Bid TV v QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BidShoppingFan

Registered Shopper
Don't get me wrong there certainly are some dodgy sales on bid in terms of value but I still see bid shopping as the best place in the world to get certain products. Certain Megadeals/Megadrops and other offers are amazing value that you just couldn't get elsewhere. It is a shame about the constant gold plated/ finished tat but the Ab Rocket is brilliantly priced. On all the infomercials it is priced at £129.99 or 3 payments of £43.33 but bid are selling it on their website at a fixed price of £38.99 (FREE p&p) although I bought mine from a TV sale for just £29.99 + £6.99 p&p. Even QVC are selling it for £106.00 + £7.95 p&p

QVC: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.433294.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

BID: http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/Ab-Suprem...ctor-mechanism/UT120716/ProductDetail.raction

I`ve never bought anything from any other telly shopping other than IW in the days before I could get QVC ....I watch the jewellery channels but don`t have the confidence to buy as they never seem to say about returning if you don`t like or are not satisfied Also ring sizes aren`t shown very well either most of the time.

I do agree that some real bargains can be had from Bid, but I always feel a bit edgy-just-in-case when I order from them and IW, whereas with QVC I feel more secure ordering and with customer services. Having said that I got an absolutely fabulous feather duvet from Bid for £20.00 and I preferred it to my Northern Nights one for much more money. Would love to get another, but they haven't been on since (think it was slumberland or silent night). Also got a huge handbag, Tommy and Kate and I was not impressed because it was cheap leather and the stitching was all over the place, but I didn't send it back as my sister wanted it, QVC is more expensive I know and don't get me started on the whole p&p issue! lol

I've had quite a few 'bargains' from Bid. Even with factoring an extra tenner in for the phone charge and p&p I have had some winners. Bought my Dad a grey suit for just under £30 a few years ago - he's in his 80's had a stroke and in a wheelchair, but it was just the job for smart occasions. Ok it wasn't M & S quality, but good enough for the price. In the days before the gold and silver price rises, I bought a lot of pieces, like a 9ct gold belcher chain bracelet for 40 odd pounds, which I still wear today, and was far far cheaper than Q or the shops at the time.

I agree, they have stopped quoting the size of the rings, but in the past they have all been size P if that helps.

Latest posts

Back