Decleor Phytopeel!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
A lesson here in giving things a chance before deciding you don't like them! lol
Got this in the French Heritage Collection (when it was under 30 quid!) & hated it at first - tried it 2 or 3 times & it just sat there like cement - I ended up washing it off! I thought 'hasn't exfoliating moved on from this, like some skincare relic from the 80's'!

Tried it again today & liked it, gentle circular prodding produced lots of satisfying dandruffy fluff & it left my skin looked positively radiant, quite chuffed! Just wondering if anyone has any further tips for getting the best out of this product though as it isn't the most user-friendly or quick item out there, is it?

phytopeel

i have used this for a long time and I think it is one of the best exfoliators.I have very sensiative skin and cannot use anything that is rough or full of harsh chemicals.I find that it i put a very thin layer on and leave it for about 3 minutes it dries quite quickly.it is fine to be left on for longer,just don't put it on and have a bath as the steam slows down the drying time.It leaves your skin so soft and a tube lasts a long time.Hope this helps

just don't put it on and have a bath as the steam slows down the drying time.

Oops, that'll be why it took forever to dry initially then! :15:

I did also use it in the bath today but it was a lot less hot than usual & I had much less water in than normal as I wanted to shove stuff on my feet as well, so probably not as much bubbles & steam as there usually is! lol

Sorry no tips kwc just relieved I'm not the only one struggling with how best to use this product. Thought it was destined for ebay but I'll give it another try.

Sorry no tips kwc just relieved I'm not the only one struggling with how best to use this product.

It doesn't come off in big satsifying bobbles like Gatineau's Gommage, it's a lot more subtle than that - in fact it seems a lot less comes off than went on in the first place! lol
I didn't want to pinch or hold my skin in any way (I did kind of flatten it down with my fingers firm against it though!) & just sort of gently prodded it with my fingertips in little circular motions & soon realised it was obvious which bits I'd 'done' as these were now smooth rather than feeling like a sort of gritty, chalky blackboard!

I think I'd initially been trying 'too hard', whereas in this case it seems 'less is more'? Much of the product seems to stay behind as a 'residue' but you can't really get this off, just have to rinse it away!
(Hope you understood this highly scientific & technical account of the procedure Tangle foot! lol)

I do see what you mean kwc. I usually use a mico granular exfoliant as I have an oily skin so I didn't think it was doing anything. Ill try in again and experiment with my technique lol. Tangle foot signing off feeling slightly scientific and technical :D

I too was a bit reluctant to use the Phytopeel but now I love it. I guess it's the fact that you can see the colour of the flakes - they certainly don't look white once they've come off my face!!!

Also, you can use this right up to the eyelashes which I am thrilled to bits with as my eye area gets quite dry, so I use it just around the eyes at least once a week. Very different texture to the Gatineau Gommage but I love that too so alternate each week between them. Oh, you can't use the gommage around the eye area though.

I hate this stuff! Its more like fight o' peel for me! Nearly had to rub my skin to the bone to get the darn stuff off. Glad I only had a small tube.

Clarins also have a version of this, not sure who came out with it first?

I think people put too much on usually like a normal face mask, instead of a sheer veil. I used to get bits down my boobs with it.:31: I remembe AY always saying not to sit in the bath with it on as it wouldn't dry properly.

Also, you can use this right up to the eyelashes which I am thrilled to bits with as my eye area gets quite dry, so I use it just around the eyes at least once a week..

Really? I didn't know that Gillbabe - it is only a small tube that came in a kit, so no really detailed 'instructions'! I did try googling it but not much luck there! I guess you just sort of tap it gently or something to remove it from round your eyes?

I think people put too much on usually like a normal face mask, instead of a sheer veil.

Yes, I think that is the trick to it! I'm sure it says 'medium layer' whcih is a bit misleading & confusing?

AY always saying not to sit in the bath with it on as it wouldn't dry properly.

Another kind poster pointed that out too! Live 'n' learn, eh? I apply nearly all my masks etc. in the bath & don't usually have any problems! Oh well, I know now.....! lol

Catkins - 'fight-o-peel' was right! As I say, I washed it off at least twice, having given up on it! I wouldn't say it was my favourite product now (by a long way!) but it did leave my face looking & feeling nice when I did get to grips with it!

Had a thought kwc (doesn't happen often) but what about contacting Decleor via their website? I did this recently as I wasn't getting the results from the Ylang Ylang oil and they contacted me within a few days with advice re changing products and application. I had been using purete but noticed a few thread veins around my nose so thought something less abrassive could help hence the phytopeel.

#12 I might do that Tangle foot! :)
Tbh, I had been fairly dismissive of their stuff until recently when I finally cottoned on that putting the Aromessence Neroli oil under Melatogenine cream does actually make a difference (to skin tone) & began to show a bit more interest in their products!
(I always use the Neroli oil after a bath as well as at night, definitely seems to help! Normally I steer clear of oils as they tend to cause mild breakouts but this one doesn't seem to! Is also 'magic' as tiny phial appears to be just as full as it was a month ago! lol)

Admit I have some of this unopened (destined for ebay!) and had a feeling it just wasn't for me. Still not sure it is but fascinated to read your reports.

Regarding Decleor oils, I love them. Neroli is pleasant but my absolute favourite now is the Excellence.

I have flirted terribly with skincare brands over the years and have (I think) finally found some products which suit me and my awkward skin. My skin tends to get lazy so I've found changing, usually with the seasons helps. Always had oily skin with acne, which has continued well into adulthood and still plagues me from time to time. Recently my skin went through a reactive/sentive stage. I changed to Neroli and balm essential and it worked. My skin seemed to rebalance Although still oily it's not as oily as it once was (maybe age related) and is now more combination. Sorry for the prattle.

Admit I have some of this unopened (destined for ebay!) and had a feeling it just wasn't for me. Still not sure it is but fascinated to read your reports.

It's weird stuff & it is a bit of a PITA as nothing seems to be happening & eventually you think 'Oh stuff this, that's enough of this palaver!' & rinse away what's left & hey presto, fresh, gently glowing skin has appeared!
(And trust me, gently glowing skin is not something I come by very easily usually, it's my biggest bugbear actually!)

If you do decide to try it & think 'Yer barmy lying c*w, it's carp!', I'll buy it off you, honest! ;)
The gommage is easier to apply & use (I don't have to wait long for it to start 'bobbling', not sure if this is a good or a bad thing though? lol) but I genuinely think the Phtopeel gives better, softer instant results! :)

Sorry for the prattle.

Prattle away! :)
I'd rather listen to peoples' views on stuff on here than have to trawl through all the ruddy reviews on QVC to find what they folk really think of something, filtering out all the idiotic ones who only gave something 1 star due to the sizes being 'very small' or something, despite the description clearly stating the sizes before they bought it! Arrgghh!

Really? I didn't know that Gillbabe - it is only a small tube that came in a kit, so no really detailed 'instructions'! I did try googling it but not much luck there! I guess you just sort of tap it gently or something to remove it from round your eyes?

Both my beauty therapist and Fiona on the TV have said you can do this - and I've had it done whilst having my Decleor facial. This is what they use when you have an Eye treatment too. Yes, you put it on gently and then press your fingers on the skin whilst you remove with the other hand (if you get my drift - if you make the skin taut it will be easier to remove without it stretching the skin!).

Hope that makes sense!

I hate this stuff! Its more like fight o' peel for me! Nearly had to rub my skin to the bone to get the darn stuff off. Glad I only had a small tube.

I don't like it either, got myself in a right mess with it when I tried it. I ended up having to cleanse again just to get rid of the stuff.

Ive used this in the past and once you get used to it, i found the results good, nice soft skin.

I would apply it while i was running the bath and by the time the bath is ready its time for the mask to come off

x

Latest posts

Back