Can you remember wood treatment product?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

soots40

Registered Shopper
Can anyone remember a product they had on qvc for getting out scratches on wood. I remember an older guy used to do the demo. Can`t remember the product and not seen it on for ages?

Was it Liquid Gold? It came in white plastic bottles and was a milky fluid.

If so, it's been discontinued, there is a product called Scotts Liquid Gold but it's not the same one.

Was it Liquid Gold? It came in white plastic bottles and was a milky fluid.

If so, it's been discontinued, there is a product called Scotts Liquid Gold but it's not the same one.

Ha ha, I'm obviously getting mixed up with Alpha-H!! :giggle:

I used to love this polish I have ordered some thanks for the link. :up2:

Last edited:
QVC used to sell a set of coloured wax crayons which allowed you do a DIY version of a french polish to remove scratches.

I remember that they always used to do the demo scratches with the grain of the wood never across which is much harder to remove.

I would imagine a suitable coloured crayon from a local craft shop and some decent wood polish would do the trick

Orange oil is great for cleaning (I use it) and bringing out the shine of wood but doesn't really repair scratches although it may mask them until the wood dries out again after 3-6 months

Stuart

Thanks so much to everyone for their tips and advise. That is one of the great things about this forum. :clapping:

Latest posts

Back