Dyson hairdryer TSV soon?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Golden Brown

Registered Shopper
I wonder how long it will be before we are treated to a TSV featuring the new Dyson £300 hairdryer? "On QVC, it's only £249.96 on 3 easy payments of £83.32 and free P&P! Get yours before they sell out!"

I wonder how long it will be before we are treated to a TSV featuring the new Dyson £300 hairdryer? "On QVC, it's only £249.96 on 3 easy payments of £83.32 and free P&P! Get yours before they sell out!"

Get 2 one for the present drawer not for me I won't be lining James Dyson's pockets .

Somebody asked about this on Facebook and they said there are no plans for QVC to sell it at present. There are videos of it on YouTube and it looks like a small version of the Dyson fan, circular with a hole through the middle, like a polo mint - and it doesn't even sound very quiet, so I'm not sure what you get for your £299.

Somebody asked about this on Facebook and they said there are no plans for QVC to sell it at present. There are videos of it on YouTube and it looks like a small version of the Dyson fan, circular with a hole through the middle, like a polo mint - and it doesn't even sound very quiet, so I'm not sure what you get for your £299.

It's meant to be less damaging for your hair than an ordinary hairdryer, I can't remember the exact explanation though. Whilst it's a crazy price I'm sure people would love to try it and use the 30 day MBG if necessary.

My hairdryer cost £2.97 from the Tesco Value range some years ago and it works perfectly! I really can't see why anyone outside of a professional studio would need to pay that kind of price.

I don't know about the Dyson hairdryer, but I certainly don't like the Dyson hand-dryer in some public loos.

Sure, it is very quick, but the slot for your hands is very narrow (for my hands, anyway).

So you can't help them touching the surrounding metal, and goodness knows what germs lurk there eg from people not washing properly.

And going off at a tangent, I was looking at toasters in Tesco today.

Mine cost £5 from there, but it doesn't hold a standard size slice of bread sideways, so you have to put it in upright, then a third of it is not being toasted. Therefore you have to stand there constantly turning it over.

So I was looking at more expensive toasters, but, lo and behold, they ALL had slots no bigger than mine.

Why oh why oh why don't they make toasters that actually hold a slice of bread?

Dyson, it's over to you.

When we moved hubby purchased
A top notch matching toaster and kettle
The toaster that claimed to toast thick bread beagles etc was useless
Only took thin bread and also only toasted half the bread
The kettle leaked within a month ,both went back
And we got a matching set from tesco alas like most toasters the slots are not long enough to toast all the bread
Only one we found that took a slice longways was over £100
Was not paying that
So I just turn the toast half way through cooking

And going off at a tangent, I was looking at toasters in Tesco today.

Mine cost £5 from there, but it doesn't hold a standard size slice of bread sideways, so you have to put it in upright, then a third of it is not being toasted. Therefore you have to stand there constantly turning it over.

So I was looking at more expensive toasters, but, lo and behold, they ALL had slots no bigger than mine.

Why oh why oh why don't they make toasters that actually hold a slice of bread?

Dyson, it's over to you.
I have a Russell Hobbs stainless steel toaster. I cannot remember how long I have had it perhaps 5 years. It holds thick slices of toast and crumpets with room to spare. I always search around to find one that holds full thick slices of bread and have even returned them if they do not when I get them home. I would not have paid a lot for it as I don't like to.
The handle on the toaster can be pushed up slightly so the slice of toast can be grabbed. As it is so deep I also have a pair of silicon tongs next to it to grab the toast otherwise OH takes a knife and stabs the top of the toast to remove it and I don't want him to short the toaster.

I think it was a tongue in cheek comment by op. Much the same as getting one for the dinner lady.

Still I won't be surprised to see it making an appearance after all who thought that a £300 fan would be a TSV over and over again

I have a Russell Hobbs stainless steel toaster. I cannot remember how long I have had it perhaps 5 years. It holds thick slices of toast and crumpets with room to spare. I always search around to find one that holds full thick slices of bread and have even returned them if they do not when I get them home. I would not have paid a lot for it as I don't like to.
The handle on the toaster can be pushed up slightly so the slice of toast can be grabbed. As it is so deep I also have a pair of silicon tongs next to it to grab the toast otherwise OH takes a knife and stabs the top of the toast to remove it and I don't want him to short the toaster.

It is not the thickness that is a problem, it is the length of the slot.

I buy "Thick White Toastie" loaves from Lidl. The length is far too long to go in sideways into the toaster, so it sticks out about 1/3 when put in the other way around.

What is totally beyond me is why toasters are made that won't actually toast standard size bread.

Is it the EU, I wonder, with their rules about vacuum cleaners that don't suck, kettles that take ages to boil, etc? So probably toasters that don't toast as well :mysmilie_10:

I don't know about the Dyson hairdryer, but I certainly don't like the Dyson hand-dryer in some public loos.

Sure, it is very quick, but the slot for your hands is very narrow (for my hands, anyway).

So you can't help them touching the surrounding metal, and goodness knows what germs lurk there eg from people not washing properly.

I can't dry my hands in the time it states.

While I was looking at toasters in Tesco, I noticed they had a Ninja Auto (the same as mine from QVC).

It was about £95.

Mine cost just under £91 as a TSV (inc £7-95 PP).

They also had the Nutri Bullet, but I didn't notice the price.

Latest posts

Back