Exploding Cooks Essentials Rotisserie oven

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kirkiegirl

Registered Shopper
Has anyone had problems with their CE rotisserie oven? I was cooking a large meal yesterday using both my ovens and the CE one went bang - great timing. If this has happened to anyone else was it just an element going and if so are replacements available to buy?

No I haven't kirkiegirl but thanks for posting as forearmed is forwarned. I use mine a lot as well. If it were me I would give customer services a ring.

Thanks Loujareth. I'll try phoning CS on Monday but I am not sure they will be able to help as it is well out of guarantee and they have not had them in stock recently. I have had it for over a year and used it constantly so I will really miss it but don't know if it is worth the effort of getting it to an electricians just to be told it can't be repaired. What happened was a loud bang and when we looked the oven was lit by a very bright yellow light as it would be if there was an internal light but of course there isn't. It stayed lit like that after we switched it off which was a bit scary. We have no idea where that was coming from.The funny thing was that it didn't trip the main fuse box which usually trips at the slightest thing. We haven't looked to see if it blew the fuse in the plug.

i was bought one by my mum as a wedding anniversary gift a year or 2 ago, and yes it blew up on the first useage!

Thanks for your reply Athena. It sounds as if you would have been able to return yours. Have you any idea what caused the problem with yours?

I am not sure they will be able to help as it is well out of guarantee...
I'm not "au fait" on legal matters but I am certain that you have rights that supersede the warranty period - an item must be "fit for purpose" and that includes a longer time-span than one year for an oven!!!

I've copied this from What Consumer to save you trawling thru the articles, but you would have to take it from there - although quoting the words "Statutory Rights" at QVC CS might do the trick ???

items which should last several years can still break down after this six month period. If the retailer or manufacturer’s warranty has run out, the shop is often quick to say there is nothing they can do before attempting to sell you an extended warranty. This is misleading. If you buy something which should last 7 years but breaks down after a year and a day, you can still claim it was of poor quality in reference to the durability aspect. In this respect it will help to know how long items such as washing machines or printers should last. You can get this information relevant trade association.

HTH,

clemenzina

I'm not "au fait" on legal matters but I am certain that you have rights that supersede the warranty period - an item must be "fit for purpose" and that includes a longer time-span than one year for an oven!!!

I've copied this from What Consumer to save you trawling thru the articles, but you would have to take it from there - although quoting the words "Statutory Rights" at QVC CS might do the trick ???

items which should last several years can still break down after this six month period. If the retailer or manufacturer’s warranty has run out, the shop is often quick to say there is nothing they can do before attempting to sell you an extended warranty. This is misleading. If you buy something which should last 7 years but breaks down after a year and a day, you can still claim it was of poor quality in reference to the durability aspect. In this respect it will help to know how long items such as washing machines or printers should last. You can get this information relevant trade association.

HTH,

clemenzina

Thank you very much for that advice. Now that I have read it it sounds familiar (from the Sale of Goods Act?) but I would never have thought of following that angle without you pointing me in that direction. I'll have a look into it tomorrow.

Twicw now QVC have replaced or refunded electrical items that have been out of guarantee so it's well worth ringing them. The only problem I have ever had was with an IQON computer which was wrong from the word go,they were really beligerent with that for months. Other items-no problems. Mind you,the IQON went bust so maybe they didn't want to left with a load of dud computers?

Latest posts

Back