Charlie Brook food presentations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Charlie is very much 'old school' but to me a vast difference from the OTT gushy women presenters.

Very much slower pace, he is tasting the products as if a food connoiseur, slowly savouring the morsels allowing the viewer time to consider the purchase rather than be rushed into an impulse buy by the female presenters gobbling up the food as if ithey were famine relief victims...

I wish QVC would go back to those gentler selling styles!

When I saw Charlie for the first time in a while at the weekend I thought he looked noticeably older and more gaunt. Thought he needed to be on a few food shows. Maybe he has been trying to deliberately lose a few pounds especially if he is on a food show not gobbling down every morsel at lightening speed.

I rarely watch these day but when I switched on in the last few days I thought too he has aged!

Charlie must be one of the lucky people that can eat like a gannet and not put weight on. I like to see people enjoy their food, but
some while ago seeing Chloe having a pie sandwich made me feel rather ill.

Charlie is very much 'old school' but to me a vast difference from the OTT gushy women presenters.

Very much slower pace, he is tasting the products as if a food connoiseur, slowly savouring the morsels allowing the viewer time to consider the purchase rather than be rushed into an impulse buy by the female presenters gobbling up the food as if ithey were famine relief victims...

I don't recognise that from what I saw! Pat and Chef Michael started sniggering as soon as Charlie got near the food... his reputation preceeds him. Thing is, unlike Simon on the Cooks Essential shows, Pat and Chef Michael won't carry Charlie. You didn't see him chomping all the time, true, but you could hear in his voice off camera that he was chowing down and speaking at the same time.

I like Charlie and enjoy his shows. Think his presenting is good and like his fairly laid back, not fake like approach! :mysmilie_8:

QVC needs the diversity of approach... if they had a bunch of identikit presenters with the same style, they would quickly find that their viewership disappearing. By having a variety, different people can find someone they can bear to watch.

Personally I don't like Charlie presenting Charlie Bears (crooning about the bears) and I don't like him presenting shows involving food... as he treats the hour more as a speed-eating event. That's easily fixed though - checking the TV guide and avoiding the shows.

QVC needs the diversity of approach... if they had a bunch of identikit presenters with the same style, they would quickly find that their viewership disappearing. By having a variety, different people can find someone they can bear to watch.

Personally I don't like Charlie presenting Charlie Bears (crooning about the bears) and I don't like him presenting shows involving food... as he treats the hour more as a speed-eating event. That's easily fixed though - checking the TV guide and avoiding the shows.

Oh yeh, I forgot about the Charlie Bears. I will take what I said back in my opening post!

The Charlie Bear Hour have to be about the most irritating and retarded presentations QVC do. The fawning over these toys is just an excruciating experience. It's worse than Ideal World and former Bid TV presenter Peter Simon shlling the Vibropwer equipment and Mossanite 'jewelry'...and that is saying something!

When I saw Charlie for the first time in a while at the weekend I thought he looked noticeably older and more gaunt. Thought he needed to be on a few food shows. Maybe he has been trying to deliberately lose a few pounds especially if he is on a food show not gobbling down every morsel at lightening speed.

I agree. I enjoy watching Charlie on both food and jewellery shows as he obviously really enjoys presenting both. He is nice and calm. I know some folk think he is very slow but I like it.

Oh yeh, I forgot about the Charlie Bears. I will take what I said back in my opening post!

The Charlie Bear Hour have to be about the most irritating and retarded presentations QVC do. The fawning over these toys is just an excruciating experience. It's worse than Ideal World and former Bid TV presenter Peter Simon shlling the Vibropwer equipment and Mossanite 'jewelry'...and that is saying something!

It's refreshing to hear someone else cringe over these CB Shows! Can't watch and astonished at the amount of adulation they get from people mainly on Fbook!

Blimey, Charlie must be ill - normally he crams the food into his mouth as fast as he can, sometimes he's got so much in his mouth he can't talk. It certainly is not a pretty sight, especially when he starts to try to speak and bits of food come flying out of his mouth - yuk! Perhaps someone "had a word" with him, because frankly it looked as though he hadn't been fed for a month. Perhaps he was eating something he didn't like?:mysmilie_17:

That's exactly what he's like! What makes me feel sick is when he tries to speak, and has so much grub in his mouth that bits of food fly out. Mind you, he's a real asset if you are on a diet - Charlie Brook on a food show is enough to put anyone off their grub pronto:mysmilie_5:!

Latest posts

Back