Fed up with make-up demo's

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
The days of Stacey and her "raw" face are truly missed. The models are fully make-uped with smidges of this and that applied during the hour. The brow products in partic. are a joke, there is never a brow done from scratch, just a fake dab here or a sweep there without touching any hairs at all. Perversely, blusher is totally overdone to clown proportions in the name of dewy glows. Nonesense.

Couldn't agree more! Mally's an offender; just wafting a brush in the general direction of a model's already made up face. There's probably nothing even on the brush!

Jude xx

I used to love watching Stacey (I think it was models prefer cosmetics) when she would sit with nothing on her face and complete a full make up tutorial. Even JR sat with her with no make up when they did a show together!

This smashbox girl is larding it on, the models look far too made up. used to like this range, but now it looks cheap and tacky.

I agree. I want full naked face and if they have to go back to each model to demo the next step no problem.

Sorry the new Smashbox girl is pants.

Stacey could do it so why not the other brands. I know reading the QVC US community board this is one of their moans as well. Models fully made up before the show starts and then the whoever dabbing a bit here and there.

Hell I would love them to try and do my dark circles, the ultimate test if a concealer really does work.

They'd need to apply a bucketload of Polyfilla before they even started on my makeup

I was watching the Smashbox lady doing her stuff - what's with these very sing-song voices? :confused2:

I too recalled Stacey demonstrating her products from start to finish and have found the ybf range to be very long lasting despite regular use. I was thinking that instead of using the already very glam models, why don't the female presenters come on 'au naturelle' and have themselves a free makeover? It would be much more realistic for the viewer and I for one would love to see JR take on a different look.

I loved watching Stacey too. You knew how and if the products worked before you were tempted to buy. And she also showed you how to correct mistakes. I loved her lipglosses. I'm not a big makeup girl to be honest but I would happily watch her shows.

AND each brand appear to have their own models -- why is this ? Most of them favour the young and beautiful mixed race girls who look absolutely stunning when made up, but wish they would veer towards us more mature ladies - who after all are their core audience, and all the make-up in the world wont make us look like those youthful beauties !

I'm after the "no make-up" make-up. Seeing them trowelling it on, or the models already made up and more being plastered on leaves me cold. I haven't bought make up since Models Prefer - I don't think it was any better than any other brand but it was described and demonstrated better.

Still, they must be selling it well otherwise they'd change their presentation styles.

when they put on the makeup on as we watch you get a better idea of the textures and colours.

I don't think anyone wears as much make up as the lady guest from CID,it looks dreadful,do not like the quality of this range anyhow.
Lynn

I miss Stacey too...she was very informative and had a brilliant energy. Stacey was great at giving a genuine tutorial that covered all ages, skin tones and budgets. I don't really watch or buy the make-up on QVC now as there is no real benefit and often trying to work out the right colour is impossible!

Stacey was brilliant.
She really made you feel that if you watched her demonstrations you could do it too and she wasn't afraid to show her bare face which was really encouraging as she looked fabulous once she'd applied her products.
The shows were really entertaining too.

Now most of the beauty shows are pretty boring.
Plus the models don't need much help & already made up give you no idea of what the products actually do. It's all hype & hard sell now.

I also really miss Stacey, she was great and I always enjoyed her shows - she really knew her stuff and explained in great detail about every product etc. I used all her make-up and really loved her dial-up foundation which was brilliant as you just bought a light and a dark refill and then turned the dial to what ever face colour you were at that particular time of the year and the product dispensed the exact shade. It used to last ages too. When it got changed to the YBF, things were never the same. I have given all the other make-up ranges a try now. The CID range - where the presenter looks like Esther Rantzen with shedloads of thick makeup on, I like their light up lipgloss and I did try the eyeliner, but found that it dried up too quickly and you had to use it within 6 months - unlike Bobbi Brown eyeliner which one pot has lasted me over a year and has been the same consistency throughout. Generally use Laura Geller now (balance and bronze n brighten).

Agree with you all that it is no good showing us models that are already totally made up.

Totally agree with you all about the "here's one we made-up earlier" demonstrations. I loved watching Stacey go from bare faced to prettily made-up, she was not coco the clown at all. The New CID had a mature lady on their morning show on Tuesday but again, they were just wafting brushes about as her face was already finished. Mikey (didn't he have his own cosmetics years ago, or was that another Mikey?) did a quick brow demo but barely touched her and I could see no difference. The CID was so overly made-up, she made my skin feel greasy just looking at her and when she kept slicking on more and more lip gloss - yuck! The packaging on the CID looks a bit cheap as well, like gift with purchase stuff, perhaps if you buy items singly the packaging is better quality but I don't know if that is the case or not.

Please QVC, do get back to your roots. I liked the old days when Alison Young wore a therapists white coat and we had proper skincare and make-up tutorials rather than just fake demonstrations. It wasn't broken so why did you fix it?

Also, please can you instruct the presenters to shut up blurting out names of so called celebrities, I don't give a rat's tutu about what and who they use!

Inge :eek:)

Latest posts

Back