Careful, now, you'll have her eye out....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madaunty

Quietly, Very Confused
No, this is not a reference to Janie and her figure enhancing shape wear.

But have just turned on the telly, and was somewhat alarmed to see the length and "pointiness" of the Benefit make up artists nails.
I hope the models are getting danger money
I was wincing, just watching as she flashed concealer around their eyes,so 'eaven knows what they were thinking.
:sweat:
I remember when I first saw Laura Geller on Q that she had fairly lethal looking nails as well. And then she didn't - I've often wondered if there'd been "an incident":wonder:

Last edited:
The woman who was doing the nail stuff on the nails inc shows the other day had hers filed to a point like claws. They were hideous.

The woman who was doing the nail stuff on the nails inc shows the other day had hers filed to a point like claws. They were hideous.

They were horrible nails, almost reptilian .... raptor nails lol

The lovely model Catherine also files her nails to a point which i find very unattractive and then paints them a rather non-descript colour.

I'm a fan of shorter squarer nails. I hate the long pointy look. I always think they look like claws.
One of the opi guests have the claws and it looks horrible imo

My friend got hers filed into a point & they were painted dark navy, must say I've seen her with nicer manicures.. I love nice groomed nails but can only wear mine shorter & square.

Mine are always a squared off oval. They're usually long but whatever the length I keep the shape the same. I don't like the pointy look at all.

Mine are always a squared off oval. They're usually long but whatever the length I keep the shape the same. I don't like the pointy look at all.
I have awful short horrible nails, they grow then break off, i think cause i wash my hands a lot, but i've never had long nails, and we're not
allowed them in work. But how do you put make up on , can you text with long nails, i've often wondered. I'm envious of lovely nails :)

No, this is not a reference to Janie and her figure enhancing shape wear.

But have just turned on the telly, and was somewhat alarmed to see the length and "pointiness" of the Benefit make up artists nails.
I hope the models are getting danger money
I was wincing, just watching as she flashed concealer around their eyes,so 'eaven knows what they were thinking.
:sweat:
I remember when I first saw Laura Geller on Q that she had fairly lethal looking nails as well. And then she didn't - I've often wondered if there'd been "an incident":wonder:

moi?? :giggle:

i don't like points or the straight across like toenails look AY says we should have. i like ovals.

barbs - i think you're right, it's constant handwashing, especially with the hospital soap stuff.

I have awful short horrible nails, they grow then break off, i think cause i wash my hands a lot, but i've never had long nails, and we're not
allowed them in work. But how do you put make up on , can you text with long nails, i've often wondered. I'm envious of lovely nails :)

I've had long nails for as long as I can remember so I've never thought about it. They grow like billy-o and I file them down when they get too long. Difficult to say what too long is though lol. I keep my thumb nails shorter.

I quite like shorter nails too.

I was really surprised when I saw the Nails Inc Techi's nails. I think they looked dreadful and not in fashion, surely? My nails grow like mad and I too have to file them down. When I was young, they were really long which made my job as a Secretary difficult when typing, but that was the style then. Now, I keep them shorter and love my many polishes, most of which are Nails Inc. My favourite shows on QVC are the nail shows (any nail show), unless Jill Franks is presenting/taking over.

i watched a tutorial on how they do these '' stilletto '' style nails , not my cup of tea i fail to see how they can do anything normal with them on

Mine are always a squared off oval. They're usually long but whatever the length I keep the shape the same. I don't like the pointy look

Yeah Tinkerbelle, I think thats more the shape mine are, squared off oval. Theyr quite long at the minute as I've been off work ill for a while & theyv had a chance to grow,, theyl be back shorter when Im back at work as we'r not allowed long nails.

Not keen on the pointy nails but the lady presenting is so enthusiastic and obviously loves the products. I also like the array of ages of the models, sometimes get a bit sick of people slapping make up on girls who look about 12

Not convinced about the pinny style thing shes wearing though

I was really surprised when I saw the Nails Inc Techi's nails. I think they looked dreadful and not in fashion, surely? My nails grow like mad and I too have to file them down. When I was young, they were really long which made my job as a Secretary difficult when typing, but that was the style then. Now, I keep them shorter and love my many polishes, most of which are Nails Inc. My favourite shows on QVC are the nail shows (any nail show), unless Jill Franks is presenting/taking over.

Sadly they are. I have a relative who is a nail tech and she has lots of ladies asking for stiletto nails. She also sports them herself. I have no idea how she manages to do other people's nails with hers like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly they are. I have a relative who is a nail tech and she has lots of ladies asking for stiletto nails. She also sports them herself. I have no idea how she manages to do other people's nails with hers like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh god! Its my age, I don't know what is trendy any more.

Seriously though, I remember old Leighton Denny saying once that nails filed into a point were not good and more likely to split than those which were gently curved or square. His 'woman' Nina has the nicest nails I have ever seen.

Squoval - I didn't make it up.

I favour the SquovalShape whenever my nails decide to grow. Lust after the natural nails on Lucy'sStash and PolishedPerfectionist. Closer to home, Tinkerbelle's are awesome!

Latest posts

Back