Ashwood Handbags 25/1/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
There is an Ashwood Handbags TSV on Friday 25th January :happy:

I did read on the QVC Facebook last week someone complaining at how disappointed she was with what she thought would be a high-quality handbag. The leather was not great. A few others commented on the brand and you can get better on the high street or online cheaper.

I have one bag from this range. Poor quality leather and I will not be tempted again.

Is this the range which people complained that the body of the bag was leather but the straps were plastic ?

Is this the range which people complained that the body of the bag was leather but the straps were plastic ?
I think that was the Tignanello range but the leather part on those bags is certainly a lot better quality than that on the Ashwood handbags.

Yes apparently, and I quote "plastic handles are much easier because they move better on the shoulder and don't crack"..........Carla Lazlo, who ironically must've been on crack when she made that comment.

I can't remember now who it was, but someone on here alerted me to the Osprey sale and that is where I now look for bags. I am awaiting UPS with one even as I type!

The only plus point for synthetic handles IMHO is on a very pale bag where leather handles can get progressively darker and finally look awful against, say, a champagne body.

I can't remember now who it was, but someone on here alerted me to the Osprey sale and that is where I now look for bags. I am awaiting UPS with one even as I type!

The only plus point for synthetic handles IMHO is on a very pale bag where leather handles can get progressively darker and finally look awful against, say, a champagne body.

It was me Mazza. I always look for an excellent bargain in the Osprey sale and if you hang on a bit longer they always reduce them even more unless there`s one I fall in love with and won`t risk them selling out so I buy it as soon as the sale begins.

Yes apparently, and I quote "plastic handles are much easier because they move better on the shoulder and don't crack"..........Carla Lazlo, who ironically must've been on crack when she made that comment.

:mysmilie_15:
That made me laugh! Not so funny were the awful bags I had with plastic handles which cracked, one of which ruined a coat shoulder because I didn’t notice the damage at first, and another which cut my hand. While we’re on the subject, I’m not keen on those nylon/canvas straps and handles on Kipling bags either. I have two Kiplings and the straps look awful now.

I’m quite pleased to be reading these negative reviews of Ashwood bags because some of them look really nice and I could do without the temptation.

It was me Mazza. I always look for an excellent bargain in the Osprey sale and if you hang on a bit longer they always reduce them even more unless there`s one I fall in love with and won`t risk them selling out so I buy it as soon as the sale begins.

I owe you a debt of gratitude then, Vienna. I don't really have the nerve to hold on to the bitter end so have bought mine in the first flush. This is my third! But they are sent out from their factory in Luton, town of my birth, so (as well as supporting Stacey Dooley in Strictly) I feel that these purchases support my original local economy and are thus fully justified.

:giggle:

I owe you a debt of gratitude then, Vienna. I don't really have the nerve to hold on to the bitter end so have bought mine in the first flush. This is my third! But they are sent out from their factory in Luton, town of my birth, so (as well as supporting Stacey Dooley in Strictly) I feel that these purchases support my original local economy and are thus fully justified.

:giggle:

Exciting ! Which one did you buy ?

The Coast Leather Grab in forest green. I think it has sold out now.

In the pre Christmas secret sale I got a berry shoulder bag. I had wanted the forest green hobo but that had sold out before I had even logged on day one! I am trying to get a few more colours into my bags which are usually black, and then think to use them! If I get some decent ones that should be the spur needed. I used to travel to Milan quite lot with work and bought quite a few gorgeous bags there but time has caught up with them so I must make an effort.

Still no sign of UPS with my Osprey bag. It says by end of day but I wonder how early that will be on NYE.... I think normally they go until 7.00 or even 9.00 but I doubt that would happen tonight.

:sad:

The quality is crap .....

This is what I meant by using to 'store wellington boots in' but didn't wish to appear rude as one of us was interested in them. Hopefully you knew what I meant, but now that the gloves are off, they are nasty. Think 'looky looky' men in Africa' The leather is real, but really horrid. Yuk.

:mysmilie_15:
That made me laugh! Not so funny were the awful bags I had with plastic handles which cracked, one of which ruined a coat shoulder because I didn’t notice the damage at first, and another which cut my hand. While we’re on the subject, I’m not keen on those nylon/canvas straps and handles on Kipling bags either. I have two Kiplings and the straps look awful now.

:mysmilie_17:

Same here Andi, the straps on my Kipling bags have gone the same, all bitty and looking old after just a couple of uses, so stopped buying them now.

Latest posts

Back