Fashion by Together TSV 18/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fashion by Together Jersey Waistcoat with Lace Detail
Item Number: 159959
QVC Price £48.00
Todays Special Value £34.98
P&P £3.95

A block colour, long-line waistcoat from Fashion by Together featuring a colour-matching lace panel at the rear yoke with gathering underneath, and a hi-lo hemline that is longer at the back. A fantastic way to embrace the layering trend, this waistcoat will upgrade your daytime looks from standard to super-stylish.

All about the QVC customer - this waistcoat has been specially designed just for you in a lightweight jersey fabric and features draped pockets at each hip to add practicality to this super-stylish look.

Four brilliant shades - all these tones will complement the rest of the pieces already in your wardrobe - opt for classic Black or Silver Grey to layer over your monochrome looks; for those who love colour, opt for subtle Navy Blue - a perfect match for jeans and T-shirts or bold Magenta to add that extra something to your night-out style.

Get stylish anywhere - this piece is versatile enough to wear out and about during the day - team it with your tunic dresses and you're ready for that lunch date. For a night-out pair with slim-fit jeans and co-ordinating heels, then add statement jewellery for a bold finishing touch.

Sleeveless
Shawl collar
Waistcoat: 65% polyester, 35% viscose; lace trim: 100% nylon
Machine washable at 30C

Garment measurements:

Chest: XS: 94cm (37"), S: 97.5cm (38.4"), M: 102.6cm (40.4"), L: 107.7cm (42.4"), XL: 113.8cm (44.8"), 2XL: 119.9cm (47.2"), 3XL: 126cm (49.6")
Length (all sizes): 103cm (40.5")

Colour options:

Navy
Black
Silver Grey
Magenta

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.159959

Is it just me or is this hideous? Or on the other hand is it just QVC's hamfisted photography and styling that make it look horrible?

Sorry I seem to be so negative about most of the TSVs at present. I honestly don't want to be... but many recent offerings have been very poor.

MML I also feel a bit guilty because I've become so negative about all things Q from goods to presenters.

I used to enjoy it and bought loads but rarely anything now.

Is it me or Q?

This waistcoat looks cheap and nasty. The fabric is transparent, none of the models, or the presenters look good in it and the black one reminds me of the gowns my old Grammar school teachers wore. It isn`t worth more than a fiver of anybody`s money.

In my opinion "QVC" and "fashion" should not appear in the same sentence! Almost £40 for this TSV is outrageous.

MML I also feel a bit guilty because I've become so negative about all things Q from goods to presenters.

I used to enjoy it and bought loads but rarely anything now.

Is it me or Q?

Never feel guilty about having an opinion, negative or otherwise you're entitled to it. Everything on QVC is prehistoric, they've not changed a thing except the sell is harder, everything else is virtually the same from day one which is daft because the Internet is really competitive now, so the only thing QVC rely on to keep going, is loyalty.

Oh and yes, the price and style if this T not so special V is awful.

This offering is pretty grim. Engulfs the slim models and looks like a sack on the plus size. I do wonder who exactly QVC is thinking of when they design. Even people with a sense of personal style give us boring clothes. I do see the difficulty though. I like stretchy but fitted clothes. I have bought 2 items from QVC, one fab; one would be lovely if I was boobless and was returned. It would be very hard to see the difference on the hanger

QVC should just call their clothing range "YongJoinTogether" because all the ranges are morphing into one now, each copying off the other.

QVC should just call their clothing range "YongJoinTogether" because all the ranges are morphing into one now, each copying off the other.

Super description of the TSV, except the quality looks a very very, poor copy of them put together.It has the look of Join, but not the quality of fabric, the look of Yong Kim's crinkle but not the style. It is just horrible! Horribly cheap looking . The material looks so thin!

I do not get the anticipation I used to have for a TSV anymore.. I tuned to QVC at about 1 am to see what it was, I was appalled at the price for something that looked so cheap and nasty. I am very surprised at Jenny for even bringing it out to sell. I think even she must have realised what poor quality it is, she did not have her usual enthusiasm . She has let herself down.

I was just looking at the morning show, and saw even Tiffany looking very poorly put together, she had a very flimsy white Fashion Together blouse which was gaping badly at the bust ( I am surprised that the stylist even sent her out looking like that:thinking:very unprofessional for someone like Tiffany...very unprofessional QVC stylist!! even the camera person quickly focused lower as to miss the gaping at the bust!!)

What made Jenny to bring out something so horribly cheap and to charge nearly £40 (including P & P) for it!!

I don't get it with QVC style. I've bought Together items not from Q and they are very good quality and style. Just bought a lovely black dress and it's so well cut. Why then do Q have these awful rag bag clothes from this range? Are they specials with the Together name on!!!! Who would really want this TSV after having seen models in it, they look bad so all us normal size people would only look worse.

I don't get it with QVC style. I've bought Together items not from Q and they are very good quality and style. Just bought a lovely black dress and it's so well cut. Why then do Q have these awful rag bag clothes from this range? Are they specials with the Together name on!!!! Who would really want this TSV after having seen models in it, they look bad so all us normal size people would only look worse.

Yes, even Ali (model) who would look good even in a bin liner looked "messy" in it. Even Carla looked as if she had picked up clothes from the " for wash" basket and came wearing them, never seen her ( and we see her so often on QVC) looking so untidy!!

Like I said on another thread, all the stylists, fashion buyers and IT crew have gone into school or college today for their exam results. Hence a scruffy looking waistcoat the models can chuck on themselves. The kids crew will be back tomorrow though ....

They said they had a new stylist the other day but I`ve yet to see anything different or well put together ..... Together the brand don`t seem able to show any tops on QVC other than the smock type in an array of prints ...so boring ... they are in the Kaleidoscope catalogue where they have much more choice ....

I was lost for choice of what was the worst aspect of the TSV. The cheapening front gathering at the shoulders (the perfect disguise for poor tailoring), the cheap and incongruous lace panel on the back yoke, the waterfall effect, the fabric... the combination with frightening prints. Spoilt by the embarrassment of dire design features.

Who exactly are they aiming for with these garments?

The problem is that to get an elegant effect you need good quality fabric and top quality tailoring. Both of these come at a price, which then means with QVC's need for a good mark-up there wouldn't be a retail price they thought would be palatable.

As has already been said on this thread, Join do some really nice clothes... but you won't find them on the QVC website. Try the Kaleidoscope website for that.

And what do we see coming up on the horizon - more ranges of distressingly samey looking garments - viscose at absurdly inflated prices... more sharkbite and other uneven hems. I cannot believe that QVC are genuinely doing as well as they need to in the current economic climate. Their fashion buyers, the brands and the stylists are not going to be their saviours.

Almost midnight and every size in every colour is still available. To say it`s bombed is an understatement. It will be pushed out as a OTO and then on EP and then in one of their supposed sales and ten years down the line they`ll still be trying to flog it in last clicks.

Thanks Vienna I came on to see if it sold out. I was guessing not as I saw it at sound 6pm and they were using phrases like "selling well" but it seemed to me to be still available in all sizes and colours.

I saw this yesterday and it was ****** awful. No one looked good in it. I buy quite a bit of Together, not all of it from QVC and I like the tunics as I can wear them for work without thinking about it and it makes life easy. The TSV was poor though, in fact all Together's TSVs have been rubbish from what I can remember. I've never bought any of them. Whatever possessed Jenny to think there would be a rush to buy this? Maybe someone else placed a huge order then cancelled and they thought they'd just bung it out as a TSV to get rid of it. Hah, maybe we customers aren't so daft anymore.

CC

Latest posts

Back