Bio Chef Slow Juicer with Recipe Book TSV 22/04/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder if Jill Franks will get the launch of this like she did when they had the first Vitamix TSV?

She's very, very keen on healthy diet (although by her own admission not cooking as such), so this would seem to be right up her street.

Wonder what price it will be, it's showing as sold out at the moment, so can't tell? It's on amazon at £179 with free P&P. 16 Five star, reviews out of 30, and averaging at 4 stars which isn't too bad. I've got a centrifugal juicer and do like home-made juices. I've actually been looking at this model, so will be very interested in the price and demos.

Last edited:
I wonder if Jill Franks will get the launch of this like she did when they had the first Vitamix TSV?

She's very, very keen on healthy diet (although by her own admission not cooking as such), so this would seem to be right up her street.

Wonder what price it will be, it's showing as sold out at the moment, so can't tell? It's on amazon at £179 with free P&P. 16 Five star, reviews out of 30, and averaging at 4 stars which isn't too bad. I've got a centrifugal juicer and do like home-made juices. I've actually been looking at this model, so will be very interested in the price and demos.

its acutally Charlie Brook & normally when i post TSV items like this as a heads up it will say sold out even though it hasnt

Thought it was worth a gander. Charlie won't have much to eat, but I'm sure plenty of slurping will be going on :mysmilie_5:

Agree, boffy. We had a Jack la Lanne juicer and always threw away the part of the fruit that your Vitamix or my Omniblend makes things from. Eventually we threw away the juicer, too. I'd rather save up and get a decent blender so you can get the goodness of the whole fruit, but if juicing's your thing, go for it if the price is good. But to watch underfed mecharlie slurping his way through the hour is a bit much for my stomach.

I was just thinking similar myself - the 'pro' for marketing the Nutrition Ninja was that there was nothing wasted and that you got the whole fruit.

In fact they made a big thing of showing the sludge left behind by ordinary juicers.

It'll be interesting to see the reverse spin for this one.

Well I enjoy having juices, and I'm extremely tempted.

£139.92, with £7.95 p&p still brings this in at a lower price than I've seen elsewhere. On 3 EP too.

It's turning my stomach watching the fibre plop out like that!

Only caught a couple of minutes of the TSV. What did they say you use the fibre for?

you can make cakes,muffins and biscuits with the pulp but imo defeats the object of healthy eating imo :mysmilie_5:

If you are "juicing" for health reasons then you are far far better of using a "blender" so that you get to drink the whole fruit,otherwise you might as well be drinking "coke or any other fizzy drink" as the body uses the sugar in juice in exactly the same way.
Eating the fruit is the very best thing you can do for your body .
I realise that not every one likes fruit and veg so blending it is the next best thing.

As far as I can see the demo isn`t really doing a good job OK from one juicer there is some separation which can easily be rectified with a spoon but I thought the whole point was to drink it fresh as soon as so no need to let it stand !! Yes the `fibre` from one is supposed to be a lot drier than the other but at the end of the day all that happens is you miss out on a few more drops of juice !! I thought with juicing the most important thing was that the cellulose in the fruit/veg was broken down releasing the vitamins enabling the body to make use of them because humans haven`t got the enzymes to digest and break it down. I know its a lot more complex but as I see it they both do a very similar job!!

Latest posts

Back