Biker Jackets

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Now that all fashion brands are 'doing' the biker jacket, its amusing how the comments by the presenters/guests differ so much.

Last night Ruth Langsford was eschewing that during the design process of 'her' jacket she didn't want it too long because it wouldn't have that 'edgy look' anymore, and could end up looking mumsy - so hers ends just under the bustline. Tonight there is Denim & Co's version, and Katy Pullinger saying she didn't like the short cropped jackets and felt that 'this one' hits the right length on the body. Talk about run with the fox and chase with the hounds !

QVC is better than any comedy programme 😂 😂

The Denim & Co one looked like a shirt and it had weird ribbed cuffs. Ruth's one was OK but too much money. I got a denim jacket in a second hand shop for a fiver.

It sure is a comedy show. A “ blazer” that’s funny in itself as apart from having lapels..it’s a pretty flimsy looking shirt- it looks really expensive she said - but at £64 I would say it is actually really expensive. I could imagine Esme and Grant picking that tsv to bits if someone had produced that on sewing bee! And the laughs are coming thick and fast £46 for 2 vest tops! Omg!

Well, all those chiffon bits that MW is producing for a fortune, and then there is the big sell to buy the matching vest top to wear underneath !!! Talk about a scam. And wouldn't you just get sooooo HOT wearing a poly vest top with a chiffon 'thing' over it ???

MW would sell far more for those prices if she used natural fabrics and didn't make everything so huge. Even the XS sizes start at something ridiculous like 50". It's rare that XS sells out in a range but it's usually first to go with MW.

Those vest tops don't fit the models properly and I noticed that when Ruth Langsford was last on, her vest tops were a mess as well. Back to basics Ladies as the £4.99 vests on IW (in lots of colours) fit me perfectly and last time I got 2 for £8.00 with free postage.

CC

I just can’t get vest tops to fit me as I’m bigger in the bottom than top and they are too long and skinny in the bottom in an effort to get them to fit under the arms. It doesn’t matter what size I go for the armholes are a disaster. If the top is pretty perfect except the arms I will get them altered but mostly I can’t be arsed.

I'm always taking dresses in under the arms as they are too loose but a smaller size pulls across the tummy/bust. You shouldn't have to though for the prices you pay.

CC

Glad its just not me re armholes. In some garments they're big enough to get your head through !!! It doesn't matter how flabby or big your upper arms are, the actual area at the armpit and shoulder is not as big, and its where you need the armhole to fit in a sleeveless, not halfway down your body. Its just lazy designing.

Different matter where sleeves are concerned, and then a larger armhole and larger upper arm sleeve is necessary (to get the flabby bits through and for a better fit). Hark at me ! I'm not a tailor, seamstress and have trouble threading a needle, but I can see whats w

Why are manufacturers incapable of getting armholes and sleeves right. Armholes like neck holes and upper sleeves far too tight. Surely it isn’t rocket science.

The vest tops were so clingy they made the size 10 model look like she'd got a gut! just after they'd be banging on about how the tops don't cling. A skintight top with elastane is designed to cling...I've got no problem with that...but don't tell us that the garment doesn't cling and skims the body when it's blatantly obvious that it does absolutely the reverse of what they say. The most offensive thing about MW's clothing is the ridiculous prices, closely followed by the unwearablility. I totally don't believe that anyone would go gaga over a zip up top made out of what looks like a curtain voile and could not be worn as a standalone top unless you want to be arrested for indecent exposure. Horrible clothes with even more horrible prices!

MW stuff is really over hyped high cost but low quality fabric and sizing
And it’s getting worse at each TSV - do they never learn or is it just us. Most high street brands are better and certainly no more expensive.

And how the heck do you wear a coat over items like today’s TSV unless you are only supposed to live in a dry climate so that me out.

Jilly wore the geranium tsv over the geranium vest, and my goodness, it fit where it touched ! She clearly had the wrong size on and her very prominent lumps and bumps were more than evident.

I don't care how 'effortless' or 'silky' the fabric is, paying over 30 quid for a vest top - and almost that for Ruth Langsford's skimpy offerings + postage, is a take on.

I still wear every year, spaghetti strapped COTTON vest tops that I bought from the now defunct TJ Hughes, over 10 years ago !!!! and how much were they ? £1.50 each. Hard to believe eh ? I have 3 white, a coral and a blue. They have been washed hundreds of times and they are my go to 'pieces' every summer. And I have found nothing in the intervening years to compare with them. Oh yes, I've found the poly mix ones, viscose, linen et al and the ones with elastene in are the devil's invention ! Shame TJH had to go under - still, I suppose with prices like that, it was hard to keep afloat.

I went to TJ Hughes years ago in Lichfield when I first met Mr CC. Could not believe the cheapness! I bought a nice kitchen knife set (just in case he was difficult 😈 Joke of course) And yes, those vest tops made the models look fat. So how are they going to make me look for £40 a pop???

CC

I went to TJ Hughes years ago in Lichfield when I first met Mr CC. Could not believe the cheapness! I bought a nice kitchen knife set (just in case he was difficult 😈 Joke of course) And yes, those vest tops made the models look fat. So how are they going to make me look for £40 a pop???

CC

At £40 a pop they would make me look depressed!

CC
Ahhhhh T J Hughes! Are they still going?

Latest posts

Back