Eyelash enhancing serum - Advice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
Hi, tried the Revitalash from Le Q but eyes were sooo itchy, I returned it within a week. So, I tried another (Lipocils Expert before you ask) and after 6 weeks use, today, my right eye's been sore. Closer inspection with the magnifying mirror and lots of eyeball contortions shows 3 teeny blonde hairs on top eyelid growing toward the tearduct! So, to those of you using any serum, don't do what I did, but start way back from the inside corners. Simples! from a winking/blinking Snarly

Thanks for the heads-up about the serums. I have been using the revitalash and will remember this advice on applying in future. Sorry to hear you have an irritated eye, hope the lashes drop out soon (not all of them, just the offending 3!)

Yes I have read some not pleasant things on boards about these lash growing serums. One they can change your eye colour so you have to be very careful not to get into the eyes. They will go back to normal colour if you stop using.

I like Talika which is more of a conditioner and natural as well.

My Revitalash went straight back to QVC after three days of very sore discoloured eyelids..I am also trying the Talika Lipocils Expert and find it very gentle but too early for results....

How kind of you to respond. My lashes are more pliable with this conditioning, I can finger-curl them whereas before, they were short and pokerstraight. I take thyroid meds and used to lose 3 or 4 lashes easily when rubbing my eyes. Now, they are a bit longer 'cause they are staying in! and about 8 new lashes growing at the outer corner where there were none. And that's a good thing ... Yippeee

I too take medication for Thyroid (mine's underactive), and lose my eyelashes easily. I tried Rapid Lash from Boots and it really irritated my eyes so I've stopped using this. Looks like the Talika one will be better so I will try this! Any tips where to get it from? Don't think Boots sell it (not on their website anyway!), thank you!

Talika is sold in Space NK and strangely in a few independent chemists, I have seen stands selling it. They do brow products and their eye makeup remover is brilliant.

I ordered mine over the 'phone from Bath&Beyond? I think it's called with prompt delivery. It comes in a 10ml tube, and I applied 2xday, I keep it by the bed. Still good amount left it seems, I like the sponge bit/brush applicator.Had tried Mavala but prefer this. I will repurchase.IMHO

I think the Revitalash guest should stop using the product on her eyebrows,imo she could do with a lawn mower on them.....LOL

Last edited:
I'd love to have longer, thicker eyelashes (another thyroid sufferer here) but I'm very prone to really serious allergic reactions that cause my eyes to swell amongst other things, so am very nervous of trying any of these serums, even with the 30 day MBG.

Not sure how it would suit anyone with sensitive eyes but I am getting very good results with the rapidlash and brow from Boots,the lady from revitalash said they will be launching a new Hair care product soon.
Lynn.

I decided to order Revitalash from QVC as it was on EZP! although it is an expensive product.After several weeks of use I can see an improvement in my lashes.I had had a slight stinging sometimes but not to put me off using.BUT I am not really a sensitive person, don't have reactions to products!At least this is one instance when you can use the 30 MBG!!