Dell Mini Desktop PC TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tarod

Registered Shopper
What do people think of the Dell Mini Desktop PC that is TSV today?
It is so small!
Surely there can't be room for much power inside it?

i would say there is a lot of power 1tb is huge and 4g of ram fantastic.

like the new presenter nana got on my bliddy nerves.:cool:

Dell TSV

Not very technical myself but asked hubby why he is salivating and thinking about this purchase. He is fairly savvy about computers and this is what he has said (for what it's worth) ... for the average user ... The combination of dual CPUs, 4GB RAM, Terabyte disk, sound card, integrated graphics, WiFi, excellent HD monitor in such a small and well designed platform make this an object of desire :heart: The wireless mouse and keyboard are just :cake: This price combined with QVC's 30 MBG and 4 pay make this TSV an outstanding value but be sure to check your other websites like the Dell one to compare like for like. And no my hubby doesn't work for Dell although he does have Dell desktops and laptop. Gamers might object to the integrated graphics card in this TSV, but for the average user this is perfectly adequate for current mutlimedia and gaming activity.:sun:

for what its worth my duighter is a true gamer and has a playstation 3 250gb and uses that.

as a family though i love dell and this looks really good but i have a nice new laptop so wont indulge.:talking:

If you are going for it don't get with the monitor , nearly £200 extra for a 21" monitor is an absolute rip off

Dell TSV

I guess you can get a cheap screen at a cheaper price than this. It all depends on what your needs and requirements are regarding a screen. The screen has a crisper, more brilliant image than the cheaper matches of similar size. Sure it's not a brilliant discount but not a rip off for a like-for-like quality.

As far as the design of the box, that's personal choice. It's square rather than a tower shape and for many will fit into a home, living room situation better than a tower would and can be used as a media server/station. Some may just buy the box to use with thier television (via HDMI) and access the GUI through their television.

I guess you can get a cheap screen at a cheaper price than this. It all depends on what your needs and requirements are regarding a screen. The screen has a crisper, more brilliant image than the cheaper matches of similar size. Sure it's not a brilliant discount but not a rip off for a like-for-like quality.

The screen is a rip off, you can get a 22" LED full HD monitor for about £130

Each to his own opinion ... just shop around and be happy with the purchase you make. That sounds like a real bargain can you post a link? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Although I'm in the market for a space saving desktop, I've had a dell previously and I wouldn't have another. But even if I had been tempted by yesterday's tsv, I would have chosen the option without the monitor. One problem with this, however, and I'm sure

Although I'm in the market for a space saving desktop, I've had a dell previously and I wouldn't have another. But even if I had been tempted by yesterday's tsv, I would have chosen the option without the monitor. One problem with this, however, and I'm sure QVC were aware of this; if the buyer is not satisfied with the pc and, having bought a separate monitor, decides to return it, what happens to the newly purchased monitor whhich, as it would be cheaper, many people may have bought separately? £200 for a dell monitor is expensive and a HP one with equal if not better specs is at least £40 less. Some people may have decided it would be less hassle to pay more and get the monitor included option then, should they decide to return it, they wouldn't be left with a monitor they have no use for. Obviously, if you already have a monitor, you are going to go for the pc base unit only, so no problems. I think QVC were banking on this to increase sales of the option including the monitor.
A bit underhand!

Gamers might object to the integrated graphics card in this TSV, but for the average user this is perfectly adequate for current mutlimedia and gaming activity.:sun:

As a gamer I would certainly object! :sun:

Seems good for general day to day use...I certainly like the look of it.

Although I'm in the market for a space saving desktop, I've had a dell previously and I wouldn't have another. But even if I had been tempted by yesterday's tsv, I would have chosen the option without the monitor. One problem with this, however, and I'm sure QVC were aware of this; if the buyer is not satisfied with the pc and, having bought a separate monitor, decides to return it, what happens to the newly purchased monitor whhich, as it would be cheaper, many people may have bought separately? £200 for a dell monitor is expensive and a HP one with equal if not better specs is at least £40 less. Some people may have decided it would be less hassle to pay more and get the monitor included option then, should they decide to return it, they wouldn't be left with a monitor they have no use for. Obviously, if you already have a monitor, you are going to go for the pc base unit only, so no problems. I think QVC were banking on this to increase sales of the option including the monitor.
A bit underhand!

If you bought a monitor elsewhere at the same time you can sending back under distance selling regulations.

Although to be honest you are unlikely to want to send it back as a PC is a PC really - it either works or doesn't and this one is plenty powerful enough - except for gamers

Latest posts

Back