Clickfree copying to new computer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kirkiegirl

Registered Shopper
Can someone please tell me how to copy one document from my previous computer to a new one using a Clickfree backup? I can't see any "Copy" button, just Restore/Transfer which I did try but when I do a search on the new computer I can only access the file if I have Clickfree plugged in. The Clickfree is Model HD325, 320GB, bought from QVC a while ago.

I haven't got a Click Free but assume that any external hard drive appears in My Computer (assume you're using Windows) and then you have to drag across a Folder/File. Hold down Ctrl to copy.

Hi

I've got the same model as you so I've just tried to do this and have written down the process. The assumption I've made is that when you call it a 'document' you are referring to a Microsoft Office file (word / excel / powerpoint). If so the following should work:

1. Plug the Clickfree into the new computer and choose View Files not Restore/Transfer
2. From the drop-down menu choose the computer the document was saved on
3. Search for the document
4. Double-click on the file name to open it
5. Save the document on the new computer on either the Desktop or in the documents folder in your library

Hope this helps x

Thank you both for your replies and apologies for not responding sooner. It doesn't seem to be possible to drag it over Rebus but your method worked Miss QVC. Am very relieved as it would have meant a huge amount of work to get all the information again to redo the document.

Latest posts

Back