B&W on britains Secret Shoppers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lawrenson

Registered Shopper
Hi,

just watching Britains Secret Shoppers on Channel 4.

Had 2 ladies go into the Butler and Wilson store on South Molton Street, and try and haggle for 2 handbags.

They were offered 10% off straight away!

Couldnt get any more off tho.

Cheers,
Karen

Hi,

just watching Britains Secret Shoppers on Channel 4.

Had 2 ladies go into the Butler and Wilson store on South Molton Street, and try and haggle for 2 handbags.

They were offered 10% off straight away!

Couldnt get any more off tho.

Cheers,
Karen

Very interesting, i wouldn't dare haggle for something in a shop............. but well done them

Just watching this show myself, i think the women being offered the discount may have had something to with them having a camera man with them. Whats the point in that? i bet if any of us went there 2morrow without the camera man they wouldnt offer the discount

When i go to the supermarket tomorrow , I shall try this when i get to the till

I'm not holding out much hope.

Wow!! I dare not do this in UK. I do a great haggling in the Far East, did some super haggling in China on my trip there (sometimes I give them a little cash back , because I know they have much less income ...and both of us are happy) It is a good feeling and they expect a bit of haggling anyway.

Not that unusual to get a discount, the key is to ask someone who can make a decision.

Last week there was only one memory stick left on a BOGOF deal at Staples. I asked the manager if they had anymore as I'd rather have 2 for £10 instead of the 1 left. There weren't anymore in stock so he offered me the same deal on another (and better as it happens) brand.

I ask for a discount here in the UK but only for goods or services that probably cost over £150 or if I'm buying two or more of something. Last weekend I bought two tyres for my blipping car. £230 for one and £150 for the other. Asked for a discount and got 10%. Not the best discount but I had already found the cheapest supplier in town so I was quite happy with that. Well hardly happy at spending that on two blasted tyres but you know what I mean.

I bought my son a watch for a special birthday and got a £50 discount. And that was from Ernest Jones.

I ask for a discount here in the UK but only for goods or services that probably cost over £150 or if I'm buying two or more of something. Last weekend I bought two tyres for my blipping car. £230 for one and £150 for the other. Asked for a discount and got 10%. Not the best discount but I had already found the cheapest supplier in town so I was quite happy with that. Well hardly happy at spending that on two blasted tyres but you know what I mean.

I bought my son a watch for a special birthday and got a £50 discount. And that was from Ernest Jones.

Was it because you had your camera crew with you again though Tink! :wink:

I haggled with my car insurers in January - it had gone up by £100 because I had made a small claim. Managed to get it down to £3 less than I paid the previous year! Still cant believe it, but very happy:mysmilie_481:

My father in law asks for discount if he's paying cash for larger purchases, he often gets it too. I havent the b*lls to ask for discount anywhere, Im even mortified handing over vouchers lol

My father in law asks for discount if he's paying cash for larger purchases, he often gets it too. I havent the b*lls to ask for discount anywhere, Im even mortified handing over vouchers lol
I always do this if I'm paying cash for things like tv, fridge freezer etc. The last time I asked (I was buying a laptop) the assistant said that they were unable to give a discount, told the guy that I had been offered 20% discount next door (which I hadn't) he went away and spoke to his manager. Five minutes later viola got a 20% discount.

If you don't ask, you don't get!

Latest posts

Back