gardening...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't believe the rubbish being spouted by RJ and Dale about petunias, plug plants etc. Either they are completely ignorant of any gardening nouse or they are being very economical with the truth.

I could give numerous examples but I'm too annoyed. I'm biding my time until a real whoppa comes out and I shalll be straight on to their senior management.

flower power is the most expensive fertiliser i have ever seen gram for gram.

which? have two best buys phosphrogen and b&q soluable feed £3.59 for 1kg. lasts me all of the summer and the following spring. brilliant results.

I can't believe the rubbish being spouted by RJ and Dale about petunias, plug plants etc. Either they are completely ignorant of any gardening nouse or they are being very economical with the truth.

I could give numerous examples but I'm too annoyed. I'm biding my time until a real whoppa comes out and I shalll be straight on to their senior management.

Here Here I have stoped watching the gardening shows as I get SO ANGRY at the rubbish they are both spouting and selling.

Here Here I have stoped watching the gardening shows as I get SO ANGRY at the rubbish they are both spouting and selling.

Me too! So misleading & unfair to people who are new to gardening & want to learn.

flower power is the most expensive fertiliser i have ever seen gram for gram.

which? have two best buys phosphrogen and b&q soluable feed £3.59 for 1kg. lasts me all of the summer and the following spring. brilliant results.

I've used Flower Power for a couple of years and find it brilliant ! A little goes a long way so I still have almost half of my pack left for this year ! My garden's small but since using it everything grows much better. It's especially great for hanging baskets .
My one and only QVC order of plants wasn't a success , though. When the plants eventually flowered they were a very different colour and not a bit like in the picture illustration. By then it was way past the 30day time for sending things back !!! Never again !

Have to say I ordered Fuschia plants last year and they came up a completely different colour from the labels. Contacted CS (well after 30 days MBG) and got a complete refund:happy:.

RJ talks out of his backside most of the time. He was showing some Alemanchia (I think) bulbs and showing pics of the flowers. When the presenter asked how big the flowers are he said about one inch across. I have had these for the last two years and they are easily two inches across and beautiful. BTW have you noticed that he now says feed with tomato food or flower power.

I just find him so inept at giving correct gardening advice that I simply switch him off.

There will be loads of viewers assuming they are watching an "expert" talking about the actual plants and it sounds like it's just the same old BS sales pitches. :down:

There will be loads of viewers assuming they are watching an "expert" talking about the actual plants and it sounds like it's just the same old BS sales pitches. :down:

Oh dear, thats me i'm afraid. Am fairly new to gardening and thought I was being educated. Will save my pennies and visit a local garden centre.

You're not alone Diane, I'm no expert so whilst I would take claims of miracle products as being puff I'd have assumed what they were saying about the plants would be accurate. It's a lot of time and effort planting stuff only to find it's nothing like what was being claimed on several months down the line!

Oh dear, thats me i'm afraid. Am fairly new to gardening and thought I was being educated. Will save my pennies and visit a local garden centre.

You will probably find better quality and cheaper plants at any garden centre. QVC always push plants as being a new strain/colour/bigger than you can get elsewhere but to be honest I never see much of a difference. You can get great advice at garden centres - from staff and from other keen gardener-shoppers.

For so long I thought I was the only one who had had any problems with plants and bulbs from QVC.
I now say that the best place to buy any plants is a local garden center as they have to sell you good plants as they need you to tell your friends and to keep on coming back or they would soon be out of business. QVC can only get away with such lies and inaccuracies because the garden sales are subsidized by the rest of their sales.
So find a good local garden center who will know your soil and growing conditions and so be able to advise you on what will or wont grow where you live, and leave QVC to sell you jewelry and beauty items

I remember a few years ago now when we bought plants from QVC which came from Jersey they were all dead when they arrived and we sent them back for a refund.

Some plants we have bought from QVC have been good. However, I find their prices a little high now e.g bare roots etc. Which you can find in your local supermarket.

We now visit the local Nurseries who can give you all the information you need and its lovely to visit them as you get to know the people who grow them.

If you are new to gardening I highly recommend a visit to a Nursery or independent garden centre as you can pick up a load of hints and tips. We also visit Homebase and B&Q but sometimes the staff don't water the plants properly and some die and then they reduce them.

My Dad taught me all I know about plants and I remember growing up and he would take a cutting of a plant and put some rooting powder on the roots and within a week or two we had a growing plant.

This reminds me I have to go and tidy up the garden and take out all the dead plants and cut the roses and the hosters back.

I fell for the pink daffodils for BCC and they're still coming up every Spring but they've never been anywhere near a shade of pink! They blend in with the ordinary yellow ones and I can't really tell them apart. I would have asked for a refund but I don't want to take money away from the BCC charity; it's put me off buying plants from QVC though so they've shot themselves in the foot somewhat. The plants I've had from IW have been fine though and have survived many years of neglect and rabbit attack. :sun:

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back