Chuntley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Have just watched the Frank Usher hour, and I'm struggling to believe that Chuntley is the mother of grown up kids ! is she really as dippy as she portrays in front of the camera I wonder. Honest to God how the woman passed her audition interview is beyond me. I was squirming at listening to her dipsy antics and 'silly me', and confessions of how she left her dressing room in such a tip with half drunk cups of tea that Anne Dawson had to face. No doubt she was agonising over which hairstyle to thrill us all with instead of tidying up before her dressing room mate turned up for work.

There seems to be a pattern with Q presenters, Chuntley the aged teenager, Franks who doesn't 'do' kitchens, cleaning or gardening, Margerine with her squeals and eye rolls, and Claire Sutton with her nursery voice. The Teletubbies had more maturity than this lot.

I don't dislike CHuntley but I know what you mean, Brissles.

As for the Teletubbies, I wonder which would be which? I think:

Tinky-Winky (Charlie - not that I've checked!)
Dipsy (CHuntley)
Laa Laa (Claire Sutton)
Po (Flinty - just because!)

Chuntley and Claire get on my chesticles, I'm all for having a laugh but grown woman acting like ditzy, airheads is nothing short of embarrassing, especially when they've got their chesticles and cleavage on show.

As each year passes she gets more and more giggly silly me little girl act, flirting with male guests. Her endless gushing on the wonders of QVC and the horrors of anyone shopping on the High Street. It got old and tired long ago.

If she just cut it out, instead friendly and giving information so much better.

I don't mind Catherine, but I agree she needs to grow up and act her age, but then that goes for quite a few of the female presenters on qvc.

I don't mind Catherine, but I agree she needs to grow up and act her age, but then that goes for quite a few of the female presenters on qvc.

Like watching Catherine at times but she does over do the little girl and silly act a bit too much! Much prefer her to most of the others any day of the week, lololololo! :mysmilie_43:

Cant stand the woman. More false than a basket full of Basso coats. If absolutely pushed would take Marv instead and that is saying something.

Even when it is a show I want to see and might buy from I cant listen to her - muted is bad enough because I can hear her in my mind.

I notice she has picked up on referencing everything to her mum, a la Chloe and Sara G, and Claire with her mummy. It's a right turn off, suggesting products are good enough for the older folk only.

I notice she has picked up on referencing everything to her mum, a la Chloe and Sara G, and Claire with her mummy. It's a right turn off, suggesting products are good enough for the older folk only.

Totally agree with you. Every time they go on about how much their mum likes a product l switch off for the exact same reason.

On the other hand how many times do we hear presenters singing the praises of some awful item of clothing and think that they wouldn't be seen dead in it if they had a choice?

I bet Choe's and Catherine's mums must get a bit cheesed off... all their friends probably think they have no sense and no taste!

On the other hand how many times do we hear presenters singing the praises of some awful item of clothing and think that they wouldn't be seen dead in it if they had a choice?
What get my goat is the way. When they are trying to flog us some tat they say "this is my favourite product at the moment" of course it is, at least until you put it down and pick something else up. They do this on twatter all the time...

Like a brainwashed cult member telling the followers their way to heaven is buying whatever QVC are selling. :mysmilie_17: Whilst chanting inwards, must sell, must sell, must sell.

I think CH does the proverbial hole digging when she says something silly ...she can`t seem to help herself to shut up while she`s ahead!!

Like a brainwashed cult member telling the followers their way to heaven is buying whatever QVC are selling. :mysmilie_17: Whilst chanting inwards, must sell, must sell, must sell.

I would agree Donna although I'm not quite sure where they will find the brain to wash in Chuntleys case

brissles, a brilliant summing-up of Q, I'd say. They are certainly caricatures, and it's a pity some of them don't start behaving like adults. Why they think their silly antics are funny and not childish, I can't think. I only watch some of it to laugh at the overpriced stuff they sell - and their presenters, with few exceptions, do the tat no favours!
Have just watched the Frank Usher hour, and I'm struggling to believe that Chuntley is the mother of grown up kids ! is she really as dippy as she portrays in front of the camera I wonder. Honest to God how the woman passed her audition interview is beyond me. I was squirming at listening to her dipsy antics and 'silly me', and confessions of how she left her dressing room in such a tip with half drunk cups of tea that Anne Dawson had to face. No doubt she was agonising over which hairstyle to thrill us all with instead of tidying up before her dressing room mate turned up for work.

There seems to be a pattern with Q presenters, Chuntley the aged teenager, Franks who doesn't 'do' kitchens, cleaning or gardening, Margerine with her squeals and eye rolls, and Claire Sutton with her nursery voice. The Teletubbies had more maturity than this lot.

My impression is that she thinks the "ditzy" act is genuinely funny and appealing. As brissles has commented elsewhere, why a grown woman would demean herself to act this way is one of life's unsolved mysteries. Why can't these "hold back time" women realise that you can only get away with the silly giggly act when you are no older than 16. After that, it crosses the line and comes under the heading of 'Pathetic' and people laugh at you, not with you.

I think CH does the proverbial hole digging when she says something silly ...she can`t seem to help herself to shut up while she`s ahead!!

This is it, in a nutshell, donna255. If this was the case, I might actually watch for longer than 5 minutes or so, but to see these women acting so stupidly gets on my nerves. If most of us behaved in this airhead way at work, we would be out of a job. Far from appealing to women viewers (who, I would say are the majority of their audience), it is completely off-putting for intelligent women, in my opinion.

As each year passes she gets more and more giggly silly me little girl act, flirting with male guests. Her endless gushing on the wonders of QVC and the horrors of anyone shopping on the High Street. It got old and tired long ago.

If she just cut it out, instead friendly and giving information so much better.

Last edited:
This is it, in a nutshell, donna255. If this was the case, I might actually watch for longer than 5 minutes or so, but to see these women acting so stupidly gets on my nerves. If most of us behaved in this airhead way at work, we would be out of a job. Far from appealing to women viewers (who, I would say are the majority of their audience), it is completely off-putting for intelligent women, in my opinion.

Mind you reading some of the Facebook posts and the twatts I really wonder if, apart from ourselves of course, there are any intelligent woman watching any more. Maybe they are catering for the lowest common denominator .

Latest posts

Back