Cuddl Duds (Fashion) TSV 13/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yes i aint joking the company is called "Cuddl Duds"

from QVC.COM

"Cuddl Duds offers the ultimate in cozy comfort without unnecessary bulk. Crafted from super-soft fabrics in a rich palette of colors and a variety of silhouettes, Cuddl Duds offers women limitless options for year-round layering and comfort.

Shop flattering, seamless pieces below
including workout pants, tank tops & women's T-shirts, meant to be layered under or over for the weekend, work, or play."

http://www.qvc.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-1&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&keyword=Cuddl+Duds

I don't think that QVC got the memo that the English spoken in the UK ain't the same as the English spoken in the US. Duds in the US are most often clothes. In the UK duds are rejects, poorly made items.

I call the name the harbinger of doom. Maybe I'm wrong...

dud /dʌd/

informal

noun
plural noun: duds

1. a thing that fails to work properly or is otherwise unsatisfactory or worthless.
"all three bombs were duds"
an ineffectual person.
"a complete dud, incapable of even hitting the ball"
synonyms: failure, flop, let-down, disappointment;
More: damp squib;
informal: washout, lemon, loser, no-hoper, non-starter, dead loss, dead duck, lead balloon, fail;
informal: clinker
"their new product turned out to be a complete dud"
antonyms: success

2. clothes.
"buy yourself some new duds"

More American duds whichever way you interpret the word "duds". When will they realise we Brits have totally different tastes and totally different sizing than the American women ? Plus most of us have access to at least one large town and its shops if we wanted it and could find the time and inclination to go.
I have a friend who lives in Idaho, over 100 miles from the nearest city and with only a small town around a 40 minute drive away so they relied heavily on mail order clothes and household items. The whole family came on a UK holiday and called in to visit me, and his wife and daughter were totally enraptured by our UK shops. They spent a week in London and 2 further weeks visiting Scotland and Wales and his daughter who was 15 at the time, said her mail order clothes from home, made her feel very old compared to what she saw teenagers wearing here. His wife was at least 10 years younger than I was and yet dressed like an old lady.
I know the large American cities such as NY are a hub of shops and fashion but America is such a huge place I swear many people are still living 30 years behind the times.

Yep, yet another American set of "duds" mind you, QVC is an American shopping channel (the UK on the end just so you know which QVC will deliver to you) so no surprise really.

Oh God, not more "layering pieces". Holy pooh, every time one of the so called fashion expert/stylists are on they can't shut up about layering pieces and how we need them and have to have them and that's the secret of good dressing lar di lar di lar.

I'll probably tune in and have a good laugh.

CC

Clothing is hard to get right, as M&S frequently demonstrate. But bringing "successful" US clothing brands into the UK without reference to the significant differences between US and UK customers, shopping choices and shopping habits is a recipe for disaster. It's harder to dress well relying on QVC's clothing choices than it is to just wheel your trolley around Sainsburys, Asdas or Tescos never mind going on the high street.

How come the supermarkets, and budget outlets such as Primark are able to bring us perfectly acceptable cotton and viscose (and sometimes also modal) items for a fraction of what QVC charges? I don't think the places these items are sourced from vary that much to justify the higher prices... and rarely does the difference in quality justify it.

In the past year I have bought one item of clothing from QVC (an Isaac Mizrahi top in cotton), 3 from Ideal World and everything else from the supermarkets or high street (love Tesco's 5-packs of black bamboo ankle socks). Previously I would have been able to find attractively cut dresses, in flattering prints (in polyester, admittedly) from Kim & Co and Nina Leonard. I despair of being so lucky at the moment. Maybe it will change... but I'm not really seeing evidence of it at present.

Oh God, not more "layering pieces". Holy pooh, every time one of the so called fashion expert/stylists are on they can't shut up about layering pieces and how we need them and have to have them and that's the secret of good dressing lar di lar di lar.

I'll probably tune in and have a good laugh.

CC

I couldn't agree more.The clothes are awful in my opinion and I don't know who would wear this look .On model who is a larger lady 'bag of washing 'comes to mind, whilst the more 'average' or skinny lady looks swamped.They suggest layers so you buy more clothes to make said layers.

Apart from anything else... can you imagine, in the unlikely event you are complimented on your outfit owning up to wearing Cuddl Duds? No? Me either. If I was a baby or toddler this brand would be plausible... possibly...

Apart from anything else... can you imagine, in the unlikely event you are complimented on your outfit owning up to wearing Cuddl Duds? No? Me either. If I was a baby or toddler this brand would be plausible... possibly...

Reminds me of the Quacker tops which most look designed for children. Honestly, could never see any of my friends or family wearing one lolololo???

Latest posts

Back