Beauty Day - L'Occitane TSV 8/9/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
There is a L'Occitane TSV on Saturday 8th September! :happy:

I went to post this yesterday afternoon but thought there was already a thread about it but couldnt find it.

I remember because I commented on the fact that why is it when Loccitane have an AD the TSV's run along side them

AD TSV was in March, which meant deliveries in June, September and December
Loccitane TSVs since March have been June and now September and there is bound to be one in December :headbang:

I won't be buying, now they've lost their 'bunny mark'.

Me neither, I think the only beauty brands QVC stock which have the cruelty free leaping bunny status are Liz Earle and BellaPierre, so my spending with QVC has seriously reduced since I decided to go cruelty free.

Caught a few minutes of a "Locksitaaarn" sale on QVC US last night. The presenter said how you coud "buy it pretty much everywhere now" but that QVCs prices blah blah

I've packed it in except for finishing off a hand wash I'm using, will not be buying into the brand again.

Not another Beauty Day please. How many do we need. Only so much you can view of buy.

Are not not having one nearly every month or so now :wonder:

I buy very little from them these days, tho' their foot cream is still my fave. The prices seem to have gone up a lot recently too :talking:

My friend picked some up for me when she went to the outlet village at Bicester, but i haven't bought any from QVC or direct for a couple of years now. It really is quite expensive just for shower gel/soap.

I pick up the odd bit of L'occy at my local car boot! Latest bargains:

Verbena candle in lovely glass jar with lid : 50p

Lavender set with 500ml Lavender bath gel, pot pourri thing to put in your smelliest drawer and a lavender soap, in original gift box: £2.50

Milk Shea soap: 20p

75ml size samples of shampoo and conditioner Shea range : 50p together.

Cherry Blossom gift set with 500ml bath/shower gel and other stuff: £4.50

Can't beat those prices. All brand new and unused. Love my car boot sales

I like l'Occitane and will definitely tune in to see the TSV. Don't know if I will have enough money to buy it now. I wonder if anyone has asked for an official response on the whole bunny / animal testing thing. I can understand that l'Occitane would not want to cut out such a huge emerging market such as China, but it does seem ridiculous that they should have to test their products on animals when the products have been used by millions of people here in Europe and other parts of the world. I would agree that that is totally unnecessary since the products have already effectively been tested in real life by real consumers. I think the problem would seem to be China's laws which appear to make the animal testing a mandatory requirement. If l'Occitane do branch out into China and therefore do the whole animal testing, they will undoubtedly alienate their European consumers who find it very upsetting.
I'm not against animal experiments per se, but do not see the need to test on animals that have been used by millions of humans.

Love the verbena shower gel - it really does wake me up first thing.

Can't say I've ever been fussed about their body lotions or skincare but I'm keen to try the Divine cream, having heard so much about it. Not that I expect anything from the TSV other than a 500 ml shower gel, body lotion, hand cream and soap. :yawn:

Really am going off it nowadays. Am sick of verbena, lavender, almond blah blah blah and I can't justify spending that sort of money on shower gel when there are some equally high quality products for a fraction of the price on the dreaded high street.

The High Street! Oh my goodness! Actually I really like some high street brands. I used to use l'Occitane hand soap and now use Dove liquid handwash. It's only £1.99, lasts for ages and is not drying at all on the skin unlike some other products, and has a lovely perfumey scent. The Dove product saves me about £20 compared to the l'Occitane product. Love Dove!

Really am going off it nowadays. Am sick of verbena, lavender, almond blah blah blah and I can't justify spending that sort of money on shower gel when there are some equally high quality products for a fraction of the price on the dreaded high street.

Latest posts

Back