Clearance bonanza

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Prepare for another Gem Day people!!!!! In the clearance gold gem set jewellery there are a record 17pages !

They obviously cannot shift smoky quartz and blueberry quartz, the list is awash with the stuff !

A word of warning with the Blueberry - when this gem was first aired, I read several reports on various websites that blueberry quartz was heat treated with other quartzs i.e raspberry etc. and it was not classed as a genuine gem. I wrote to the QVC buying team telling them my findings because they were presenting it as only being found in Brazil etc etc in its natural form. I wrote to the Trades Descp Act authority, and they must have jumped on QVC, because the next time it was aired, Charlie B went to great pains in explaining that various websites said this and that etc etc. but QVC only dealt with honourable sources (yawn). Yes Charlie, the amount there is in clearance stock show how really popular it is with the viewers.

Not jumping to QVC's defence in any way here, but a number of gemstones including Quartz are "routinely" heat treated to enhance colour. Its not "illegal or banned" to do so, it happens in a lot of gem preparation situations across the industry in my understanding.

After being to a couple of 'Gem Day' previews I have the feeling the 'gem buyers' aren't that 'on trend'. The gems are pretty uninspiring and rather boring. I'd love to get some really original designs and more contemporary settings. I remember Zandra Rhodes used to sell her designs on QVC and they went down really well. After seeing the 'Butler' from 'Butler and Wilson' on HSN (see the thread) I'd really love some of his designs to make there way to QVC. I used to buy jewellery quite regularly, mostly gold chains and bracelets, and looking at my order history it's been a very long time since I bought a gem set piece that I've kept...they have all been returned! I don't think I'll be getting another invite to the next 'Gem Preview' event somehow.

I was really disappointed w/ the selection too

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

After being to a couple of 'Gem Day' previews I have the feeling the 'gem buyers' aren't that 'on trend'. The gems are pretty uninspiring and rather boring. I'd love to get some really original designs and more contemporary settings. I remember Zandra Rhodes used to sell her designs on QVC and they went down really well. After seeing the 'Butler' from 'Butler and Wilson' on HSN (see the thread) I'd really love some of his designs to make there way to QVC. I used to buy jewellery quite regularly, mostly gold chains and bracelets, and looking at my order history it's been a very long time since I bought a gem set piece that I've kept...they have all been returned! I don't think I'll be getting another invite to the next 'Gem Preview' event somehow.

YES - THE ZANDRA RHODES COLLECTION, I believe she only did the one, and I bought one of her quirky designed emerald rings.

I agree a lot of the designs are boring, and there is a lot of ..... same design different gems items. Also is seems that Tigers Eye and Lapis are the latest that QVC is giving the hard sell on. Whatever happened to the lovely lady who brought us big and bold gold gem jewellery ? She always put her initials into her pieces. She designed large blue topaz bracelets, and huge lemon citrine rings .

Latest posts

Back