Charlie Brook (Mr Smooth)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

letbuyerbeware

Registered Shopper
Just to keep my hand in I thought I'd comment on Charlie Brooks style of presentation. It's so formal and patronising with dreadfully irritating hand gestures and excessive use of repetitive superlatives. Think I'll rephrase that:
he's full of himself

I suggest he spends some time performing with Peter Kay then he might realise he's on the telly and not pitching to a group of company chief executives in the boardroom

G

PS I'm sure Charlie is a nice guy

Just to keep my hand in I thought I'd comment on Charlie Brooks style of presentation. It's so formal and patronising with dreadfully irritating hand gestures and excessive use of repetitive superlatives. Think I'll rephrase that:
he's full of himself

I suggest he spends some time performing with Peter Kay then he might realise he's on the telly and not pitching to a group of company chief executives in the boardroom

G

PS I'm sure Charlie is a nice guy

Smarmy,patronising egotistical and lechourous.
Watchable though :19:

He's got worse. I used to think he was fine at first, but now he's just so smarmy and oily and "hereonqvctheshoppingchannel" every 5 minutes.

I'm sure he IS a nice guy, but he really makes me switch off.

I think he is very gauche and shallow and living in a world he does not fit into. Far too materialistic, in my opinion, but then should not complain because that is what QVC is about, and I am as guilty of that as anyone.

He is like a child sitting an exam, he has learned the right words with no idea of what they mean.

Yes, you are right, I am being cruel, but that is how I see him.

Smarmy,patronising egotistical and lechourous.

But apart from that he's okay!:D

He always seems to be in slow motion and I can't stand his constant use of the word 'so'.
This ring is sooo stunning, sooo alluring, sooo blimmin' expensive when you can get it cheaper on a jewellery channel...
Yeeuch!

It's the constant repetition of the word 'here' that drives me mad.

I noticed when one of the others -- can't remember who -- was doing a send up of his ring-box-opening antics the other day, they incorporated this particular verbal tic.

So you like him then :p

Gotta say though I'd rather turn on the telly and see 10 Charlies than just 1 *dun dun duuuuun* GLEN CAMPBELL!!!!! An expert of ladies fashion - is he a secret crossdresser :D I think we'd all rather QVC saved his wage and gave us cheaper prices. I'm sure most women know how to use a handbag! What a great big turnoff.

So you like him then :p

Gotta say though I'd rather turn on the telly and see 10 Charlies than just 1 *dun dun duuuuun* GLEN CAMPBELL!!!!! An expert of ladies fashion - is he a secret crossdresser :D I think we'd all rather QVC saved his wage and gave us cheaper prices. I'm sure most women know how to use a handbag! What a great big turnoff.

I think I must be in the minority because I like Glen. He has a pleasant and relaxed presenting style which does not have me reaching for the remote control.

I like Glen too. He doesn't personally choose the awful clothes and he's doing what he's paid for (i.e. selling it). I bet he wouldn't touch some of the fashion with a barge pole but he can't very well say that on air.

Latest posts

Back