Dream Curler Styling System

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Maybe there's been a thread on this product and I've missed it but just wondered if anyone had any views on this Dream Curler Styling System please? I've just seen the demo and it looked pretty impressive but then a lot of these things do on air but we never manage to achieve the same result ourselves. I have shortish layered hair which is fine and very quickly loses any bounce so I'm keen to find that 'perfect' problem solver but I can't keep splashing out on different gadgets which then get shoved in drawers rendered useless!

The reviews online are mixed but the positive ones sound very convincing!

I have this and when my hair was shorter it worked really well, although sometimes the rollers get stuck in my hair and I try not to panic because I've always managed to get them out. The handle does make it easier to roll them into your hair. I have the set for long hair because I only ever wanted them for body, not curls. Now that my hair is shoulder length they don't work as well because the piece of hair is wound around lots of times, even on the largest green rollers, which means that the bristles don't grip as well because they don't poke far enough thru the hair to hold the roller in place on my head but I can put a scarf over them and they stay in place. (what a picture!) I don't think much of the 2 styling products that come with, Liquifix works v well though. I tried them when they were first a TSV but returned them because they were too expensive for what they are, I then got a set on ebay for less than half the price. As my hair gets longer I'll probably try those foamy sleep rollers and I also have a set of larger vecros which work well.

I think the shorter hair-styles in the demo look really good and the spikey nature of the rollers means they will stay in place even when not wound round completely in hair.

Hope that helps, it's definitely a 30MBG product because it clearly doesn't suit some people. My hair is v fine, v straight but I have a lot of it.

Jude xx

Thanks for your comments Akimbo. I had a look on eBay last night after watching the demo but couldn't spot any so I might give them a go with the 30 day MBG....no harm in trying I suppose other than the loss of P&P!

P.S. Are you the secret love child of Hilda Ogden with your rollers and scarf.......:wink:

Hi, I have not used the product, but I am very aware of getting velcro rollers stuck in my hair and almost having to cut them out... my advice in using any velcro roller is make sure you comb the hair out before rolling each one in, never twist the hair when putting it in and do not move the hair too much until you take them out. Hth!!

Many thanks LIAM.......perhaps I'll give them a miss on reading through that! Thankfully, I hadn't got round to ordering them but I'm now feeling tempted by the Babyliss thingy so I'm off to have a browse!!!

I tried the rollers and my hair is thickish and chin length. Thought they were hopeless,
they stuck in my hair, might be better in short hair. I have the Babybliss brush thing,
and i find it very good, but the barrel on it is quite big and might be too big for short
hair. I had to send the rollers back and they got a fortune to send back. :wonder:

I tried the rollers and my hair is thickish and chin length. Thought they were hopeless,
they stuck in my hair, might be better in short hair. I have the Babybliss brush thing,
and i find it very good, but the barrel on it is quite big and might be too big for short
hair.
I had to send the rollers back and they got a fortune to send back. :wonder:

Thanks for that advice SB. I've just been browsing and thought the barrel looked rather big. Not too sure the hair on my crown would fit round it and that's where I want the volume really so maybe it's back to the drawing-board.

I have the same problem as you BusyLizzie. My hair is straight and fine and need something to lift the hair on my crown. Not used to coping with short hair. I had it long for years until chemo two years ago. At the moment I use a small round plastic brush and a hairdryer - but I do get in rather a muddle. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

I have the same problem as you BusyLizzie. My hair is straight and fine and need something to lift the hair on my crown. Not used to coping with short hair. I had it long for years until chemo two years ago. At the moment I use a small round plastic brush and a hairdryer - but I do get in rather a muddle. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

I booked an appointment with my hairdresser and she taught me how to blow dry my hair. I found it gave me the confidence I needed to do it much better. If you are just trying to lift the crown hair then a friend of mine just puts velcro curlers in the top section of her hair for 10 mins every morning. You could ask the hairdresser to teach you how to put the curlers in properly.

I have the babyliss barrel hairdryer. It was very good when my hair was chin length. I am currently on an economy drive and haven't had it cut for 9 months. I just tie it back in a ponytail at the moment as I don't think it suits me hanging down. I've bought a few hairpieces with the money I've saved from having it cut and blow dried and I've been enjoying wearing those (Ken Pave types on elastic that you just wind over the pony tail)

Last edited:
I"m a great believer in the velcro rollers, i put them in my hair, spray some
sort of thickener or anything i have lying around, tried liquidfix or hairspray,
let it set , quick dry with hairdryer and take them oout and i have bounce.
Tried lots of other things, but the velcro rollers work. I buy the rollers in
Boots and they are heat resistant ones and all different sezes :sun:

Thanks for the advice - I think I might try the velcro rollers. I had hoped that my hair would come back slightly curly - but no luck. I would love to grow it into a inverted bob but it's no where near thick enough. But when I think what might have been the outcome of having lymphoma - having to contend with straight, fine hair is such a small price to pay.

Latest posts

Back