Archos TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

concordia

Easily Confused
Oh help, I'm tempted by this....my portable DVD player has just died, my satnav needs maps and camera updating, been looking for something portable to show piccies to family...:confused:
And yet I know from experience that Archos is pants at instructions, is lots more difficult to work than they show, only downloads video in its own format, you do need a docking station and other extras :rolleyes:
Step away from the remote....FART, FART, FART! :cool:

TSV Archos 5

Don't really see the point in this tsv at all - it's the old Archos 5 which has some awful reviews on their website - just with a couple of add ons.

I suppose it's one way of getting rid of an item that no-one appears to be happy with and by bundling it with some extras, you might shift 'em...so long as nobody sees the bad reviews for the Archos 5 on it's own. :rolleyes:

tvs

We must have been typing the same thread there Concordia!

Dont' do it! Read the reviews...erm...EVERYWHERE. Amazon has some corkers about the Archos 5 ;)

Amazon has this model, without car cradle and charger, case, dvr snap on, for £289.99 and free shipping.
Not to worry, I have FARTed successfully!

Concordia - you summed it nicely on your thread. It's one way of Archos shifting a model! However and my mother siad this before I did is that the accessories are far too much for an supposedly all in one product. That makes a mockery of the launch bit whre Simon says "look at all these things the Archos" replaces then proceeds to show all the attachments to get the functionality!

A couple of years ago this would have made sense but now devices now come in a single box. I personally think that the dedicated satnav box is on its way to the electroics retirement home as mobile phones can do the same job with more functionality. Battery life aside, an iphone with co-pilot (at a bargain £25) seems more appealing for slightly more cost. The big advantage is that you don't need all the attachments as it is all built in. Not to mentin that it is also very well supported in video rippping! Must just say that the screen resolution will be better on the archos but then again who is looking for minute picture detail on a handheld device?

BTW I don't own an iphone and you can do all of it on other phones except the user interface is good on the iphone.

I suppose it's one way of getting rid of an item that no-one appears to be happy with and by bundling it with some extras, you might shift 'em...so long as nobody sees the bad reviews for the Archos 5 on it's own. :rolleyes:

It's what QVC do best - repackage some carp item with a few added extras or whatever, giving it a new item number (& thus a new 'identity'!) & losing the poor reviews for the item in its original format along the way! lol

This model seems to be the newer Archos 5, with the Android operating system, not the older Archos 5.
QVC have made a mistake with the name on screen: they have called it an Internet Media Tablet which was the name for the older Archos 5, that had the bad reviews, the new one is called the Archos 5 Internet Tablet and runs Android.
Having watched the presentation, it definately seems to be this newer model they are selling.

Fancy QVC getting the details in the `L` wrong:eek:

Not that I`m buying one though, maybe if I hadn`r just got a Tom Tom at about the same price, I might have done.
Hope that is of some help.
:)

Latest posts

Back