DIY on Sunday????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosey

Registered Shopper
I just heard jules say that this show is the most watched show on qvc - is he telling yet another porkie or am I the only one who does not watch this show.

I think it is the worst show of the week and it makes me switch off - sometimes I even have the fashion hours on in the background but never DIY!
:r2:

I had read on this forum that he has gone but have not found out where - he simply disappeared.:SHOCK:

He left a while ago, to 'spend more time with his family', I think. Have to agree that DIY is amongst the most boring show on QVC, right down there with car care and home electronics!

i must admit i have heard this for many years that it a show that really does generate a lot of sales

He left a while ago, to 'spend more time with his family', I think. Have to agree that DIY is amongst the most boring show on QVC, right down there with car care and home electronics!

As opposed to another jewellery day special, makeup hours on sunday afternoon.....

As I have mentioned before on here - how can all the DIY'ers be watching at 9 or 10 on a sunday morning when surely this is when they would be DIY'ing?????
:SHOCK:

can't believe people are moaning because of 1 or god forbid the occasional 2 hours of diy on a sunday morning.
no moaning of all the make up shows (the female diy shows) all that plastering & filling in the cracks & the painting of nails :32:
it has been stated many a time on the diy hours that it is the most watched & busiest hour(s) on qvc
happy diy shopping wether male or female

Like hibbychubbs I can't understand all the griping about 1 hour (occasionally 2) a week on a Sunday morning. :56: QVC have always insisted that the DIY show is their most watched - how they know this I'm not sure - and I have been a fan of it for many years. Just lately though I feel it has lost something (not just Orlando) and even though Julian is probably the best option to host it on his own (Simon would be my second choice), I feel it needs another 'Orlando' or 'Harry' again as the banter has been lost.

I didn't see any of it as moaning or griping . ( Now if it was some sort of 4 day deal .... then I would imagine there would be a lot of horrors )

Lets not make this a gender thing either, you may not but I personally know plenty of men who wash regularly.. :20:

And I don't think I know many women who haven't redecorated , watered the garden , driven a car or put up a shelf.

Just surprise , are you not surprised too ? Anyone with half a braincell is sleeping in at 9 am on a Sunday surely .

I agree Mrs Timber, we were not griping about it just surprised that qvc claim it is the most watched hour. Also as in my orginal post - surely people are too busy actually doing diy on a sunday morning to be able to watch the tv. As most people are at work all week and shopping or sports on a saturday, sunday morning is the only time you can do diy - assuming that you are at church on a sunday afternoon.:lol:

No griping? Aye right! :32: May I quote .........

"I think it is the worst show of the week and it makes me switch off - sometimes I even have the fashion hours on in the background but never DIY!"

"Have to agree that DIY is amongst the most boring show on QVC, right down there with car care and home electronics!"

"I never watch DIY not interested at all and can't stand the presenter either."

By the way Mrs Timber, I agree people with half a braincell are probably sleeping at 9am on a Sunday but as the DIY hour starts at 10am (most Sundays) that isn't really a problem is it? :54:

I think it's probably the most voluntarily watched by men QVC programme! I have no problem with there being a show like this on. There has to be something for everyone, doesn't there? Even blokey blokes and practical gals need to shop sometimes! Personally I'd rather watch jewellery but at least it gives me a chance to say: "No, I don't want QVC on - there's nothing I want to buy!"

Julian said it was the most watched hour on qvc - he said nothing about by men. But hey most of the stuff they say is completely rubbish anyway.

Latest posts

Back