Comic Relief - £13??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AllThatGlitters

Registered Shopper
Comic Relief - £13??

I've just listened to a 'lucky' T-caller managing to double her winning credit to...£26. This means that QVC will donate 26 whole pounds to Comic Relief?

Is it just me, or does this seems like an embarrassingly measly amount? When they've been flogging £260 handbags as 'affordable luxury', they can't really think that a £13 credit would be a big thrill? Or that £26 is much to contribute?

The T-caller had to answer quite a tough question to get her £26 (carefully prompted by Julia), and didn't sound enthralled.

But £26 to Comic Relief? Lots of us will have given more than that personally, if only on phone-voting for Robert Webb and Flashdance...

Or have I missed a critical point?

I've just listened to a 'lucky' T-caller managing to double her winning credit to...£26. This means that QVC will donate 26 whole pounds to Comic Relief?

Is it just me, or does this seems like an embarrassingly measly amount? When they've been flogging £260 handbags as 'affordable luxury', they can't really think that a £13 credit would be a big thrill? Or that £26 is much to contribute?

The T-caller had to answer quite a tough question to get her £26 (carefully prompted by Julia), and didn't sound enthralled.

But £26 to Comic Relief? Lots of us will have given more than that personally, if only on phone-voting for Robert Webb and Flashdance...

Or have I missed a critical point?

It's £26 per hour, I think ( still not a lot though).

I'd have thought more of them if they gave discrete donations to charity rather than flying on the coat-tails of a big occasion like this. At £26 per hour from a company this size, I'd say they are more likely donating to themselves by using our goodwill towards Comic Relief, in order to increase their own profits.

Argey

QVc also do lots of fundraising in house and also do have lots of charity fundraisers.

What a derisory amount for a company with a multi-million pound turnover :11: Obviously a cheapskate ploy to retain audience share. Naff or what?

There has just been a competition in the Liz Earle hour with the prize being a copy of her book. Their generosity is truly underwhelming.

Latest posts

Back