, imo.

I won't buy these bags, as I prefer something that can be recycled.
One of the presenters said she irons the bags and reuses them next year

I think most of us re-use the normal gift bags if they haven't been battered too much.
I gift using bags that I take back home afterwards. I can't count how many times they do the rounds. Some I don't get back, and sometimes I get the bag back when I get a gift in a bag I have previously given. I do the same with bags I get from a fiver. A truly virtuous circle!

I'd never ask for a gift bag back but if I see perfectly good ones in the bin on Christmas Day I take them for re-use. The gift recipient usually keeps the really nice ones though.

CC

The gift bag recycling is a good idea ...every Christmas Day the huge recycling bin is choked full of wrapping paper :(

Shiny foil or glitter-decorated wrapping paper cannot be recycled. We should use plain brown parcel wrap and decorate with a sprig of foliage.

I never use designated a gift bag.

For birthday gifts many charities sell really pretty reusable shopping bags for around £2.00 so if I see one I pick it up then come the time to give the gift then I tie a label on the handle and I'm all set, it's like a gift with the gift and if I can get a bag from the recipients favourite charity so much the better, and it's always been well received.

At Christmas 'The Works' sell small brown or white paper bags £1.00 pack of four, I decorate them with a raffia bow and use a brown luggage label and a sprig of holly off my tree, larger gifts are wrapped in brown paper and get the holly and raffia too.

Latest posts

Back