BE Well Rested Concealor

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lola Rose

Registered Shopper
As I've already confessed I've ordered the BE TSV which has the BE Concealor in it.

Having used this in the past I've not been convinced by it's coverage, just seemed like I was patting/smoothing a translucent powder onto my face.

Have you had success? Is there a techniqiue to it?

From the demos today I can't see where I'm going wrong..can you help??

I think that the TSV has the Bisque Concealer in a shade to match the foundation colour. That is different to the Well Rested which is for use on eyelids under eyeshadow to prevent creasing and to boost the colour.

The concealer in the TSV has coverage for blemishes. The well rested is an eye brightening concealer so won't offer as much coverage as the TSV one, but brightens dark circles.

a woman on the bare escentuals counter said she did not think that these works as concealers.

having used the well rested it works paticularly well as an eyeshadow base. the texture is a it loose as a concealer.

I think the concealer you get in the TSV depends on the shade of foundation you ordered. The bisque is really good for covering blemishes but neither that nor the well rested is any good for discolouration or as an eye shadow base on mature skin, as they emphasise the lines.

I got some well rested from Debenhams and the counter assistant said it doesn't work without the nylon brush, as it needs to be more of a cream consistency before it's applied. As I said though, it makes every line look 10 times worse. Had I got it from QVC it would have gone back.

I really wanted to like the BE range, it being mineral and promising so much. I was so disappointed with all of it, the bisque just sat on the blemishes, the foundation highlighted all my pores - my nose looked like the seeds on a strawberry!

The mineral veil, so-called finishing powder just looked like I'd stuck my face into a bag of self-raising. The only piece I like and still use is the warmth, which I use as a blusher not bronzer.

(Going off at a tangent now: I'm quite happy with LG's Balance and Brighten and looking forward to the lighter one being launched, but I'm still in search of the perfect foundation).

I think the concealer you get in the TSV depends on the shade of foundation you ordered. The bisque is really good for covering blemishes but neither that nor the well rested is any good for discolouration or as an eye shadow base on mature skin, as they emphasise the lines.

I got some well rested from Debenhams and the counter assistant said it doesn't work without the nylon brush, as it needs to be more of a cream consistency before it's applied. As I said though, it makes every line look 10 times worse. Had I got it from QVC it would have gone back.

Thank goodness for this thread and Bens Mum. I was watching the BE show last night and was really tempted by the well rested. I have never used the range, but listening to SJ, it looked as though it would help with covering veins on eyelids and dark circles which I have given up trying to conceal. The very last thing I want or need it to emphasise lines round the actual, literal eye area, so thats the end of that idea. Probably a eye primer would be better for the eyelid as I don't wear eyeshadow now because there is no point. The teabag stains and a few veins mean no colour looks good. Just have to find a good one!

I completely agree. I've found that Urban Decay Primer Potion followed by Bobbi Brown's "Bone" colour works better as an eyebase, cleaning any darkness from the actual literal eye lid!

I really wanted to like the BE range, it being mineral and promising so much. I was so disappointed with all of it, the bisque just sat on the blemishes, the foundation highlighted all my pores - my nose looked like the seeds on a strawberry!

I agree. Made my pores look huge, my complexion super shiny (and usually I only get a bit of shine on my nose) and it highlighted all the little hairs on my face so I looked like a shiny, hairy peach. I could never get it to cover redness either. There are far better
brands out there.

I didn't get on with the well rested either BUT, during the winter I dumped the whole pot into the remainder of my tan foundation and it was the perfect shade for me. I have reversed the process with the warmth and the medium tan foundation in the summer. Also, I had a surplus of models prefer yellow powder and a loose bronzer which I am using up in the same way. Custom blending!

Still bought the tsv though; couldn't resist the easy pay option!

:blush:

Well Rested has never worked for me as a concealer or an eye base so I just use it as an eye shadow.

I think that if you have any discolouration of the eyelid or should that be the "actual eyelid area" then you really do need a proper eyelid primer such as eye spackle or one of the other cream/gel type ones.

I too use Urban Decay eye primer potion (which stops everything creasing) then Chanel eclat lumiere, which is a pen a bit like YSL touche eclat but it's a concealer as well (comes in 3 shades) and 10 times better. It's a bit pricey at £25 but I'll last for ages as you only need the smallest amount. It covers anything and is invisible. Definitely my dessert island product.

Latest posts

Back