Frank Usher "Crystal" Bangle - Advice please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

reflexgirl

Registered Shopper
Did anyone else order the Frank Usher Pave Crystal Bangle in black last week, item 300703. It was only £14.76 +p&p and it took my fancy.

I received it today and am so disappointed as the "cyrstals" are just plastic or resin bits stuck on to the bangle, they are not put on straight so are a bit wavy and show some of the underneath resin bangle underneath. I've just looked at the description again in case I misunderstood as I was expecting glass type crystals. It definately says crystals.

I just wanted to know what you forumites think - should I complain, can you get plastic cystals? Don't really want to return anything else in case I get "The Letter" as I have had to return a few items lately due to poor quality. I do quite like it if it wasn't for the slip shod way that the "crystals" have been stuck on, which does bug me. I guess you get what you pay for, it was only cheap after all.

How much it was is not the point. I think you should return as it was mis-sold to you, crystals cannot be plastic they are a natural substance. Put a letter in with the return (or ring them) and explain that it was mis-sold to you so the only reason you are sending it back is not because you are a difficult customer but because it wasn't described properly in the first place.

Get Ye Down to the Post Office Missis.....

If it says crystals then thats what you should get. Plastic can't be described as crystal no matter how cheap theyre selling it for. And if it's rubbish quality then no matter how cheap it is you shoud reject it. This is what the DSR were made for. Send it back and ask for your original postage back too. Sod the letter.

I send an email to the webmaster@qvc * quoting the item number, order number, reason for return and that I am returning it under DSR for full refund including p&p for £--.-- and ask them to confirm when this has been processed. Send the email within 7 days of receipt of said item and then I return 'within a reasonable time'. This way, I take my time typing as talking tires me, and I forget things. This way, I have it in writing as a reminder. Everything I learned, I learned on here. If everytime I looked at a bracelet and only saw the flaw, it's not right for me - it should bring me joy, that's how it is in SnarlyWorld.

nearly £15 with p&p on top isn't cheap - you can find lovely fashion jewellery for similar prices on the dreaded high street, e.g. Mrks and Sparks, Next, Debenhams.

Don't keep it because you'll probably never wear it which makes it expensive !

What wonderful forumites you all are.

I have my oomph back and am off to complain.

Will let you know what happens!!

Thank you all very much for your imput, its very much appreciated!!:star:

I really would insist on a return label as it was mis-sold. Why should you pay to return it? If its mis-discribed then it is QVC's fault, and mistakes do happen (especially with their website, lets face it)

[email protected]

And do remember to watch for the p&p to be refunded. I sent back earrings under DSR, received return confirmation email where they 'forgot' the p&p. Rang them up and before I finished my sentence, she said, "I'll refund you the £4.95 on your card immediately." ker-ching!

Definitely ring them Customer Service and tell them that the item has been described wrongly on air. I'm sure they'll send you a returns label and refund you in full.

Well, had what I would call a bog standard reply from QVC today as follows:

I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the quality and
appearance of your Frank Usher Resin Pave Crystal Bangle. I have reported
this to the relevant department.

I have also sent you a prepaid label, which will be with you shortly. This
will contain full details of how to return your item for a full refund or
replacement order.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused in regards to this
matter.

If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes

Chris
Customer Care team

Thankyou all for you input on this one, very much appreciated:happy:

Latest posts

Back