Deliveries

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I know the issue of P&P cost -v- service received has raised it's ugly head in this forum no end of times, but I'm curious to know if other forumites have noticed that the delivery service from QVC is getting even slower? Especially when Royal Mail are the carrier. I appreciate that QVC have no control over RM's operation but they must have the cheapest possible contact with them for everything to be so slow. I've ordered products from other places (Debenhams and ebay) none of which charged P&P and all the products have arrived, via Royal Mail, far more quickly than the QVC items. The Debenhams products actually arrived next day. Do RM hold QVC's back until they reach a certain volume? Other companies send out the same volume of parcels with RM without the added delay.

QVC take note again that myself and people I know are no longer placing orders because of the stupidly high costs involved. Mum was interested in a pair of Birkenstocks yesterday but declined to order because we know it'll cost the best part of £15 in total P&P, both ways, if they're not completely comfortable and need to be returned. That's just too much to risk now. They could at least have cheap returns on fashion and multi-line P&P when buying.

qvc are a dianasour where postage is concerned. most people offer free postage but I suppose qvc have a captive audience with the 30 day money back guarantee....not!

I guess something Qvc could do is give customers the option to not have a 30mbg and receive free postage or pay postage and have the 30mbg. I certainly would like to have that option.

I hate it when you buy something then it says Royal Mail as the postage. I ordered the last potm. It eventually arrived after 2 weeks so I phoned up and said that I have list half of my 30 days so they extended it. I ordered the alpha h tsv which eventually got delivered by RM last Monday, as I work and my sorting office only opens mornings I have to wait until tomorrow morning to collect it, again that is 2 weeks, I ordered the elemis tsv on Sunday and it arrived via Hermes and left in my 'safe place' on Tuesday, wish they would stay aware from RM but seem to be using it even more these days

I know the issue of P&P cost -v- service received has raised it's ugly head in this forum no end of times, but I'm curious to know if other forumites have noticed that the delivery service from QVC is getting even slower? Especially when Royal Mail are the carrier. I appreciate that QVC have no control over RM's operation but they must have the cheapest possible contact with them for everything to be so slow. I've ordered products from other places (Debenhams and ebay) none of which charged P&P and all the products have arrived, via Royal Mail, far more quickly than the QVC items. The Debenhams products actually arrived next day. Do RM hold QVC's back until they reach a certain volume? Other companies send out the same volume of parcels with RM without the added delay.

QVC take note again that myself and people I know are no longer placing orders because of the stupidly high costs involved. Mum was interested in a pair of Birkenstocks yesterday but declined to order because we know it'll cost the best part of £15 in total P&P, both ways, if they're not completely comfortable and need to be returned. That's just too much to risk now. They could at least have cheap returns on fashion and multi-line P&P when buying.
Methinks QVC have a lot of control over Royal Mail's delivery times they must have asked for a cheaper and therefore slower service. The reason why I think this is that I am having a slate of ordering from body shop with their 40% off deal. Done 2 orders so far. The first one was just one item ordered in the morning and was delivered by my normal postie next morning. The second order was larger and ordered in the evening of the same day as first order - arrived by van one day later. Both orders were free delivery. Superdrug and Boots orders are equally fast by RM.

I know they have lorries at the warehouse that are filled up as the orders are packed and then leave when they are full - maybe because so much gets sent out by courier they don't fill the RM lorries that fast?

Years ago there was a channel called HSN that charged one p&p for everything you ordered in a 24 hour period which was a good idea. Considering what other companies charge for postage and can offer free postage I really don't understand why QVC haven't been able to lower their costs considering how much they send out every day.

I know they have lorries at the warehouse that are filled up as the orders are packed and then leave when they are full - maybe because so much gets sent out by courier they don't fill the RM lorries that fast?

Years ago there was a channel called HSN that charged one p&p for everything you ordered in a 24 hour period which was a good idea. Considering what other companies charge for postage and can offer free postage I really don't understand why QVC haven't been able to lower their costs considering how much they send out every day.
QVC don't want to lower their postage costs - the money they make is probably funding some of the loss from the 30 day money back guarantee.

I think it's a mistake to always connect the issue of postage cost with the perceived cost of the 30 day MBG; the vendor not QVC stand the cost of the returns (whether under the MBG or under statutory rights for faults etc.). QVC never make this connection, we do it, and we're making excuses for them!

Regardless of the price charged to us for posting a single parcel by 2nd class post, QVC will have negotiated a far lower rate because of the bulk business they put RM's way. Generally the cost of returning an item is less than the postage QVC charged the customer. If you remove the idea of the MBG from the excuses made for QVC's rubbish expensive delivery service, then we're getting even worse value & service! There's no official link drawn between the MBG and the postage costs, we've done it and it's time we stopped making excuses for them! Take this concept out of the equation and look at how much you were charged to have a piddling little jiffy bag that can take a fortnight to arrive! It's not Value for money! It's not Convenient if you have to collect it or have it delivered to work because there's no tracking available. It's not a Quality service, it's the cheapest deal they could strike with royal mail

I asked QVC staff at a customer event about combined p&p for multiple purchases but they trotted out the stock answer that the way their warehouse and logistics are designed wouldn't allow this. However, what she meant was they can't currently pack different items in a single box to achieve more economical postage.

I really hope QVC's profits get a hammering this year as more customers became savvy enough to shop around on the web (even my Aunty Dorothy at 87 and my Mother-out-law) and not only buy the same brands elsewhere more cheaply, but with free or combined p&p with next day delivery and free returns!

I ordered the Emma Hardie TSV yesterday morning, just after the launch, got the email with the tracking this am and it arrived this morning just after 10 am, a record for me!!! It came with Hermes. Usually my stuff takes about a week with RM so was very very pleasantly surpirised!!

I have not ordered from Q for a couple of months now which at one time was unheard of.The reason is I am not prepared to pay the P&P charges.I do not return a lot but when I do the cost is now also significant.If I see something on Q I source it from somewhere else with free P&P.I always seem to get other items even by RM quicker.I recently ordered some items from Landsend & decided to exchange one item.Not only did the new item arrive in a couple of days but my cost of returning was refunded.

A lot of items that say RM when you order actually go via TNT first! Check your invoice and have a look!

My mum ordered something last week, it clearly stated RM but on invoice it says TNT Standard Parcel so that means QVC put it in the hands of TNT whom are very slow to then post it RM hence the delays!

I ordered a necklace from the Lola Rose website on Wednesday evening & selected free P&P. It arrived by RM this morning Sat 18th.I can return/exchange within 28 days.
The only advantage I can see from Q is that you can return when an item is used/worn & if they offer a better price ( when you add in their P&P)
For Lola Rose fans my necklace is Multi Grey Agate & it is gorgeous, it can go with grey, blue & brown, going back to see if there are any earrings!

I ordered the Emma Hardie TSV yesterday morning, just after the launch, got the email with the tracking this am and it arrived this morning just after 10 am, a record for me!!! It came with Hermes. Usually my stuff takes about a week with RM so was very very pleasantly surpirised!!

I got an email at 7.30am this morning saying my EH TSV had been dispatched and then had a knock at the door an hour later and there it was - now that's service lol!

It's a ridiculous excuse about not being able to pack multiple orders into one box isn't it?? All the other companies can do it without a problem, in fact a couple of companies I've ordered twice in the same day from have packed both orders into one box for me without any prompting. Their profits have to be taking a battering now that online shopping is such a big thing and I would imagine the majority of their customers now have access to the internet and can shop around for a better price before ordering from QVC.

There used to be information for vendors on the QVC website with all the information they needed about selling on QVC and that stated very clearly that all returns had to be refunded by the vendor and not QVC and products were taken on a sale or return basis.

I think it's a mistake to always connect the issue of postage cost with the perceived cost of the 30 day MBG; the vendor not QVC stand the cost of the returns (whether under the MBG or under statutory rights for faults etc.). QVC never make this connection, we do it, and we're making excuses for them!

Regardless of the price charged to us for posting a single parcel by 2nd class post, QVC will have negotiated a far lower rate because of the bulk business they put RM's way. Generally the cost of returning an item is less than the postage QVC charged the customer. If you remove the idea of the MBG from the excuses made for QVC's rubbish expensive delivery service, then we're getting even worse value & service! There's no official link drawn between the MBG and the postage costs, we've done it and it's time we stopped making excuses for them! Take this concept out of the equation and look at how much you were charged to have a piddling little jiffy bag that can take a fortnight to arrive! It's not Value for money! It's not Convenient if you have to collect it or have it delivered to work because there's no tracking available. It's not a Quality service, it's the cheapest deal they could strike with royal mail

I asked QVC staff at a customer event about combined p&p for multiple purchases but they trotted out the stock answer that the way their warehouse and logistics are designed wouldn't allow this. However, what she meant was they can't currently pack different items in a single box to achieve more economical postage.

I really hope QVC's profits get a hammering this year as more customers became savvy enough to shop around on the web (even my Aunty Dorothy at 87 and my Mother-out-law) and not only buy the same brands elsewhere more cheaply, but with free or combined p&p with next day delivery and free returns!

Postage hasn't really bothered me until recently when I placed 3 orders on 28/4. One was left with a neighbour by Hermes and arrived very quickly one was sent Royal Mail and and arrived quite quickly too. The third order placed at the same time as the others was also supposed to be delivered by Hermes but still hasn't arrived. My tracking info worried me as it was stuck at order generated and didn't change from that. I rang QVC who said there had been a delay dispatching but it went 2/5. I rang them again a few days later and they sent me out a form to sign to say I hadn't had the goods. I completed it today but rang them because there was no return envelope and as petty as it may seem, I don't see why I should pay postage to return a letter to them to say I haven't had the parcel I have paid for and paid postage for. QVC said they didn't send return envelopes but would credit my account with £1 to cover the cost of a stamp. Small thing but I was happy with that. I just hope they sort it out quickly because I got all the products to use together and they are sat waiting to be used and I have the 30 day MBG in my mind

Latest posts

Back