Double handled names

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Jane-Catherine is the case in point, and its not an easy name to sit on the tongue. Then it was a giggly moment imagining other potential combinations...........

and here we have

Sylvia-Ethel
Mabel-Joyce
Carol-Edna
Felicity-Jennifer
Brenda-Winifred ...... wearing

Even the guys could get in on the act....

and here we have wearing the latest at Littlewoods.....

Tony-Frederick
Martin-Wilfred
Kevin-Harold

Perhaps I'll start calling myself Linda-Mary :grin:

I haven't got a hyphenated name nor have I even got a middle name I can have a go with.

I have a friend with a hyphenated name and so many people shorten it to the first bit only. I never do. It's her given name and it suits her.

I haven't got a hyphenated name nor have I even got a middle name I can have a go with.

I have a friend with a hyphenated name and so many people shorten it to the first bit only. I never do. It's her given name and it suits her.

I agree Tinkerbelle but sometimes reason should prevail. A friend of Mrs Bates, a most practical direct woman called her daughter Estelle Fleur and wished for both names to be used. After a long battle she finally accepted just Estelle but no further abbreviation.
My two names are in different languages and don't go well together and I hate both with a passion but I don't take kindly to other people being rude about them:mysmilie_518:

I still smile at a very old Victoria Wood quote where she talks about the fashion house Maison René (she's really called Renee Mason from Wigan).

I always used to think of it when Reny Martan was on QVC (Renee Martin from Sheffield)

I still smile at a very old Victoria Wood quote where she talks about the fashion house Maison René (she's really called Renee Mason from Wigan).

I always used to think of it when Reny Martan was on QVC (Renee Martin from Sheffield)

I remember that one Burly Bear, I used to love Victoria Wood, especially her songs!! :giggle:

My two names are in different languages and don't go well together and I hate both with a passion but I don't take kindly to other people being rude about them:mysmilie_518:

Don't leave us hanging then...... Spill!

Don't leave us hanging then...... Spill!

No thank you, I'm by nature a self contained creature.

First name is Sanskrit and second is Irish (or as Gaeilge if I'm feeling wildly patriotic)

On a tangent, (barely) wasn't the flag mix up at the Olympics just a stellar piece of incompetence? :devil:

Hmm, I have a dual surname so I would hate to have 2 first names as well! It would be ridiculous.

Ok where are they ?

Having just sat through Dreamkeeper clearance, where Catherine & Tanya wore some really nice B & W pendant necklaces,, Debbie Flint kept saying that they were in the upcoming B & W clearance show , but they are NOT, because they are NOT on the website either !!!!! just the same B & W inventory of ridiculous rings, pathetic keyrings, and flower and skull necklaces !!!! OR DID I HEAR WRONG ???

You have time to delete or edit your messages, I think it's 10 minutes.
A much used facility by yours truly:doh:

No thank you, I'm by nature a self contained creature.

First name is Sanskrit and second is Irish (or as Gaeilge if I'm feeling wildly patriotic)

On a tangent, (barely) wasn't the flag mix up at the Olympics just a stellar piece of incompetence? :devil:

Yes but the ladies footy team are being a little precious about it methinks. We've apologised for the mistake, let's move along.

Yes but the ladies footy team are being a little precious about it methinks. We've apologised for the mistake, let's move along.

All joking aside I assumed the team reacted as they were instructed to. When I see the parades/celebrations in North Korea the display boggles my excuse for a mind.

All joking aside I assumed the team reacted as they were instructed to. When I see the parades/celebrations in North Korea the display boggles my excuse for a mind.

They're probably suffering from culture shock. Literally. I wonder how many Olympians will never turn up for the plane home. A lot, I imagine.

We will be lucky if they don't send a nuclear
weapon to retaliate. You have to wonder at
the incompetence of the eejit in London
that does not know the sensitivity of the two
Koreas.

As it was a video from an outside company, I can only imagine (as they don't teach 'proper' Geography in schools anymore) that it was someone who thought Korea was a 'whole' country and not split into two, so just picked the one flag.

I once worked with a normally intelligent secretary who honestly believed that County Durham was in Ireland !!!!!! Just about sums up current teaching methods.

I don't like initials being used as a shortened name, SJ from bare minerals for example. Don't know why it annoys me but it does.

Am I right in thinking Leighton Denny is/was really called Dennis Layton? I'm sure I heard that somewhere :wonder:

Latest posts

Back