Crazy packaging!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

EmJ

Registered Shopper
I ordered a Decleor Neroli oil on Sunday (4 Easypays!) and it arrived today in a massive box absolutely packed full with those foam packing thingies - what a waste - it's such a tiny product sent in a box which could have fitted over 20 of it in!!!

Anyone else had any crazy packaging, I seem to be getting it more and more from QVC!

Em xXx

Most items seem to be in huge boxes for the size of the item (probably so they can try to justify the high postage costs) however, the other day I received 2 Benefit mascaras and they came just wrapped in a small piece of bubble wrap in a small padded envelope. Perfect! Maybe it's getting through.

that's why they can get away with charging so much p&p! Also it is a bit of a pain having to hold onto all the packaging, in case you want to send the product back.

No easy pay here http://www.cheapsmells.com/index.php but 34% cheaper at £24.95 and only 95p p&p. Delivered within 3 working days and much less packaging!

The packaging does seem to have got better lately, but I always add on the postage cost when considering if it is good value or not. That's the reason I general go for the TSV's but when I want an individual item (especially from the beauty department) I get them from other sites, which are cheaper. It's a shame you can't order more than one thing and pay one lot of post with QVC.

I ordered a Murano glass ring a while ago which arrived rattling around loose (amazing it wasn't damaged) in a big 9" x 9" box. It was also too big for my letterbox so I had to go and collect it from the depot. Ridiculous!

Crazy packaging

I ordered a Veronese necklace, it was very light and thin, and arrived in an enormous box. returned it without the box, don't see why I should pay all that extra postage for a excessively large box, whlen a bit of bubble wrap would do the job perfectly well. just waiting for the fall out!

I wonder whether it is the way the computerised picking in the warehouse needs all these boxes, perhaps it cannot pick small items?

I ordered a Veronese necklace, it was very light and thin, and arrived in an enormous box. returned it without the box, don't see why I should pay all that extra postage for a excessively large box, whlen a bit of bubble wrap would do the job perfectly well. just waiting for the fall out!

I wonder whether it is the way the computerised picking in the warehouse needs all these boxes, perhaps it cannot pick small items?

I have also returned items in smaller boxes or jiffy bags. Rididulous waste of materials and postage money - ours!

Latest posts

Back